Author Topic: Ice Cube>>>>2pac  (Read 1974 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: Ice Cube>>>>2pac
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2005, 08:55:17 PM »
As I said before, Pac was the better all around artist, hands down. Cube never made mindblowing joints on the level of tracks like "Blasphemy", "Who Do U Believe In", "Hail Mary", etc etc......as an overall songwriter, Pac had no equals.

And as far as overall impact goes, dont make me laugh. Almost every mainstream rapper today has copied or been influenced by Pac in some way shape or form. They got fucking Pac COLLEGE COURSES now, that is how deep people consider his lyrics. Honestly, I think you people saying Cube is better are just going against popular opinion just to "be different". Fuck that.

Cube is top 10 all time but Pac is GOAT. Close thread.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 09:12:39 PM by The Sneaker Pimp »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

wc-reppin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2005, 09:08:12 PM »
Goin with cube on this

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2005, 11:18:15 AM »
I'm still waiting on a Cube hater coming in saying Kam is the greatest... or Common... lol

I love Cube, second greatest WC artist IMO. I mean, the list is a great list. 2Pac, Cube, Snoop, Ren, E-40, and that's just the top 10.

Honestly though, were are the real hip-hop heads that will argue Common is better than Cube... lol. All this thread means is that people like to go against what the masses thinks. That's good, I think debate is very healthy, and it leads to finding out the truth. In this case though, I think though it's a good argument, I think people are going into this seeing 'Pacs negatives and Cubes positives, forgetting Cubes negatives and 'Pacs positives.

As for the responds comparing 'Pac to Jr. let me put it to you like this, Hail Mary, Blasphemy and Who Do You Believe in, mix in with Dear Mama (Happy Mothers Day Mama M Dogg) So Many Tears, and Keep Your Head Up, I mean 'Pac was so deep, so diverse there is no other rapper to compare him with. Not even the Great Rakim, who was the most lyrical rapper ever, and not just lyrical put lyrical and made sense. 'Pac can not be compared to any other rapper, for better or for worst. Some say his the GOAT 'cause of this, some say he was just someone not lyrical so he used gimmicks. Whatever the case, his too different to be compared. Compare Cube with Ren, Eiht, 40, Snoop, someone that truly compares with him. But 'Pac is bad to compare with anybody.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2005, 03:11:23 PM »
the guy's been dead for almost 10 years and you're still trying to find someone better than him?
what a retarded thread....
i'd say if pac were still alive today, this thread wouldn't have even been a thought in anyone's head - but he's dead and people deny the potential of 2pac b/c they don't have the imagination.

as we've seen a million times in life. Music, Sports...shit, anything....potential means shit. Its what u actually DO, not what u could have done. If Ken Griffey Jr would have died at 25 people would have said...."wow, he could have been the best baseball player ever, he would have broken every hitting record ever known". Truth is, he's still alive...and wont. So fuck potential.

yeah, maybe you're right...but my main point was that you can't really compare the two guys...it's an opinion based argument. facts mean shit here as far as most of us are concerned....

yeah i feel u. Especially if people are using "Source" mag ratings as argument...lol shittttttttt...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2005, 03:15:25 PM »
OK... fuck it... I'll say it

2Pac<Ice Cube<Kam

KAM IS THE GOAT OF THE WESTCOAST

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2005, 03:42:27 PM »
^I disagree. I'm talking about who's the better artist. If you're going to talk about subject matter, Ice Cube has that on lock. Ice Cube has rapped about everything under the sun including gangsta shit, party tracks, race relations, political stuff, he's tackled the subject of religion in his songs, education, story telling, the east coast west coast beef, diss tracks, drug dealing from a story telling and critical standpoint, the LA Riots, Korean Storeowners, sellout rappers, Uncle Toms, brothas at concerts not acting right, the perils of gangbanging, need I continue?

I'm not taking away from artists like Kam or Common, they're great artists, but neither of them have had the impact on the game or have taken the risks that Ice Cube has taken from a lyrical standpoint. Neither has taken the heat that Ice Cube has, or has tackled controversial subject matter with the same ferocity that Ice Cube did in his prime. I do give Kam props for stepping up and taking on some controversial subject matters recently and we need more of that in hip hop.

rafsta

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2005, 03:53:29 PM »
i cant believe this topics still goin...

ice cube doesnt compare to tupac shakur.

ice cube doesnt have half the intelligence pac had, pac was a poet, his deep rhymes are untouchable, cube could never reach the level pac was at... what could cube do that pac couldnt ? coz i could name a few tracks that cube couldnt dream of writing.

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2005, 03:57:05 PM »
Fuck man , Cube has been around this gangsta rap shit when pac was Fuckin dancin background 4 digital underground . so forget about all that shit..

Cube > 2Pac

Without Cube there would be no 2Pac...End of story

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2005, 04:01:05 PM »
^I disagree. I'm talking about who's the better artist. If you're going to talk about subject matter, Ice Cube has that on lock. Ice Cube has rapped about everything under the sun including gangsta shit, party tracks, race relations, political stuff, he's tackled the subject of religion in his songs, education, story telling, the east coast west coast beef, diss tracks, drug dealing from a story telling and critical standpoint, the LA Riots, Korean Storeowners, sellout rappers, Uncle Toms, brothas at concerts not acting right, the perils of gangbanging, need I continue?

I'm not taking away from artists like Kam or Common, they're great artists, but neither of them have had the impact on the game or have taken the risks that Ice Cube has taken from a lyrical standpoint. Neither has taken the heat that Ice Cube has, or has tackled controversial subject matter with the same ferocity that Ice Cube did in his prime. I do give Kam props for stepping up and taking on some controversial subject matters recently and we need more of that in hip hop.

No way does Cube got better and/or more subject matter than Pac.

Every topic that you listed in your first paragraph, Pac has made at least one song about......and Cube wasnt known for his women positive songs, whereareas Pac made those kinda tracks on the regular.

One other edge that Pac has over Cube:

Cube's albums (with the exception of Death Certificate) declined with each progressive release, while Pac's got BETTER.

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2005, 04:11:01 PM »
^Cube wrote Eazy Duz It and most of Straight Outta Compton. They were reciting CUBE'S rhymes.
The first four Ice Cube albums are considered some of the best albums in Hip Hop.
All Eyez On Me was a bunch of filler. Not that hot. Me Against The World, 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly..., they're OK. 4-5 mic? Please!

Sometimes Pac gets too much credit. Makaveli was a 4. The rest are about 3-3.5. Bet, had Pac NOT died, none of those albums would get props.
On an other not, War and Peace were not that bad. People just jump on the bandwagon and call em wack. Those HORRIBLE albums that have Pacs name on it are far from better than those 2 LPs.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2005, 04:25:31 PM »
again cube is nice but i prefer pac. sorry if i hurt your feelings.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2005, 04:35:43 PM »
Ice Cube quoted pac in his new movie.

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2005, 04:39:31 PM »

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2005, 05:05:19 PM »
^Cube wrote Eazy Duz It and most of Straight Outta Compton. They were reciting CUBE'S rhymes.
The first four Ice Cube albums are considered some of the best albums in Hip Hop.
All Eyez On Me was a bunch of filler. Not that hot. Me Against The World, 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly..., they're OK. 4-5 mic? Please!

Sometimes Pac gets too much credit. Makaveli was a 4. The rest are about 3-3.5. Bet, had Pac NOT died, none of those albums would get props.
On an other not, War and Peace were not that bad. People just jump on the bandwagon and call em wack. Those HORRIBLE albums that have Pacs name on it are far from better than those 2 LPs.

Personally, I think you talkin out of your ass, but whatever.....

mauzip

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2005, 05:52:36 PM »
Without Cube there would be no 2Pac...End of story fairytale

without pac's ancestors there would be no pac. that's the end of the story