Author Topic: Tom Delay  (Read 100 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Tom Delay
« on: May 09, 2005, 10:03:38 PM »
For those of you who don't know much about Tom Delay here is a brief introduction to the ideology of the Republican's chosen House Majority Leader.... Just a few weeks ago during a Q & A w/ reporters at the Washington Times:

Mr. Dinan: You've been talking about going after activist judges since at least 1997. The [Terri] Schiavo case gives you a chance to do that, but you've recently said you blame Congress for not being zealous in oversight.

Mr. DeLay: Not zealous. I blame Congress over the last 50 to 100 years for not standing up and taking its responsibility given to it by the Constitution. The reason the judiciary has been able to impose a separation of church and state that's nowhere in the Constitution is that Congress didn't stop them. The reason we had judicial review is because Congress didn't stop them. The reason we had a right to privacy is because Congress didn't stop them.

----

I don't think much needs to be said about the absurdity of this statement, but let me elaborate.  A chosen leader of the republican party firmly believes that we are wrong to have a seperation of Church and State and a right to privacy.  Not only that, but he implies that these things need to be changed, and that we should blame the liberals for ruining our judiciary by establishing concepts such as the seperation of church and state, the right of every citizen to privacy, and the right of judicial review.  Mr. Delay also suggests that Republicans oppose the seperation of Church and State, and the Republicans oppose your right to privacy.

Oh yeah... and just like G. W. Bush, Tom Delay is a drunk from texas that suddenly after he hit his 3rd decade finally denounced drug and alcohol abuse and found God. Ironically Bush and Delay are close friends.  Oh and one more choice quote:

Tom Delay: "I am the federal government."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:06:49 PM by Ant »