Author Topic: Sit Back and Relax....Soldier stories 2002  (Read 244 times)

themovie

Re: Sit Back and Relax....Soldier stories 2002
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2002, 03:10:50 PM »
SOLDIER STORY PROJECT REVOLUTION
Day #16 Feb 19th 2002 The Sunshine Club Albuquerque NM

It felt like it was the longest day here. We were in the middle of downtown but there was absolutely nothing to do so the day seemed to go by slow. There was no mall any where close for us to go and occupy are time at so we just stood on the bus and chilled till show time. Damn! That’s sad we’ve been on this bus all fuckin day and we have a long drive tonight. Oh well, gotta deal with it.

We haven’t been here in a few years probably more than a few to tell the truth. People have been waitin on for us to come back for the longest time, the building had lines around the block, I mean it’s not a huge club cuz we just wanted to do something small while we’re on this tour with Linkin when we have a chance to do our own thing but people came out. It was packed and the fans were amped up. We played the hour and a half extension set. I didn’t feel any fatigue this time either. I was good to go this time around. We were supposed to play “Latin Lingo” tonight but Sen cheesed up and decided to skip it. Sure, go ahead make it harder for me. What else is new?

This crowd was rugged, motivated, and there was no sign of them slowing down. Crowds have a tendency to slow down when the show is long but these people were unrelenting in their quest to party to the Phunky Cypress Hill shit. Weed smoke thickened the air unlike the previous night where cow shit, dust, and grease were the odor of the night. Not here, the sweet smell of blue berry was in lingering so freely and those of us on stage who could feel its presence or smell its presence were hopping for a session. Needless to say we did end up having that session and we appreciate those brothas smoking us out like that. Those guys to us are commonly known as life savors because they hook us up when there’s no more water left in the well (no more weed). So props to them for looking out.

These motherfuckers were such a great crowd most people were singing the songs word for word with us, shit they could have done the show while I watched. We all had a good time. Some of our boys from LA came out to hang with us being that we’re getting close to home and they actually partially saved us as well the had brought some herb from home. Plus a few of the homies from Adema got to come see our full length set for the first time. They were trippin how many slammin joint we have to play because on the tour we only get 45 minutes and that just does not give you enuff time to play all of our bangin joints. We play what we can but when it’s our show were tryin to hit you with everything. It’s like goin into battle, in a war or in a game, its’ the same on stage, you don’t hold back, you hit them with everything possible and that’s what we did last night. The soldiers who came to the battle were representing themselves to the fullest and I was glad to be there to see it on my side. We will be back, how can we not come back when this place is truly Cypress Hill territory." B-REAL

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

themovie

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2002, 03:11:49 PM »
SOLDIER STORY PROJECT REVOLUTION
Day #17 Feb 20th America West Arena Phoenix, AZ

Any time you’re on tour when it’s cold you always count the days where u can come to the warmth of the west. It was such a good feelin to be able to get off the bus, and not have to be layered with a bunch of sweatshirts and jackets and shit like that. It was nice and warm just how we’re use to, we’ve been in some really cold climates so we’re kind of use to it but the faster you can get out of a cold climate the better.

So as I’m walkin thru the America West Arena, it dawned on me that this was the very place the Lakers have kicked the Suns in the ass on many occasions. Ok, maybe we took a few loses there, and at home too but we know who the lord of the rings our don’t we? We came to the building to kick some ass too, and so we did. Phoenix AZ always comes to party and I figured it would be just like any other time, and I was right. Once the music came on over the speakers and kids started moshing and jumping I could tell immediately that this was gonna be another memorable show.

Look, in all honesty I can tell you that its hard to keep a crowd into a show no matter who’s doin the show but these motherfuckers where live the whole time. Every audience has there moments where they’re the livest but it isn’t like that everywhere. This is truly a place where it jumped from beginning to end. It was so fuckin dope, surprisingly I didn’t hear from any of my family out there. I did see a lot of honies there despite the lack of family presence. I’ve got to admit looking at hot women over entertaining family is an easier task, much easier. I had a very good time even though our time was limited and we had to leave after the show. The only fucked up thing that happened was during the backstage party some one spilled a drink on my fuckin pager. Now I had just got that pager not even 1 week before this horrid event. I had replaced my last pager that I had dropped on the ground one too many times.

I had dropped it so much that the characters on the screen started to disappear to the extent that I could barely read the screen any more, so I had to change it. Being that I didn’t have my hard drive with me I couldn’t just download the old info, then upload it. I had to do all that shit manually one by fuckin one and that is the biggest pain in the ass. It took me like 2 hours to get all my contacts in the new pager, and all the other shit like memos, and calendar shit. So I had this thing for a week and what does this bastard do? He reaches for a drink, and knocks someone else’s drink over and the shit spills on my pager and phone. Lucky for him my phone didn’t get fucked up cuz it was bad enuff that my pager was soaked but now he had got my phone involved in the cluster fuck situation. I quickly dried off my phone and tested it and to my relief the shit was working fine but my pager was a whole other story.

After 100 apologies, and offers to pay for the phone I finally got him to shut the fuck up and forget about it. I hate nothing more than someone goin on and on about a fuckin lil mistake that cost me. I’ve gotten over it they should get over it too and quit dwelling on shit cuz that isn’t gonna make things any better. The one sad thing about this show is that reality is setting in that this tour is almost over. This is one of the most fun tours we’ve been on and it’s coming to an end. I guess it’s always like that when all is good. It’s like that old saying, “time flies when you’re havin fun” and our fun with this tour is close to the end. When you’re on a tour that everyone is having a great time together. It’s like, lets say you and all your friends our graduating together and all this shit you experienced is between you and it feels good that you all stuck it out together. There’s a bond there and it will be talked about all the time and this was the same thing with regards to this tour." B-REAL

Jome

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2002, 06:36:58 PM »
I was wondering why a thread with that name got 17 replies.
Now_I_Know_Why  :-/

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2002, 07:16:08 PM »
dam i read the first 1 and thoiught that wuz the only 1 so i stopped readin em 2 long 4 me lol