Author Topic: WC featuring Nelly Whip Ur Ass  (Read 1740 times)

Matty

Re: WC featuring Nelly Whip Ur Ass
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2005, 04:34:48 AM »
beat sounds like ten crack commandments with a westcoast twist.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2005, 05:03:47 AM »
Seems like everybody makes music for the clubs these days. What a shame.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2005, 07:49:23 AM »
NO MORE WAR

SGV

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2005, 10:48:09 AM »
The beat is crazy on this track. If this is what we can expect from Dub, then maybe its gonna be a dope album. And, as for the hook, it's very basic. I can't see anything really wrong with it. Don't see anything special about it either though.

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2005, 10:53:10 AM »
The beat is crazy on this track.

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2005, 12:37:38 PM »
Nelly's fan base from the get go has been females and clubs, why stray from that? Why would Nelly try to appeal to Backpackers? Gangstas? It makes NO sense. How is Nelly NOT making music for himself? You're really not making sense. Sorry buddy, your "reasoning" is very haterish.

:stupid:

There is just no getting through to you and I can tell you are just an instigator. How bout you stop trying to think on my level and continue to do your own thing. I'm not gonna explain it again.

SGV

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2005, 12:45:37 PM »

There is just no getting through to you and I can tell you are just an instigator. How bout you stop trying to think on my level and continue to do your own thing. I'm not gonna explain it again.

LOL. Plain and simp, you're logic has too many holes. I shoot it down quickly and you have nothing else to say. Just keep it moving.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2005, 12:49:16 PM »
The hook is the only thing that can be disputed as being wack.  The hook does its purpose, and nothing more.  WC flows his ass off on this song, and the production is nice.  I also liked the whip cracking noises, that was tite.  Also, I'm thinkin this may be on "The Longest Yard" soundtrack because Nelly is in the movie and it seems like it could go in that movie.  That's just speculation on my part.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2005, 01:47:10 PM »

LOL. Plain and simp, you're logic has too many holes. I shoot it down quickly and you have nothing else to say. Just keep it moving.

I had plenty to say. This is like the 10th time I have replied to you. You just are thick headed and don't listen/understand. And in the end, I offered an out for both of us, but you seem determined to try to one-up me. Maybe you should keep it moving instead of dwelling on whether or not you think I'm a hater cause your definition of a hater has too many holes in it.

SGV

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2005, 02:27:59 PM »

I had plenty to say. This is like the 10th time I have replied to you. You just are thick headed and don't listen/understand. And in the end, I offered an out for both of us, but you seem determined to try to one-up me. Maybe you should keep it moving instead of dwelling on whether or not you think I'm a hater cause your definition of a hater has too many holes in it.

You're done? I hope so. Just stop, you've done nothing but show your haterism. Peace with that.

And, the song should be on that Nelly movie. The hook is talking about Jail, so it would make sense.

We Fly High

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
Run-DMC didn't get check cut to them for making the song.
They may not have got a check, but I bet they got a whole lot of free Adidas shoes, sweat suits and what not. Which is still one in the same.

I bet they didn't. Matter of fact, I bet Adidas thought the song was detrimental to their image just like everyone else back then who though rap was just a fad.

nope, Adidas praised the song, If you watch The Show documentary, Run DMC talks about first wearing the adidas at a show and throwing it up one day at a show, and the whole crowd went wild, and one of the adidas representatives was in the crowd, and right after the concert they were given promotional deals from adidas and considered like the official representatives.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2005, 03:38:55 PM »
In what way did Nelly sell out? He came up the respectable way. He sold huge units independently and Universal came and signed him. His first album was mainly old material that he had released Independently. So, exactly, how did he sell out?

A friend of mine told me he saw something about nelly on MTV and he they they showed old material form him and he sounded totally different, with a hard, dope style, not that annoying singin voice. If it's true then he obviously did sell out, he just started before he was signed which probably eventually lead to gettin the deal cause he moved those numbers cause of his new, commercial style.

KavorkianPorkian

• 'G'
  • Too Cute
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2005, 06:51:14 PM »
All I Gotta Say Is....Nelly GET YOUR BARS UP!!  Chingy GET YOUR BARS UP!!  St.Lunatics  GET YOUR BARS UP!!  JA Rule GET YOUR BARS UP!!  50 Cent GET YOUR BARS UP!!  GET YOUR MUTCHAPHUCKIN' Placement UP Niggaz!!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2005, 06:56:58 PM »
You're done? I hope so. Just stop, you've done nothing but show your haterism. Peace with that.

And, the song should be on that Nelly movie. The hook is talking about Jail, so it would make sense.

I just want to know, what makes me a hater? You seem bent on accusing me of being one, but do you know what a hater is?

SGV

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2005, 07:07:18 PM »
You wrote:

Selling out and making the kind of music he makes goes hand in hand. He makes songs for the clubs and for the bitches exclusively. It's all about radio play.

So my reply to that reasoning would be:

Nelly's fan base from the get go has been females and clubs, why stray from that? Why would Nelly try to appeal to Backpackers? Gangstas? It makes NO sense.

You also said:

Those who make music for themselves and still get radio play are not sellouts. If you have to cater to someone else's wants, then you are.

To which I reply:

How is Nelly NOT making music for himself? You're really not making sense. Sorry buddy, your "reasoning" is very haterish.

You're reasoning behind saying Nelly is a sell out is non-sensical and comes off as if you, A. no very little about him and his music or B. just plain out are hatin' on his money.

A hater, to me, is someone like you. You downtalk an artist with VERY little knowledge of said artist. You are generally upset at his popularity and/or money.