Author Topic: Knuckles' countdown: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever  (Read 5091 times)

herpes

Re: Knuckles' countdown: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2005, 03:21:54 PM »
Yo knuckles, first of the month was a huge party track back in the day.  and to people saying shook ones aint a party track, shook ones still gets clubs jumping when its played

Elevz

« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2005, 03:31:32 PM »
One thing I still hate... I've been waiting for ages for "Criminal minded" to pop up in the list. That album is extremely hard to get in the stores these days and I never heard it... Just as I went on a vacation, the day after I left Knuckles hooked the album up. Of course, I missed the hookup  :-\

Hard to get in stores?? Maybe in Holland...I´ll hook you up  with wma´s if you want...?

Mmmm... Nah, since it's said to be one of the greatest hiphop albums ever, I might as well just take the guess and see if I can buy it somewhere for $30 :P

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2005, 03:58:24 PM »
One thing I still hate... I've been waiting for ages for "Criminal minded" to pop up in the list. That album is extremely hard to get in the stores these days and I never heard it... Just as I went on a vacation, the day after I left Knuckles hooked the album up. Of course, I missed the hookup  :-\

Hard to get in stores?? Maybe in Holland...I´ll hook you up  with wma´s if you want...?

Mmmm... Nah, since it's said to be one of the greatest hiphop albums ever, I might as well just take the guess and see if I can buy it somewhere for $30 :P

If you were being ironic, tell me, cause I know there are people who would do that....

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2005, 05:21:20 PM »
^^^^Redman, maybe......Devin the Dude, no.

plus, E.1999 > any Redman or Devin album

LMAO, Redman has at least two albums better than E.1999. Its an ok record, but as Knuckles said, none of them are great rappers, and there production isn't that great either, its an ok record to chill to, but it doesn't have anything on there that would make it anywhere near Top 50 material. I'd even put stuff like The Twinz - Conversation in front of E1999.

I see you been smoking that sess lately.........

Whut Thee Album is Redman's best work and it aint touching E.1999 by any means.

Twinz - Conversation better then E.1999?? Hahahaha......now ive truely heard it all.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 05:23:34 PM by ImmortalOne »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Jome

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2005, 06:02:59 PM »
Damn, what's with all the BTNH hate ???

Of course, they would never be that dope without Krayzie Bone, but then again Geto Boys wouldn't be much without Scarface..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2005, 06:42:40 PM »
It´s not hate. Whatever Knuckles says, it´s his opinion, he backs it up with some points. That is not hating. And I´m far from hating too.

Nobody said BTNH was wack
Nobody said E.1999 sucked ass without saying why

that would be hating. Thinking E.1999 was ok/good, but hardly top 100 material AND stating why is not hating. Or, respectively, if that is hating, then the other section is, simple and plain, dickriding. Neither is true, so stop talking about hating, looks kinda weak IMO. Knuckles or the others didn´t tell you to "let go of their nuts" or something either....peace

herpes

« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »
Yo knuckles can you re-up some of the albums.  When my computer crashed i lost a few of them i had downloaded.  If you cant its no biggie

Elevz

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2005, 10:43:37 PM »

If you were being ironic, tell me, cause I know there are people who would do that....

Not being ironic... There's plenty of albums I bought for $30, just most of them aren't that old, and most of them are easier to get. This one should be worth the effort though.

rafsta

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2005, 10:55:38 PM »
so you listed all these albums most people havent even  and heard of... then you go on and say you havent even heard e.1999 ? but you listened to a whole lot of bullshit unknown albums ?? wtf man.

people that dont like hip-hop i have introduced to bone and they went out and baught their cd's.... what does that tell you ?

p.S: notorious thugs is off "life after death". and devin tha dude or red-man cannot make better weed songs...

Most people that listen to hip-hop have heard of these albums.  I never said I haven't heard e.1999.  hahaha @ "bullshit unknown albums"

It doesn't tell me much actually.

I know that's where it's from.  They have nothing on Redman or Devin.

Are you kidding me? What's up with dubcc underrating Bone Thugs? Even on pop forums they get more appreciation.

dubcc is overrating bone, I've never noticed them get this much love anywhere else.

you earlier said the only songs you heard out of a list someone wrote you only heard 'notorious thugs', for the love of tha $ is off e.1999.... if you havent heard for tha love of tha $ you havent heard e.1999...

p.S: maybe i havent heard all those old school east-coast albums, but i will tell you that i downloaded only a few of them and they were bullshit... some of the most boring albums i have ever heard..... just because they were made in the 80's doesnt mean they are better than the best albums that came out in rap history (during 92-96).... thats where all the classics came out, thats when hip-hop was at its peak, not in the fuckin 80's...

rafsta

« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2005, 11:04:22 PM »
i still like the list tho, and appreciate the effort ofcourse... just feel like being a cunt  ;D

Elevz

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2005, 03:43:38 AM »
so you listed all these albums most people havent even  and heard of... then you go on and say you havent even heard e.1999 ? but you listened to a whole lot of bullshit unknown albums ?? wtf man.

people that dont like hip-hop i have introduced to bone and they went out and baught their cd's.... what does that tell you ?

p.S: notorious thugs is off "life after death". and devin tha dude or red-man cannot make better weed songs...

Most people that listen to hip-hop have heard of these albums.  I never said I haven't heard e.1999.  hahaha @ "bullshit unknown albums"

It doesn't tell me much actually.

I know that's where it's from.  They have nothing on Redman or Devin.

Are you kidding me? What's up with dubcc underrating Bone Thugs? Even on pop forums they get more appreciation.

dubcc is overrating bone, I've never noticed them get this much love anywhere else.

you earlier said the only songs you heard out of a list someone wrote you only heard 'notorious thugs', for the love of tha $ is off e.1999.... if you havent heard for tha love of tha $ you havent heard e.1999...

p.S: maybe i havent heard all those old school east-coast albums, but i will tell you that i downloaded only a few of them and they were bullshit... some of the most boring albums i have ever heard..... just because they were made in the 80's doesnt mean they are better than the best albums that came out in rap history (during 92-96).... thats where all the classics came out, thats when hip-hop was at its peak, not in the fuckin 80's...

My copy of E. 1999 Eternal doesn't have a song called "For the love of tha $"?

And about you not appreciating the eastcoast and the 80s... Just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean others won't. I'll take Illmatic, By All Means Necessary, Enta Da Stage, Long Live The Kane, Midnight Marauders or Breaking Atoms over your favorite kurupt, jayo felony and 2pac albums, any day.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2005, 05:06:22 AM »

Not being ironic... There's plenty of albums I bought for $30, just most of them aren't that old, and most of them are easier to get. This one should be worth the effort though.

cool. But just to have you warned, if you tend to find 80´s shit sounds a lil dated, "Criminal Minded" will be no exception. Undoubtedly classic as it is, I could never get into it, so I would have regretted spending 30 dollars. I spent about 15, which is quite cheap in Switzerland...CD´s a milestone tho, no doubt...it just sounds as old as it is IMO

Elevz

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2005, 05:48:40 AM »
Yes, the 80s do sound dated, but I love that dated sound. It's not like I would be jumping in a dark black hole by buying Criminal Minded, as I already own By All Means Necessary and I love it. I'm well aware that Criminal Minded might sound somewhat older, but hey, I also love what Run DMC and Eric B & Rakim did back then, so it's pretty much a sure shot.

Anyways, Makaveli11 already hooked me up with the album, so that'll do for now. I might still buy it some time, but for now I can check it out. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'll get into that really soon.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2005, 06:00:07 AM »

I never said I haven't heard "For The Love Of Tha $" I said I never heard OF it.  I might have listened to it but forgot about it.  For example, I listened to the last Snoop album but I can only remember the names of the singles cause I deleted that shit after three spins.  So if someone ask if I heard of some specific Snoop song from that album I'd probably say no because I couldn't remember the song or song title.

p.S: maybe i havent heard all those old school east-coast albums, but i will tell you that i downloaded only a few of them and they were bullshit... some of the most boring albums i have ever heard...

Well, that's your opinion.  Many, many people think otherwise including your favourite rappers.

just because they were made in the 80's doesnt mean they are better than the best albums that came out in rap history (during 92-96).... thats where all the classics came out, thats when hip-hop was at its peak, not in the fuckin 80's...

That's bullshit, you don't know what you're talking about.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2005, 06:27:33 AM »
just because they were made in the 80's doesnt mean they are better than the best albums that came out in rap history (during 92-96).... thats where all the classics came out, thats when hip-hop was at its peak, not in the fuckin 80's...

That's bullshit, you don't know what you're talking about.

No, he doesn´t, but 92-96 was nevertheless a great era. My personal favorite too