Author Topic: Creationism in schools  (Read 114 times)

J Bananas

Creationism in schools
« on: May 07, 2005, 01:09:40 PM »
What do you guys think about the debate over teaching real science as opposed to creationism or whatever the religious strategy is? I know theres a big debate in Kansas City right now and since I dont know any churchies I was wondering if there was anyone here that supports creationism in schools, or if everyone thinks that this is bullshit.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Creationism in schools
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 01:21:52 PM »
lol "seperation of Church n state". it sounds strait forward enough....

the problem with teaching religion in school is, which one do u teach? This is supposed to be a country that accepts all races, religions, etc. So if u teach one, u have to teach em all. So why not say "fuckit, theyre all bullshit. Theyre all tools created by man to control peoples thoughts and actions anyways...so we'll just teach facts instead of guesses"

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 03:19:56 PM »
In private schools, teachers can teach kids how to sniff their own ass if they wan to. But because public schools are funded primarily from the pockets of the federal government (or in other words, you and me), they should stick to teaching kids what has been scientifically proven.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 04:05:02 PM »
they should be able to teach both sides of the argument

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 04:08:40 PM »
They're both theories. Neither have been proven right or wrong. Why not teach both perspectives?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 05:02:17 PM »
Some scientists want to bring in intelligent design into the debate, which is the idea of a creater or a designing mind to fill up these "holes" sciencet has not answered yet.  Seems fine but doesnt it seem like thats the easy way out?  In school they should encourage to question the theory of evolution but also know that its the best science has to offer at the moment.  If they try to push this idea, its just going to be incredibly easier to prove wrong since it is just a belif.   Hey, how about teaching the whole debate of it as well in History class? And just teaching science in a science class.