Author Topic: Sit Back and Relax....Soldier stories 2002  (Read 242 times)

themovie

Sit Back and Relax....Soldier stories 2002
« on: July 26, 2002, 03:00:30 PM »
SOLDIER STORY #1 PROJECT REVOLUTION
Day #1 Jan 29th 2002 World Arena, Colorado Springs

These are the Cypress hill Soldier stories 2002 from their tour with linkin park starting january 29th in colorado.
Sit back,smoke a phat one and check it out.
After being off the road for a while recording “Stoned Raiders” we were all pretty excited to be goin back on the road. When we got the call that Linkin Park wanted us to come out with them the answer was all too easy. So we immediately began to prepare ourselves for this tour to be as tight as we could be. After a couple of weeks of practice, it was time to hit the road and kick some ass.

The first stop on the trip was in Colorado Springs. We had gotten there a day before the actual show and there was absolutely nothing to do there at all. Luckily we had an abundance of the great and tasty Kush weed to keep us sane but the Kush can only pacify boredom for so long till it starts contributing to it. So we decided to rent a ride and take off for Denver for our day off. We went to this place called Shotgun Willie’s and got as faded as time would permit us. It was a nice change of scenery in comparison to Colorado Springs.

The highlight of this night was when this dude tried to touch this chick in all the wrong places and she slapped the shit out of him. He thought we were laughin at what he tried to do but we were actually laughin cuz she damn near slapped the taste out of his mouth. Now this dude was a real punk, cuz after she bitch slapped him he called the cops on her and tried to say we were witnesses. So this female cop comes up and asks us if we seen what happened. We told her we saw nothing, thatwe only had seen the ending but we assumed he grabbed her. They then kicked him out of the club. Sorry bastard.

We had a great time on our night off but now it was time for the day of the show and we were all amped up to play. The venue was a hockey rink so it was a bit cold in that mother fucker but once everyone got in it warmed up. The first band to play on the bill is this group called Adema, very cool mother fuckers I might add. The first night we might they we hit off, instant party vibe ensued. Uncle Jack D was in the house along with good ole Captain Morgan who came for a lil visit who was also followed by the shot of Yager. It was quite a lil party. I didn’t get to see them play that night but shit we have a whole month to see them. Before you know it, our time had arrived to rock the stage. I think all of us were charged to play and being that we had 2 knew teammates on the squad with Christian O, bass player from Fear Factory now takin over the bass duties for Cypress and the DJ who basically made it possible for Cypress to exist, DJ Julio “The Hitman” G.

Julio G was one of the original KDAY mixmasters, a legendary radio station in Los Angeles back before hip hop really blew up in the 90’s. He also was the head on air DJ at the 100.3 the Beat formally 92.3. He was instramental in getting Soul Assassins Radio on the air back in the day. He was our DJ when we were known as DVX before we were Cypress Hill and before we met Muggs. He was the one who introduced us to Muggs, so if it wasn’t for this guy there would be no Cypress Hill. So you can see how this was gonna be a different tour but fun as hell. Muggs couldn’t really make this tour due to the birth of his brand new baby girl, congrats to my man by the way but I’m sure that y’all as fans can understand that. Besides that Julio is a bad motherfucker too. Anyway, the show went on and we all felt a lil rusty but had a great time up there. We all made a few blunders but kept it together. The only thing was I totally forgot we were playin in a place that was 7000ft in elevation and that took a big toll on me. I felt like my legs were jelly, and all I kept thinking was “damn! I know I ain’t that bad of shape. Man, I was huffin and puffin and puffin and puffin but I wasn’t blowin no house down that’s for sure. We got a great review though and I gotta give up to the fans they were alive and pumpin. I had a great time and this is a much better tour than that Offspring bullshit. Everyone is cool on the tour, partying together and that the way it’s suppose to be." B-REAL

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

themovie

Re: Sit Back and Relax....Soldier stories 2002
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 03:01:02 PM »
"SOLDIER STORY #2 PROJECT REVOLUTION
Day #2 Jan 30th 2002, Kansas Coliseum

We got to Kansas early in the morning like 600am but usually no one gets up till 9:30. I get up earlier than everyone most of the time but the bus we were traveling on was a lil uncomfortable. No one had gotten a good sleep on this bus so we eventually changed it out later on that night but we were feelin the effects of the first show. Since we were there so early and had no hotels we were forced to be at the venue all day. Did I mention most of these places are hockey rinks? Anyway, it was so fuckin cold, you know the kind of cold the make a man’s nuts shrivel and a woman’s nipple pop like popcorn but even the cold couldn’t stop us from havin a good time. While a few of us were on the bus playin play station games, the other half was in the dressing rooms playin old school funk and hip hop. When I walked in the dressing room and heard the music it made me feel like I was at a 1985 backyard party.

The day seemed to go by slow and I became a lil restless but a few hits from the vaporizer and restlessness all gone. Thanx DR Greenthumb! As the day was turning to night, we all were getting up for the work at hand. At 7:30pm Adema went on stage. I didn’t get to see them the night before so I made it a point to see them on this night and being that I shoot photos as a lil hobby, I took a few shots. They sounded pretty good. I didn’t know what to expect at first, I heard a lot about them back home but didn’t hear anything. We had hung out with them and they were really cool dudes so I had to check ‘em out. I wasn’t disappointed..

After they were done we got our pre show smoke out and got ready to kick some ass in Kansas. We’ve always had good show hear but we hadn’t been around in a while so I was a bit nervous but that goes away fast once the curtain opens. The show started upbeat and I definitely felt better physically than in Colorado Springs. I must say, chicks were not shy about flashin the headlights despite the cold. Much props to ya we from the Hill appreciated it deeply.

The show came off really well, and I feel we’re getting better as we go, but the dressing room party was just as live as the show outside. People everywhere smoking, drinkin just straight up havin a good time, and that’s how it should be. Hell, even the guys from Linkin Park were hangin. They weren’t smoking or anything but they were hangin and it made it seem like the tour was gonna be like a family sort of like how it was with Bizkit and very much unlike softthing I mean offsprung or spring whatever, fuck em. This is a cool tour and it seems like it’s gonna continue to be fun and I hope it stays that way. I urge you to come out if it goes thru your city if it’s not sold out yet cuz this is a great package to come out and see.

Well I’m out, I must have a vapor session to correct my head. It’s only the beginning so if it seems tame so far, its only gonna get better. Not to worry, next stop the windy city. That’s right good ole Chicago. By the way, I got to give a big up to the people in Kansas for being such a dope fuckin crowd. Peace "

B Real

themovie

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2002, 03:01:32 PM »
"SOLDIER STORY #3 PROJECT REVOLUTION
Day #3 Feb 1 2002 UIC Arena Chicago

I thought Kansas was cold the minute we stepped off the bus in Chicago I quickly remembered why the call it “the windy city”. It was really fuckin cold, you got to remember that we’re from Cali and we don’t get cold weather like this. Shit, the cold ass breeze cut thru you pants like razor blades. It felt like someone dump a bag of ice down both pant legs. Despite the weather Chicago’s always good to us, many classic show we have done here. From the Aragon ballroom, to the china club, house of blues, the world and so many other places to mention we rocked it all here and made many good friend along the way like this band called Los Marijuanos, A hip hop band we met on Mancow’s show. Mancow’s a shock jock like Howard Stern and is very fuckin cool like Howard as well. I met those guys with him up at Mancow’s radio show and it was the first time a really big radio jock let us blaze up the whole radio station. He’s got balls for that.

I got to see those guys once again due to the fact I had to go visit Mancow on this trip to promote the tour and the Stoned Raiders album. I knew it was gonna be crazy cuz that’s just how it goes with his show but I was still trying to wake the fuck up cuz the got me up at 6:00am to go do this. To my surprise, the other guest on the show was the guy who came out in all those Police Academy movies, Michael Winslow One the crazy sound effects guy ever. He’s the one who make all the noises with his mouth. He was doin all kinds of crazy shit. We might have to do a song together.

The other guest was a pleasant surprise. You see I’ve been a WWF fan since I was a kid and I’ve even become friends with a lot of them especially the Godfather and Taz. I just produced an entrance song for Taz. If you watch the WWF wait for Taz to come out and listen for the song. It’s called “Thug Superstar”. Anyway, as I’m sitting there with Mancow shootin the shit they announce Joanie Laurer formally known as “Chyna the 8th wonder of the world” After leavin the WWF she’s written books, done other TV shows, and movies. She’s also trim down for the muscular body she use to have. Everyone back in the day said she looks scary like a man but not these days. She was looking good. I for one was left with my mouth wide open when I seen her walk thru the door. She wasn’t dressed all half naked but you can tell she look different in a good way.

We had a good time on the show, it was like Chyna was the new girl at school and all the guys were tryin to impress her and get her attention. She took it all well of course anyone that can handle wrestling with 300pound men can surely handle us. We invited her to the show and she seemed real interested but she had so much shit goin on that she didn’t make but I have a feelin we’ll be seein her at a show comin up.

Once we were at the venue we all got settled in and it looked to be a great show ahead of us. A few old friends showed up to party and get to stoned with us. What else is new? I was getting stoned out of my fuckin mind, which is very normal but hey if you say it enuff time you’ll believe that you are higher that you really are. Well, maybe not but give it a shot it might work for you. So I didn’t do much at this gig but hang and party although I did kick Christian, and Bobo’s Asses at 2k2 football ps2 style. It was 2 against one with 4 man player control but I had no one to team up with so I took them both on together 2 against 1, then I played Christian 1 on 1 and took him out too. Skills upon skills I have.

After the video game beating I had served up, it was time to rock shit on stage. I could feel the energy of the crowd; too bad our light system didn’t get any of that energy. Turns out our light system had an output problem, which mean we had no light for the first few songs. First song, no lights at all, second song regular lights, third song we had something goin but still not fully powered up. So that thru the momentum off but we still rallied and got passed it but then it came time for the 4 foot monster to appear and things were goin well till someone packed a wet piece of weed. Which means I got no hit, at all. Needles to say that thru me off a lil but I rallied once again. The crowd was great, no matter what was goin wrong up there and that’s what I love about Chicago, that even thru all your mistakes they’re gonna be down no matter what.

What can I say about the party in the dressing room? I was hot as usual. All the bands come to our place cuz they know where the motherfuckin party’s is. Even the guys from Disturbed came thru. I thought they were doin a show but apparently they all live in Chicago. I’ve seen them out in Hollywood at Lil Amsterdam so I thought they were from back home but hey I guess I was wrong.

The smoke fest was in full effect, everyone was tryin to pull out his or her best herb to smoke the mighty Cypress Hill out but everyone knows the Hill holds the most powerful, tasty, and potent herb. They all realized this when I merely began light the Kush joint that blew the whole dressin room up like a daisy cutter in the Afghan Mountains… " B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2002, 03:02:06 PM »
"SOLDIER STORY PROJECT REVOLUTION
Day #4 Feb 2nd 2002 Alliant Energy Center, Madison

When we got to Madison there wasn’t too much to do. So we chilled and vaporized all the way up until show time. Man! I hadn’t hit the vaporizer that much in a long while. You have to pace yourself with that thing or you’re in for deep sleep, especially if you’re smoking the kush. We had smoked so much that I decided to chill before the show but that didn’t last too long. This dude had brought some bomb blueberry shit he wanted me to try so how could I say no. So I became more baked as the night progressed. I was so smoked out that I had to walk outside and let the cold air wake me up. It didn’t work. The dude who brought the shit asked me “so where’s the kush you brag about so much?” He didn’t know he was playin with fire. He obviously left with no doubt that my kush weed is no hype and all for real.

So 2 hours pass and we’re ready to go on but no one could find Sen anywhere. Time passes, 2 minutes to go and still no Sen, finally the curtain goes up, and no Sen. So I had to start the show without him so that the rest of the concert would not run late. 3 songs went by and finally Sen joined the show, the hunt for Sen was over. I‘ve done many shows myself but I was ready for it then, this took my by complete surprise. The show was dope still. From the starting gates the people were pumped up, each song we played they went to the next level. Even the slow songs were getting an intense reaction. For as mellow as it was before the show the energy that came from the crowd woke me from my vaporized daze. I was ready for action and I felt good about the whole performance. The drum solo Bobo and I play came out really tight. That’s one of my favorite parts of the show, although sometimes Bobo will play too fuckin fast and keeping up with that shit ain’t easy. I think he does it on purpose. He does it to Christian, Andy, and Jeremy on “Cock the hammer”. At the end of that song there is a build up, which speeds up drastically and when he speeds up he has this fiendish look on his face as if to say you motherfuckas gottta keep up with me. I see the look on the other guys face and I can relate, cuz once his hands get movin there’s no stopping and if you fall off, it’s terrible.

The after party once again was poppin, for a minute it looked like it was gonna be slow but right after the show it picked up. When I walked out of the dressing room to make a phone call there was no one hanging out, but when I came back in, it was kickin. I didn’t stay long due to the level of highness I had achieved thru the day; I didn’t feel the need to push it any further.

I guess all I can say is the show was great, and I was baked beyond belief. We have a day of tomorrow so I’m gonna take full advantage of it. Lakers playin and the Super bowl 2 for one. It’s all good . "

themovie

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2002, 03:02:45 PM »
Day #5 Feb 5, 2002 Cobo Arena Detroit

We hadn’t been in Detroit since the Offspring incident or tour whatever you wanna call it but it was good to be back. We had great times in the past and why would this time be any different. Back in the early 90’s some of our best performances came from Detroit, and someone always came thru with bomb herb. Like I said why would this time be any different? This was so far one of the highlight shows of the tour.

There wasn’t much goin on before the doors opened, just a lot of jokin around, video game, exploring the venue and such but the real fun began once the show started. I mean we hit a mall earlier but that’s nothing. But when the show started it was like instant party mix. Julio bumped the old school jams and the party begun. It was the usual flood of people that come and enter Cypress Hill’s Vampire room; which is what it has been appropriately named. Lights out weed smoke a shit load of people and the vibe was set. What really set the party off was the explosive set we had just played.

Now I’ll admit, it started off slow at first but once the Cypress machine got started it could not be stopped. I felt vocally I had a really strong night but on the percussions I felt like I slipped on a few things. To my surprise everyone said it came out better than all the other nights, so maybe I oughta just play fucked up every time and it’ll be a good night every night. Or maybe not. Things got a lil funny when we pulled up the four footer, some undercover cops began to freak out but the chilled when we told them it was fake, lil did they know. Hehehe

We ended the set with Rock Superstar, which drew the crowd in to a massive mosh pit. Leaving the stage I felt satisfied that we rocked the shit out of the people in the Cobo Arena but was quickly givin info that the cops were on the hunt for me. I did my fast quick change and act like I was just one of the guys as we walked into our dressing room in case any cops might be there waiting for me. So we get to the room and we’re all givin each other props for the show and 2 female cops walk in on us. At first I thought someone was playing a joke on us to scare us and get a laugh, but then I thought one was too cute to by a real cop so I thought they might be strippers. The thug in me cause me to look her up and down and see if I can see a faulty costume design but to my surprise they were for real. Naturally, I thought they came to give me a hard time and bust me, but to my surprise yet again, they did want to bust the party they wanted to join the party. Hell, one was even tryin to put the moves on the real one. Wouldn’t that have been funny? Me, getting to stick it to a cop for once. Ah! It would have been classic. We just partied instead but everyone was trippin that even the cops wanted to party with us knowing full well that we have a bunch of weed with us. Shit, we were even rollin it in front of them and they just laughed and told us how the used to hit the weed in their rookie years. They were kind of young but had been PO’S for a while now. Man! We had a great time in Detroit and just think we got cops who are down so we can smoke in peace like we always do but with more security. D12 showed up to show love, I know some of you are still trippin with the whole Everlast thing but it’s been squashed and these guys are cool with me and they always show us love and watch our backs when we’re out there, so big up to d12 for looking out. It’s important for y’all to know that we would never let anything happen to our Soul Assassins brethren, but when people extend their hand in friendship and are sincere and with mutual respect it goes a long way, rather than be enemies for some small petty shit.

Chicks were hot, an abundance of pot, partying with cops
Cypress Hill don’t stop… Peace and on to the next " B REAL

themovie

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 03:03:28 PM »
Day #6 Feb 6th 2002 Nutter Center Dayton Ohio

The morning we arrived in Dayton, I awoke in a haze of the thickest cloud of Kush smoke ever imagined. It was just like a scene out of a Cheech and Chong movie. So now you’re askin, what’s new? My reply, nothing, but that’s how the morning started but not as cold as we thought it would be. It seemed like the venue was colder in side than outside, especially when you entered the place from where our busses were parked. It felt like you tryin to walk thru a fuckin wind tunnel with midgets throwin buck of snow on you. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating but it was cold.

We didn’t do much leading up to our performance; we were all kind of confident that we would do well here. Anywhere in Ohio we’ve always done well and we were feeling our touring legs comin back. That means we’re getting tighter as we go along. So before the show we always hang with Adema drinkin, smoking and talking about music and things this night wasn’t any different. It seemed like forever before the called us to the stage, maybe it was the vapor lock, I don’t know but time was goin by might slow. Finally the called us and we were ready to go handle the business, the light went down, the curtain was pulled and the bangin sound of the Cypress Machine had begun.

Kill a man began to pump, but I noticed something during the set that troubled me. I noticed that one side of the crowd was hype but the other was about as alive as 2 turtles fucking. I kept trying to motivate the right side of the stage, which would be your stage left, but man it was like rigormortis had set in or something. The other side was kickin their ass and I was tryin to help them represent but the just would not fall in line with the party vibe. There was no saving them no matter what I had done they would not come to life. I felt like the surgeon who lost a patient on the operating table. I was getting ready to serve up my best George Clooney scream NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Only to hear the sound of the flat line confirming the enviable. Fortunately there was a whole other side to entertain as we as the people up top who all seemed to be very much alive and part of the show. I think we did well even though we lost one side but you got to look at it like this, sometimes divided crowd our like kidneys, when one goes bad you still got the other side.

As for the after show events, it was pretty much the same party atmosphere as usual but the only thing that added to the night was goin to a show that SX10 had down the street for the gig we had just done. They’ve had a few gigs on this trip I had only went to one previously where I shot some pictures but I want to shoot more so I had planned to got to this show but these bastards had left me behind. I had been waiting on the bus for everyone but they had left earlier in the mini van and here I was a like an asshole waitn the whole time. Luckily Scandalous had come to the bus and gave me the info. So by the time I got to their show it was too late, they had already gone on. Instead of takin pictures of SX10 I ended up havin to deal with a bunch of drunkin fuckers spittin in my ear all night till I MADE MY ESCAPE FROM THE CLUTCHES OF THE DRUNKIES. " B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 03:04:09 PM »
Day #7 Feb 7th 2002 First Union Arena Wilkes Burre PA

As they say, being in bum fuck no where doesn’t leave a whole lot of choices of things to do some where so far from the big city lights. We found a mall and hit but it just was not poppin like we would have liked it to be. We rented a car to go explore, as we normally do but once again nothing. So we were in despair but just for a lil while as we received the message that the Likin boys were havin a lil thing where they were stayin.

The party was cool but it was nothing compared to the dressing room parties jumpin off backstage. Although there was some nice looking chicks to look at. But once again the drunken motherfucker factor began to kick in. The one half pretty boy half toothless bastard kept houndin me about can he be in the party and as they were kickin him out he leads the security to me sayin, “B said I was cool ask him” So now their askin me if he’s cool so I try to help him out. So they let him stay but as any drunken motherfuckers do when they get loaded they begin to get out of hand so they eventually gave him the boot.

He once again came to me to seek refuge thru me but I wasn’t as obliging this time. I said to him “ you’re cool with me but it ain’t my party so you gots ta go. The night turned out better than we expected but the true hot shit came the next night when it was time to do the show.

Before the gig we went back to the mall where Adema was doin what we call an in store signing. We pulled up to the mall, and as I got out of the van, I seen a line of people waiting to get their autographs and picture. I tried to skip thru unnoticed so I didn’t fuck their thing up but that’s a hard one to do. I kept my distance from the line but felt good for the guys. It like watch your lil brothers getting their time to shine and they’re good guys the deserve it. Before I left the mall I had one thing to get that we’ve been needing for the party’s, a fuckin air purifier. Some of the guys drink then start smoking cigarettes, a nasty lil habit I wish they’d break but I’m not a dictator so I let them feel comfortable instead of putting the preverbal handcuffs on them CUZ THAT SHIT LEADS TO DISCONTENT and lord know we don’t need that.

Later that night it was time to blast off and everyone was in a good mood, which is the reoccurring thing on this tour fun, and good times. So with that good time mentality it was time to hit the stage. The reception was great, and as the set went by it just got more intense. I love shows like that where they just keep building up steam cuz by the end when “Rock Superstar” come in it fuckin pandemonium. It was great and the people in Wilkes Burre can hold their head up by sayin there might no be much to do here but when a concert comes thru they fuckin get into it and make it an event.

I finally got a chance to see some of the Linkin set, and it was fuckin dope. I had only heard about the show, some people before the tour said they were ok, others said they were dope but I like to form my own opinions. So as someone who now can give their opinion, they have a really dope live show and I was impressed with what I heard and seen.

Do I even have to mention the after party? You already know he had the party goin. All in all it was great and we had a good time, come catch this show if you can. PEACE " B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 03:04:43 PM »
Day #8 Feb 8th 2002 Nassau Coliseum Uniondale NY

Now this how was off the fuckin hook, from the jump the vibe in the place was thick and you can feel that everyone was in a good mood yet again. We had a nice big dressing room unlike the last one. The one’s in PA were fuckin miniature dressing rooms for what we were use to at the previous shows. The one thing I forgot to mention about the last gig was in those small ass dressing rooms was this one chick came in some how and her and her friend knew us from years back or so they said so they began yackin at me for a while. It seemed like forever before the chicks the big mouth would close. Needless I left the party for a lil while and by the time I came back one of those chicks had gotten so drunk that she threw up on herself and she jumped in our shower with all her clothes on then passed out. Ladies, quick lesson don’t get to drunk at the party and jump in a shower fully clothed because you will get clowned and clowned and clowned.

Back to the story at hand, like I said the vibe in Uniondale was all-good, even producing hip hop legend Premier from the group Gangstarr came thru to show love. He was amazed by the brand of weed we were smoking and need to bare witness and take a taste of the world’s strongest weed THE KUSH! He was also taken back by the show as we were. The show got of to a great start, the crowd surfing hit first, then the jumpin up and down, then when we hit “Cock the Hammer” and the pits opened up like a hungry mouth waiting to swallow what ever came in its path. I could see 4 pits goin on at once. Out of all the show we’ve played so far on this tour, this was truly the winner. I was tempted to go for a jump but I wasn’t ready mentally for the repercussions that would follow and I don’t mean trouble from anyone I mean the trouble in the aspect of getting my ass tore up tryin to jump fro m the stage in to that crowd.

The show was the best in my book but we still have more to do and I for one am looking forward to it. The after party went on till the place closed down. Premier was again amazed at how the show went and especially the after party. I think he didn’t think we were still doin it like that, but for Cypress Hill we never stop doin it like that. The chicks in this place were too hot for TV or at least your TV. Hehe. Anyway, I gots to go cause Bobo got to write his shit so peace for now, till the next one. " B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 03:05:18 PM »
Day #9 Feb 9th 2002 Penn State Arena PA

There aren’t too many exciting details I can give you about this show. It was kind of a slow crowd. I mean, they had their moments here and there but to be honest, this was one of the non- eventful crowds so far. Now that doesn’t mean they were whack, it just means they weren’t as motivated as others. It’s like that in some places and sometimes that can fuck with you as a performer but you have to get over that and still deliver a good show but when you’re givin your all and nothings poppin, it’s a bit deflating. I thought maybe it just wasn’t our night to kill the stage, we had a good performance on our end but it was hard working the crowd up. Like I said they had moments where the were really alive, like when we played “Cock the hammer” that seemed to get a lift, then when with big green 4 footer came out to visit, and the show killer “Rock Superstar.”

The reaction to Superstar told the story, it wasn’t that the crowd was whack; it was the best they could do as Sen Dog so eloquently phrased it. I must say though for my part during “Hits from the bong” I always give Bobo a monster hit, and for the most part he gives me monster hits as well but last night he gave me the shittiest bong hit on stage ever. Someone is in need of some bong lighting lessons because that’s not the first time it’s happened but hey no use crying over wasted smoke unless it’s the Kush weed. Fortunately for him it wasn’t, for the simple fact that Kush weed is not to be wasted. As we finished off the set we quickly convened to the dressing room where the party was soon to begin. It was a smaller dressing room than usual but it would to the trick for a gathering of smoke filled lungs, and members of the kettle one Klan.

Before anyone got to our dressing room to party with us I had an idea for a nice lil joke that I had played once before on one of our guitar players (Jeremy) on the shitspring (offspring) tour. So the plan was to empty one of our bottles of water and fill it with vodka and when one of our unsuspecting victims takes the water they would be in for a nice lil surprise. The only thing is that Sen Dog kept telling people (The other bands) not to drink the water and then these non-secret keeping motherfuckers kept mention things like did someone get it? Just givin it away but luckily no one else caught on.

It seemed like a fuckin eternity before some chick picked it up, and the things is when someone picked up the bottle the signal for all the guys to get ready was 2 claps of the hands and someone would yell out, chop chop! Julio the Hit man pick up on it and Bobo did as well so I tried to point her out but he didn’t see who it was, but I did. As she took the swig of what she thought was water I waited for her to spit it out and make a seen but to my surprise she just made that face you get when you take a shot of something hard. She just kind of put the bottle down and tried stepping away from it. I asked her “hey, don’t you want your water? She replied, “That’s not fuckin water it’s fuckin vodka, you guys are crazy.” If I learned anything about playing a joke on tour is don’t tell Sen for one, for two, fuck it! don’t warn anyone and let the joke be a secret to me alone. So these fuckers better watch it, especially Sen cuz I’m get him for blowin my joke to the other bands. It’s all in fun so no one should take it personal. "

B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2002, 03:05:58 PM »
Day #10 Feb 11th 2002 Tsonga Arena Lowell, Mass

We hit Boston on our day off before the show, it was cold, and it was Sunday with nothing to do. About all we did was chill and watched the All-star game, and got high with the lil bit of Kush we had left. It’s getting ugly. Before it started we had a lil pre game make over for our drum tech. It seems that like Jeremy (our guitar player) and Bobo (when he was first inducted into the hill) he was in need of a Cypress Hill make over. He’s a very cool dude and always on top of his shit but the hair style he was rockin was felonious. He had long hair kind of dredded out but it was pretty raggedy. Our soundman Mike G suggested to him that he might try thinking about cutting his hair and from there it all snow balled for Nick. (Drum tech) Now it was an emotional time for Nick because he hadn’t cut his hair in 13 years, so 13 years of growin your hair you become a lil attached to it. But the way he grew it, and groomed it, if you listened close his locks we screamin “HELP ME! HELP ME! I guess Mike G heard the cry for help. Mike immediately called Scandalous and Myself because of our extensive experience in turning people around. I mean look what we did for Bobo. Ooops! Did I just say that? We gathered all the troops to give support while we shave his nugget and remove what he called his hair. We had to scissor it down first cuz the shit was in knots and had we tried to shave it with the clippers he would have been in extreme pain when the clippers snagged. After the scissor job it, was setting in that his locks were gone and he was about to make the transition of joinin us in the real world. I was buzzing the clippers by his ears just to fuck with his head, no pun intended. I thought he was gonna shed a tear there for a moment, because to part from your hair after that long of growth and seeing it in the trash can in front of you is painful, I know, I’ve been there.

The shaving began and slowly but surely his whole head of hair was gone, just like that. We smoked a joint to celebrate his rebirth thru a few jokes at him, then moved on the All-star game where Kobe proceeded to drop 31 points on the eastern All-stars to lead the west to victory. The foulest thing about it though, was when the Philly fans booed Kobe at the MVP ceremony. I mean boo him in the game cuz that’s what it’s about if he’s the opposing team but come on! Booin while he received the MVP trophy? That’s whack. They’re just bitter still from last year’s ass whopping. Get over it.

The next day it was time to do the radio promo for the show. We started at Wbcn where we talked about how the tour was goin, and all the usual stuff. After a while we got loose and started clowin people like Alien Ant farm, and offspring. We tore their asses up on the radio it was too funny. I know when we left they had to be thinking these are some crazy son’s of bitches, and we are lets see what they say to Alien Ant Farm when they get there in a few days. We dipped out to the next station; which was a whole different experience all together. It felt like we were doin the Soul Assassin show all over again. The conversation was all about clownin. It wasn’t about serious questions all over the place, it was about them makin it fun to be there. Shit, they even had herb waitin on us and that’s a plus. We chilled for as long as we could till we had to leave to the venue.

Now the show in Lowell was the best crowd yet. They were goin fuckin nuts for every song we played. From beginning to the end they were the most energetic of the tour so far. We played pretty damn tight. It was definitely the tightest show for us. The only part that we took a mean shit on was “we ain’t goin out like that”. Someone got lost in the song then, I got lost and we botched the last verse. I was supposed to come in after the break down. It’s an easy part to remember cuz I play timbales in the break then go into my verse but something didn’t sound right and I wasn’t sure where we had gone in the song so I got lost. So for the next 30 or 40 seconds that would be the verse, we were all yellin out the beginning line of the verse “what the fuck is this?” We were really askin ourselves the question “what the fuck is this?” No one knew the answer but we played it off best we could and still pulled off a great show. The roar of the audience told the story and despite our fuck up they let us know in the end we tore that bitch up. " B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2002, 03:06:48 PM »
Day #11 Feb 13th 2002 Pre-Valentines Day The Spectrum, Philadelphia PA

After a day off in the NY it was time for us to go back to work and show why we’ve been doin this for so long. As we stepped off the bus the cold wind cut through my jacket like a hot knife thru butter. It was deceiving at first cuz it didn’t look that cold but once the draft hit we knew it was gonna be pretty damn cold inside as well, remember, we’re in hockey rinks.

Now just a few days before we were in Boston watchin the All-star game which; was being played in Philly. Now for those of you who are not basketball fans, last year the Los Angeles Lakers & the Philadelphia 76ers played in the Championship games. The Lakers won those games for those locked in closets and never heard about this. Shaq and Kobe Bryant led the Lakers to victory. Kobe Bryant’s father was a Player on the 76ers when he played the game back when Kobe was a kid so Kobe grew up there and went to high school there and still has family there but because he had a hand in beating the 76ers last year the whole city of Philly hates him. He’s been booed in the arena any time he plays there and rightfully so, he plays for the opposing team, but when they booed him at the All-star game it was a step too far. The All-star game is when all the baddest basketball players play the game together east against west. Now fans from all over different states even different country’s come to watch this game to appreciate all the players but that’s not how it went down.

The people in the arena were quick to give everyone else props for every other play but when it came to Kobe they just booed no matter how spectacular the play was. He clearly out played everyone on offense and defense but no props would come to him. Everyone was hoping Allen Iverson was gonna get MVP again but he couldn’t get his game together for some reason. Needless to say Kobe won the MVP award and what did they do? They booed him again. You could see it had shaken him in a way that hits the soul. His family was in attendance along with his high school homies, and probably his wife too. I thought it was fucked up, very fucked up. Now I love Philly and all our fans there but I had to get some payback for Kobe. There was no one else in the vicinity to do it, so we took the task upon ourselves. We hit the stage hard and energetic and with new spring in our steps because of the much needed day off. The sound on the stage seemed even more bangin than the previous nights we’ve performed. The crowd was movin and everyone was havin a great time. Philly is practically Cypress Hill’s 3rd home. The first 3 albums were mixed at legendary Studio 4 own by our former label RuffHouse records so we have much love there so shit was goin off. We took them to higher levels each song, you could even see the younger Linkin Park fans really vibing too because of the Cypress fans in the building that were letting it all flow. At this point I gotta say there were many many many hot chicks in the crowd, you lucky bastards. Anyway, we took them higher and higher as I said, and when we got to Rock Superstar they went fuckin nuts. So here’s where my payback would unfold.

As we hit the end of the song, there is a piece that the guys have added so that the ending seems bigger and heavier.

It’s like when an orchestra is building at the end of the musical and it becomes an epic ending. Well, during our epic ending while everyone was cheering like we had just won the super-bowl, I stripped my self of the black and white joker jersey I was wearing to unveil the gold and purple number 8 Kobe Bryant jersey. Needless to say I pulled the biggest surprise attack on the Philly fans and the cheers turn to jeers. I had a big smile on my face like to say gotcha! It was a jeer like when Stone Cold Steve Austin turned villain last year. People couldn’t believe I had a Laker jersey on in the heart of Philly. The jeers only lasted a minute cuz they knew it was in fun. No one else did that for the Kobe but we’re Laker fans to the fullest. But we do love Philly and the people there have been good to us. The show was one of our best as well as the joke; peace to all of y’all in Philly and yes Allen Iverson is a bad motherfucker. " B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2002, 03:08:12 PM »
SOLDIER STORY PROJECT REVOLUTION
Day #12 Feb 14th 2002 Valentines day The 930 club Washington D.C

First off, I made a mistake on the date on the last story. The 930 club was the actual date of Valentines and Philly was the day before, so my apologies for the confusion. This story is gonna be short and to the point. The 930-club date was our own show away from the tour. We wanted to throw a couple of our own things when we could. The shows at the 930 are always off the hook for us. Through out the years that we’ve been comin to play there, we know the people are definitely in the house to have a good time so we knew it was gonna be a fun show.

Since this was our own thing we obviously were gonna have more time to play on stage. Our set on the Project Revolution tour is about 45 minutes, where doin our own show, we normally play about an hour and a half. We can play a 3 hour set if we had to but fuck that! No one wants to do a 3-hour show, but you do always wanna play as many songs as you can. We used the set list of the tour as foundation and then added more songs we haven’t played for a while. So the list for Project Revolution starts with "kill a man into insane” followed by “hand on the pump”. After that first set of hip hop joints, in comes “cock the hammer”, “lick a shot” “bitter” (song off new album) and “we ain’t goin out” all in the rock style, with the live guitars, stand up bass, live drums, and dj. Then we go back into the hip-hop set with “I wanna get high”, “stoned is the way of the walk” and “hitz from the bong” ending with a visit by Excalibur the a percussion thing Bobo and I have been doin forever. After the percussion duet we go into “trouble” (song off new album) and to end it, we go out with “Rock Superstar”. It’s a very short set for us but effective.

Obviously we had to add more song for a hour and 30 long set, so the songs we decided to add were shit that was gonna keep that set movin. Also we had to add the right song in each area being that our set breaks in 4 pieces 2 hip-hop sets and 2 rock sets. So for the first hip-hop set we added “Realestate” and one we really haven’t played in a long time “illusions” we hadn’t played it in so long I forgot a lot of the words lucky the crowd jumped in to help out. Now for the first rock set we only added one song which; was “A to the K”. Personally I wanted “War Pigs” but we really didn’t rehearse it for this tour. We added more to the 2nd hip-hop set than anything. We added, “when the shit goes down” and “pigs”, “Greenthumb” and “Lowrider”. I didn’t really want to do “Lowrider” but you know sometimes you gotta do it, looking back, we shouldn’t have. Dig to myself.

For the 2nd rock set we added 2 more songs off the new album, “Catastrophe” and “Amplified”. Sony thought “Amplified” should be the next single but after see the reaction for the other joint “Catastrophe” it was time for us to make a call to Sony and let them know our finding. Lets see if they listen, probably not. It was a really dope fuckin show even Burton C Bell from Fear Factory showed up to show support for his band-mate (Christian O) while he’s playin with us. It was good to see Burt in the house, away from LA no less. Like I said in the beginning of this story, DC is always good to the Hill and they proved themselves yet again. We’ll see y’all again in the summer. Peace 2 DC" B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2002, 03:09:00 PM »
Day #13 Feb 16th 2002 Mid South Coliseum, Memphis, TN

I could not believe my eyes when I stepped in the building in Memphis. You see I was on the bus most of the day and when we arrived to the gig I just sort of chilled and did go into the venue right away. Everyone kept telling me “man! Wait till you go in there”. I thought what’s all the hype about. So curious about all the shit everyone was poppin to me I decided to go check things out for myself. When I walked in the building Adema was already onstage and the crowd was goin nuts for them. Then, as I’m walkin to the dressing room all these hot chicks we just all over the damn place. Now I’ve been here before but it wasn’t like this last time. I mean the place was crawlin with hot chicks everywhere. Rubberneckin was goin on to say the least. Even from our dressing room you could hear the roar of the crowd for Adema’s performance. Last time we were here we rocked it and there was hot chicks then too but again, not like now.

At show time we were confident that we were gonna deliver a good show and the whole vibe was just right. So at this point we’re wait on the music to start and when we heard it start it seemed like shit wasn’t playin out to the front of the house (the crowd). I told myself either they can’t hear the music playin or we suck tonight cuz there was no movement in the beginning at all. People were just standing there looking up at us in a strange manner. It was like they seen us movin around alike something was goin on but they couldn’t hear anything due to the fact that our sound board wasn’t patched in to the power amps, so in short we had no sound pumpin. In the middle of “kill a man” I heard the music come bumpin in and the crowd began to react. Movement is what I like and that’s what I got. It was a hot show and they were gonna be open for Likin after we finished burnin the roof off the mother fucker. The whole scene backstage was a fuckin mad house and it was a lil too much for me so went into to my bus and chilled. The one fun part about the night was when I was walkin out to our bus to put some dry close on; Sweeny (linkin park security) was havin a small altercation outside. It seemed this one guy had supposedly put his hand on Sweeny in a threatening way so he got tossed out of the concert. As the guy is telling him “no body you can’t come back in you’re gone”. He replied, “Can I at least get my girl back?” I almost busted out into tears cuz what I think happened is this guy probably had a nice looking girl friend someone was tryin to talk to her and he probably tap someone in the shoulders to say “hey come on! That’s my girl” and sometimes that all it takes for a hot chicks boyfriend to get tossed out. Now guys, if this happens to you and your girlfriend isn’t following you out or doesn’t come out once she finds out you got thrown out, toss her ass to the curb cuz she ain’t worth it because most likely she is not even thinking about you while she’s back there with all these rock stars. I know it’s a short story but that’s all I got sorry.

All in all the 20 hour drive was worth it and I would more than love to come back again. We had planned to go to Grace-land but we arrived too late so maybe next time we’ll get to go see the home of The King. It would have been nice but shit happens. Before I go, to all the guys out there on the hunt for a hot chick, I know Memphis sounds odd to some but if you had been there with us you’d know that I’m not bullshittin when I say that Tennessee has some of the most beautiful women in the country and that’s no lie. Take the word from someone who’s has been around the world too many times to mention, do not sleep on Memphis. “Oh how I love this place” I can’t wait to come back already. Peace to all of y’all"

B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2002, 03:09:30 PM »
Day #14 Feb 17th2002 Ft. Worth Convention Center Ft Worth Texas

We got to Ft Worth mid morning, I wasn’t feelin so great, I felt a cold comin on but it turned out that I was just a lil tired from the night before in Memphis. The show was rockin but the combination of a really lengthy drive and the show sort of drained me. I was hoping I hadn't got sick cuz being sick on tour is no fuckin fun at all. Before the show Christian, Bobo and I had been smoking out most of the day and testing our skills at “Tony Hawk 3” and Dynasty Warriors 3”. Both are fun game but Dynasty Warriors is a hard fuckin game. It takes at least an hour to get thru one goddamn stage. The graphics are great though, better than the first to version of that game. It’s a bloody game but fun, you just have to have a lot time on your hands. I have to admit I was stuck the whole time, I had been playin for a good long time till Sen’s assistant and very long time friend of ours (Vick) came to the bus to get me. "15 minutes to the show" is what he said and I couldn’t believe that I had actually been playin for a couple of hours. Normally I don’t play game that long but this game is addicting. So now that he had come to get me, it was time to go show Texas what we’re made of.

Before we hit the stage I had to make a stop at the dressing room, I hadn’t been there all night so wanted to see where we were posted up. It reminded me of an old style New York basement club, but it was only a hockey rink dressing room but it will do. I did chill there for long because we only had 5 minutes before it was time to go on. Sen and Bobo were doin an interview in the corner of the room. Luckily I was able to fly under the radar undetected to avoid the interview. I quickly made my way to the stage and Scandalous was tryin to get them to rap up the interview cuz our music was about to start.

I had a pretty good show but I made a few mistakes, but our ability to cover our mistakes sometimes, even fools us to believe we were flawless. You can never be flawless on stage but you can come close. I fooled myself cuz I made a few mistakes for instance; during “lick a shot” I repeated the 2nd verse where the 3rd verse should have been, I missed a few key lines in 2 songs, and I wasn't really feelin the flow on the percussion duet with Bobo. Now even with all these mistakes it is possible to deliver a great show, you just have to keep your energy up all the time and don’t let the crowd have a chance to notice you have made a mistake cuz chances are they won’t notice if you don’t say anything about. But we’re some real motherfuckers, we let you know when we fuck up. Sen had a good show I could see he was on the money if he wasn’t he hid it well. The crowd was dope for 90% of the show only a few slow moments but regardless of that they were one of the best crowds. Not the best but one of the best. I’ve been getting tempted to dive in the crowd like the old days but fuck it I’ll leave it to Sen’s crazy ass. One of the dope moments in the show to me is when Christian walks on with that Stand up bass, people bug out cuz they really have never seen a heavy band or a hip-hop band come out with some shit like that, and we’re doin both. He’s added a tremendous amount of fire and energy to our show and I for one am glad he’s touring with us.

Now after the show I head for the bus to grab my trusty camera to snap some shots of the backstage shit after the tour. I’ve been takin shots for a while now so I bring that camera everywhere with me. Maybe one day I’ll put out a photography book with all the shit I’ve shot in the last 4 or 5 years that I’ve done it as a hobby. I only have 2 hobbies, shootin flicks and lowriding. Obviously my lowrider isn’t here so it’s camera time. Maybe in the summer I’ll bring my lowrider out for the next tour so some of y’all can see how the Real One does it. Anyway, I snapped a few flicks of most of the shit goin on backstage but I always seem to run out of film when Likin Park goes on. I’ve wanted to shoot them since the tour started but I’ve had no time and bad timing. I mean, I got shots of them backstage and I got a few on stage but not from in front of the stage. You see, we do their last song with them along with Adema as well, so I took my camera and got on stage shots but I’m gonna try to get some front stage shots before this bitch is over, wish me luck. Last night I missed great opportunities to shoot them. They have in ear monitors which means that they could go anywhere in the building while the band is playin onstage. In ears our speakers the go into your ears like hearing aids, as a matter of fact that’s all they are is a beefed up hearing aid. See with those on like I said you can walk anywhere in the building and be on time with the music. Shit if your transmitter is strong enuff you could probably even go outside with those shits on. I use them but not as much these days.

So Mike and Chester (linkin park’s singers) made their way damn near around the whole building during their set. It reminded me of the lollapalooza days when Sen and myself would run up to the grass area from off the stage and finish the shows in the mosh pits. They had a great show and I fuckin missed all the good fuckin shit they were doin cuz I didn’t have enuff film on me. Ain’t that a bitch? Oh well, next time I’ll have my shit together. I did however get more shots back stage after their show had ended. It was a very cool scene. Everyone is so cool on this tour, I’m gonna hate to see it end.

B-REAL

themovie

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2002, 03:10:03 PM »
Day #15 Feb 18th 2002 Fairgrounds arena Oklahoma City

Lil by lil we’re movin closer to home and the end of this tour, I’ll be sad to it go but I’ll live thru it. Let’s not focus on the sadness, let’s focus on the hot fuckin show that went down here. The pre-show rituals were all the same with the exception of the smoke session reason being at this point we’re rationing shit out cuz the supply is low. By the time we finish the next show after this we will be dry but fortunately we won’t be dry for long, you know how we do it. It really didn’t affect me so bad. To tell the truth I didn’t even notice that we hadn’t smoked all day. What I did notice was that my glass bong that we use for the vaporizer had been cracked beyond any further usage. Needless to say I was upset and so were most of the other guys who loved takin hits from the vaporizer. I’ll have do like Easy E; “throw her in the gutter and go by another”.

As I entered the building I noticed a familiar texture to the air inside the arena. It felt like there was grease and dirt in the air. When you’re doin a show in that environment that shit sticks to the roof of your mouth. That’s how you know the air is not too clean. Turns out they have rodeo’s there as well as monster truck competitions. That would explain the taste of grease in the air. Most people can’t tell but when you’re doin a show you’re takin breathes at a faster rate and because you’re higher up on stage you get whatever lifts off the ground, such as dust and whatever is mixed in with that dust.

The show itself was the fuckin bomb. People were very fuckin hype here, it reminded me off the show in Memphis. The vibe was intense not to mention the hot fuckin chicks all over the damn place. I was still feelin a lil weak but I figured once the show started my adrenaline would pump me up enuff to shake the fatigue off. Sure enuff once the music started I didn’t even think about how tired I was I just kept goin. This was our first time in Oklahoma City so we wanted to give it all and leave an impression. Lil did we know that they were gonna leave an impression on us with the type of intensity that most crowds wish they had. They simply knew how to let it all hang out and those are the type of shows I like, not the ones were people act too cool to move around and have fun.

We changed the order of songs just a lil bit, instead of playin “Bitter” we replaced with the song “Catastrophe”. It was a nice change but I love doin Bitter cuz it slows the rock set down before we hit them with “we ain’t goin out”. We like to build the show so that it’s not always on one level. There has to be moments were it’s hype and moments where it’s slow so that it’s a like a roller coaster ride. You have your highs and low’s; pick ups and declines so that it breaks the show up. People get tired with too many hype songs, so you let them catch their breath with a mellow song. We like to fuck with the vibe like that. When I had gone off the stage I felt so fuckin greasy and dirty from the show, it was nasty but ya know, sometimes you gotta deal with shit. I usually have dry clothes waiting so I don’t have to soak in that shit. I made a quick change and got my camera ready for the Linkin Park encore. I got some good color shots this time; at least I hope I did, we’ll see. The party was tight as usual. Although there was a couple of pushy motherfuckers chillin backstage I had a good time. They do need to master their growing technique cuz they had some backyard boogie I wouldn’t give to my dog but it’s the thought that counts so thanx for the effort. There’s no doubt in my mind that we will be back here some time in the future, so I hope y’all get ya growin rooms together by then.

Before I end this piece I want to send my condolences to the Bass player off Adema who just lost his mother. Our prayers our with you brother…. "

B-REAL