Author Topic: WC featuring Nelly Whip Ur Ass  (Read 1738 times)

Westcoastfanatic

Re: WC featuring Nelly Whip Ur Ass
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2005, 12:47:28 PM »
he just starting collabing with people outside of Hip Hop (showing growth). So yea...
You call working with NSync growth???
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2005, 12:48:39 PM »

How am I a hater when I clearly stated that I think he is a good person? In his interviews, he seems very intelligent and respectful. I just don't enjoy his music in the least. His music is quite annoying. He is a sellout because he uses his songs to promote products and he gets paid for it.

A hater is someone who wants to see someone's downfall. I don't care if Nelly is around for the next 50 years. He can do his thing, I just don't like it. Not everyone is a hater cause they don't agree with you.
He's a sell out for promoting his OWN products? LOL. He's a smart business man.

You don't need to agree with me to not be a hater, you just need a competent reason for calling some a sell out. Mad because someone uses their music to make paper is well... Hating.

Ummm..."I need two pur"...

Need I say more?

I don't care if he surpasses Bill Gates with the money he makes. You act like I hate him cause he is rich and famous. I don't. I just don't like his music. THAT IS IT. It's just a preference. Don't get it twisted.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 12:50:48 PM by PayPuh »

SGV

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2005, 12:52:15 PM »
Yup. Music never grows unless it starts to Mix with other genres.

If Run DMC never made "Walk This Way," would there be groups like Rage Against The Machine, Linkin Park etc.? Maybe not.

Where's the out-rage for Nelly working with Jagged Edge? The only difference from their music to N*Syncs is that they're a little more thugged out. Their outlook on music is damn near exactly the same.

And speakin' about "Two Pur." I guess you're callin' Run DMC sell outs right? "MY ADIDAS!"

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2005, 12:53:22 PM »
Run-DMC didn't get check cut to them for making the song.

SGV

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2005, 12:56:01 PM »
They may not have got a check, but I bet they got a whole lot of free Adidas shoes, sweat suits and what not. Which is still one in the same.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2005, 12:58:48 PM »
They may not have got a check, but I bet they got a whole lot of free Adidas shoes, sweat suits and what not. Which is still one in the same.

I bet they didn't. Matter of fact, I bet Adidas thought the song was detrimental to their image just like everyone else back then who though rap was just a fad.

SGV

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2005, 01:00:38 PM »
LOL. Well, until you can prove they didn't get any kick backs (Which would be very unbelievable considering the trend it started) they are no different than Nelly.

Plain and simple, you say you don't like his music, but you're beef is that he made a song about shoes and got paid for it. What's your beef? That his music is wack or that he's getting paid to make songs?

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
I don't think you can compare it with Aerosmith cause that's Rock. Since the beginning Rap and Rock/Punk were always both considered rebel music which were real close to each other. Nsync on the other hand is one of the most soft mainstream boy groups you can think of. And if making songs with them ain't selling out I like to know what is.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2005, 01:20:34 PM »
LOL. Well, until you can prove they didn't get any kick backs (Which would be very unbelievable considering the trend it started) they are no different than Nelly.

Plain and simple, you say you don't like his music, but you're beef is that he made a song about shoes and got paid for it. What's your beef? That his music is wack or that he's getting paid to make songs?

Okay, here's the deal. I said he's a sellout cause he got paid to promote shoes. There is nowhere here or anywhere where I said I don't like him cause he is a sellout. I could care less if he's promoting Gold Bond in his songs. He makes music that fits his image, be it with NSync, Tim McGraw, or whoever else he so chooses. I have absolutely no beef with that. I don't listen to his music because I just don't like it. You don't seem to get it. Different strokes for different folks.  He puts out CDs I don't have any interest in. Don't get all uptight about it.

And as for your first comment, it's my word against yours. I can't prove anything and neither can you. We both can choose to believe what we want. It's just an opinion. As soon as you can get that through your head, this thread might be able to continue.

SGV

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2005, 01:56:09 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0002GN8OW/104-6874235-8018349?SubscriptionId=02RPFG92XDY7AWDKJVR2

Whats the symbol at the bottom of that poster? OH!! Its the Adidas symbol. Which would mean, Adidas was sponsoring the tour.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2005, 02:15:37 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0002GN8OW/104-6874235-8018349?SubscriptionId=02RPFG92XDY7AWDKJVR2

Whats the symbol at the bottom of that poster? OH!! Its the Adidas symbol. Which would mean, Adidas was sponsoring the tour.

Way to go. You proved your point. I have never listened to more than 5 Run-DMC songs in my life anyways.

You act like this is a conquest or something, like I'm actually gonna listen to Nelly now. I don't care. Run-DMC are sellouts too then. And whether or not you like it, it's still my opinion and you aren't gonna change that. So you go have fun listening to Nelly while I listen to the stuff I like. The world continues to turn, unless of course, you have a problem with that too.

SGV

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2005, 02:17:39 PM »
I dont even like Nelly's music really. LOL. I just like pointing out haters. I feel you're a hater for being upset at another man making paper, plain and simple. Keep it movin'...

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2005, 02:27:17 PM »
I dont even like Nelly's music really. LOL. I just like pointing out haters. I feel you're a hater for being upset at another man making paper, plain and simple. Keep it movin'...

I think you just like stroking your ego. I already told you I don't care if he sells 100 million copies with his next release. I just don't like his music. How many different ways can I say it? Maybe if I said something along the lines of "I can't believe WC made a song with Nelly. He needs to go away," I might be able to comprehend why you are getting so upset about this. It's almost like you are hating on me for disliking Nelly's music.

People have different opinions than you. That's how the world works. Let it go.

SGV

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2005, 02:37:14 PM »
If you got no problem with the money he makes, then why bring it up? That is what leads me to believe you're a hater. If it was un-important to you, it wouldn't have came up. But, it did. You came off as a hater. All I did was point that out. Now you're back peddling.

Fine, you don't like his MUSIC. Don't bring up his being a "sell out" if, 1, you can't prove it. 2, it doesn't matter to you.

Woodrow

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2005, 02:53:26 PM »
Nice song!