Author Topic: Common-Be-2005  (Read 710 times)

JERRY JULIANO

• 'G'
Re: Common-Be-2005
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 05:36:58 AM »
yeah this is a sick record right here... some real good shit. A little soft but good music nevertheless.

Definition. The Hip-Hop Compilation IS OUT NOW!!

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 09:19:51 AM »
sure seems like classic is thrown around a lot. yeah its a very good album but a breath taking classic? no, I dont think so.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 11:18:53 AM »
sure seems like classic is thrown around a lot. yeah its a very good album but a breath taking classic? no, I dont think so.

it's a classic in todays standard yes
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 03:02:22 PM »
THE ALBUM HASN'T EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET

HOW THE FUCK CAN IT BE A CLASSIC BEFORE IT'S EVEN RELEASED?

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2005, 06:20:48 AM »

so what, i been bumping this for 2 months straight and that was long enough for me to decide and call it a 5 mic album. whether its out or not doesnt change anything, the music is still the same. so go out everybody and fucking buy it.

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 01:41:04 PM »
I thought it was officially supposed to drop today? However, international shipping's always a bit slow - they told me in the recordstore to pick it up on Friday. They'll also have a maaaaaad bonus dvd included with the album, containing studio footage, live material, a documentary and what not... That's crazy!

Kal EL

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2005, 01:59:17 PM »
This Shit is Fucking GREAT!!!! I am glad that I waited, this was worth the wait. Real Hip Hop.

:banana_rock: :banana_rock: :banana_rock: :banana_rock:

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 02:07:20 PM »

That's the main reason I was laughing at that comment.
Some people will call just about anything they like a classic.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 04:20:38 PM »
someone post up a link in hookup spot?

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 04:59:18 PM »

so what, i been bumping this for 2 months straight and that was long enough for me to decide and call it a 5 mic album. whether its out or not doesnt change anything, the music is still the same. so go out everybody and fucking buy it.

ok ladies,
it's officially been released. you now have my blessing to call it whatever the fuck you want.
i think it's a great album too....probably common's best i've heard.

i do have a big problem with people calling bootlegs 'classic' though...if the album hasn't officially been released, there is still a chance that tracks are going to be scrapped so i think it's far too early in the 'officially released' stage to be considered a title that takes years to determine.

imo - there was once a bootleg that i thought for sure was going to yeild a 'classic' - it was bad azz - personal business. the bootleg was OFF THA HOOK. then it officially released and 6 of the dopest tracks were taken off and replaced with garbage ass tracks. no longer a classic.

a classic has to stand the test of time and has to officially be released to be considered a 'classic' in my mind. but, hey, it's your opinion so decide whatever the fuck you want. i just think you sound ignorant and juvenile when you are touting something as a classic and it still has a lot of room to be scrapped. 

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 05:23:20 PM »
ok ladies,
it's officially been released. you now have my blessing to call it whatever the fuck you want.
i think it's a great album too....probably common's best i've heard.

i do have a big problem with people calling bootlegs 'classic' though...if the album hasn't officially been released, there is still a chance that tracks are going to be scrapped so i think it's far too early in the 'officially released' stage to be considered a title that takes years to determine.

imo - there was once a bootleg that i thought for sure was going to yeild a 'classic' - it was bad azz - personal business. the bootleg was OFF THA HOOK. then it officially released and 6 of the dopest tracks were taken off and replaced with garbage ass tracks. no longer a classic.

a classic has to stand the test of time and has to officially be released to be considered a 'classic' in my mind. but, hey, it's your opinion so decide whatever the fuck you want. i just think you sound ignorant and juvenile when you are touting something as a classic and it still has a lot of room to be scrapped. 

Im not actually sitting here and analayzing every rhyme and comparing it to Illmatic or Doggystyle after the first listen and decide whether its a classic or not. Im calling it a classic for todays music standard cause it's definitely the best album I bought since College Dropout. so you damn right, im calling it whatever the fuck I want.

They'll also have a maaaaaad bonus dvd included with the album, containing studio footage, live material, a documentary and what not... That's crazy!

Ya its a good ass DVD.... I like the making of "the corner" and the tight studio interviews with Sway

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 11:46:39 AM »
I wouldn't call it classic but it's a nice album overall. "One Day" is Common's best album and I don't think it's possible to top that masterpiece, but this album definitely knocks. This cd will be in my cd player for a while.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 12:17:49 PM »
Is this cd worth buying even if im not a big fan of common??

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 12:18:17 PM »
can someboyd please post this album in good quality. thanks.

DJ F Sharp

• 'G'
  • I'm a hustla
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005, 03:03:12 PM »
This album and Kanye's new one will dominate the Grammys next year...Common - Be is truly a great album!

Bumpin it right back up
---- F Sharp
Bumsquad DJz / Dubcnn
www.myspace.com/djfsharp --- DJ F Sharp Mixtape News
"Cali Love Pt.2: New West Order" hosted by Crooked I, Sly Boogy, & Bishop Lamont comin in End of June
"Cali Love Pt.3" hosted by Re-Up Entertainment's own Ras Kass & 40 Glocc comin soon...