Author Topic: WC featuring Nelly Whip Ur Ass  (Read 1742 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WC featuring Nelly Whip Ur Ass
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2005, 07:14:28 PM »
Wow, you are reaching. I clearly said I respected the guy after I read a few interviews. And anyone who can't see Nelly is making music just for the charts doesn't know rap. You are right in one aspect though...he broke in to the mainstream with that...but he is exactly like MC Hammer...who happens to be a sellout.

Now I see why you almost have as much negative karma as you do posts. It's like beating a dead horse here and you just don't want to give up.

SGV

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2005, 07:25:09 PM »
You are right in one aspect though...he broke in to the mainstream with that...but he is exactly like MC Hammer...who happens to be a sellout.
But, if thats the artist he's always been, exactly how did he sell out? Hammer I can see. He was trying make Gospel Rap, while dancing for the Adams Family at the same time. But, Nelly? I don't see your logic, at all.

EVERYONE makes their product to sell. EVERYONE. Coke wouldn't be in business if they didn't try to sell their products. Same is said for music. Nelly needs to eat, so he needs to sell records, PERIOD!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2005, 07:47:06 PM »
LOL @ You completely disregarding my comment about respecting Nelly after reading some interviews again.

Hammer was a sellout from the start. Just cause he had gospel raps on his CDs doesn't mean he wasn't. And you obviously don't know the rap game or it's politics. Radio play = DJ pay offs. EVERYONE knows that. I have taken into account those things, where as you think I'm putting the dude down cause I don't like his music and I think he's a sellout. I'm not over here pulling my hair out cause Nelly is on the radio. You are preaching to the choir. He can make his money anyway he so chooses. I have no problem with that.

There are folks like Nelly who get all this radio play in the clubs and whatnot, and there are folks who want to come up the right way and build a fanbase before they just go after money. Selling out is caring more about the money in the game than the fans. And like I said, I don't care if he wants to get his money. He markets his music so he can do so, and I don't happen to fall in that market. So you keep hating on me for my opinion if it makes you happy, but it's obvious that you keep on posting cause you think you have the answers to everything.

SGV

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2005, 07:53:24 PM »

There are folks like Nelly who get all this radio play in the clubs and whatnot, and there are folks who want to come up the right way and build a fanbase before they just go after money.

*Slaps forehead*

Check Nelly's Background. You think he came into this game paying off DJ's? When he was broke as a muthafucka 6-7 years ago, I highly doubt he could afford to pay anyone off. Dude sold like 10,000 indi units man! THEN and ONLY THEN did he get picked up by Universal.

You see what Im talking about man? You talk out your ass!!!

Acgrundy

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2005, 08:50:06 PM »
this beat is fuckin annoying as hell.  I actually think I like nelly's hook better than this beat.  what a waste of wc.

Jome

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2005, 08:58:18 PM »
the track is screaming saying am produced by rockwilder lol
he never changes style

I refuse to believe that this is Rockwilder, in so case it's the worst beat Rockwilder ever did.  ::)

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2005, 01:50:07 AM »
*Slaps forehead*

Check Nelly's Background. You think he came into this game paying off DJ's? When he was broke as a muthafucka 6-7 years ago, I highly doubt he could afford to pay anyone off. Dude sold like 10,000 indi units man! THEN and ONLY THEN did he get picked up by Universal.

That's exactly what i said in the beginning. I liked him in the beginning for blowing up doing his own thing. But then instead of saying I'm gonna keep continue doing my own thing he tried to reach for the biggest audience possible(selling out)by making collaborations with the biggest boy band Nsync. Did Dre did that when the Chronic blew up?? No. Did Too $hort did that?? No.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

UWA 187

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2005, 03:21:52 AM »
In what way did Nelly sell out? He came up the respectable way. He sold huge units independently and Universal came and signed him. His first album was mainly old material that he had released Independently. So, exactly, how did he sell out?

Can you elaborate more/as much as possible please? I'm always interested in hearing how people came up.

SGV

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2005, 08:24:14 AM »

That's exactly what i said in the beginning. I liked him in the beginning for blowing up doing his own thing. But then instead of saying I'm gonna keep continue doing my own thing he tried to reach for the biggest audience possible(selling out)by making collaborations with the biggest boy band Nsync. Did Dre did that when the Chronic blew up?? No. Did Too $hort did that?? No.
Dre produced "Rich Girl" for Gwen Stefani...  :-X

UWA: Nelly was dropping material as a soloist in 98/99, he happened to push 10,000 units regionally, which then triggered Universal to offer him a deal. Thats the gisk of it.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2005, 08:52:09 AM »
Dre produced "Rich Girl" for Gwen Stefani... 

You got a point there. But I don't think that's exactly the same because Dre already proved for years and years that he was capable of makin new stars and being the dopest hip hop producer in the game. I heard somewhere that Madonna or Michael Jackson even wanted to work with him in the mid 90's but he turned them down. Why Gwen Stefani I don't know but I know she's not as corny as Nsync.

SGV

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »
M.O.P. worked with LFO.

Suga Foot

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2005, 09:48:14 AM »
SGV is the Hater Hater.  He runs through the boards of WCC looking for haters, and then he hates on them 10 times harder!  lololol

For real tho, people gotta realize there is a difference between selling out and buying in.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2005, 09:49:12 AM »
M.O.P. worked with LFO.

Who's LFO? Let me quess. R@B Group?

Suga Foot

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2005, 09:51:21 AM »

LFO^

Westcoastfanatic