Author Topic: Somethin' bout G-FUNK...  (Read 962 times)

Jay_J

Somethin' bout G-FUNK...
« on: May 10, 2005, 03:13:09 PM »
Who continious with real G-Funk Era in west? I think dre left it, warren still doin' g-funk,...
what do you thin about G-Funk nowadays? G-Funk is old for todays rap music?

SGV

Re: Somethin' bout G-FUNK...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 03:14:08 PM »
Ok kids... For the last time. G-Funk died in the 90s.

Jay_J

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 03:20:31 PM »
Ok kids... For the last time. G-Funk died in the 90s.

I'm still feelin G-Funk... I listen to Too Short's "Gettin It" , Warren-G's "Gangsta Love" , Nowadays Kurupt's "Thats It".... I want G-Funk Era back as it was in 90s...

SGV

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 03:30:55 PM »
By not letting G-Funk die, you're holding the West back. Thanks asshole. Can we please elevate our game out here? Can we not try something new? Fuck a G-Funk record in 2005.

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 03:33:26 PM »
I think G Funk still has it's place in the west.  But it has to be done right, and it hasn't since 1996.  For too long, people have tried to bring it back, but couldn't.  It's time to let go.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 03:44:58 PM »
By not letting G-Funk die, you're holding the West back. Thanks asshole. Can we please elevate our game out here? Can we not try something new? Fuck a G-Funk record in 2005.

chill out dude.. let people listen to what they wanna listen to...

This dude said it right:

I think G Funk still has it's place in the west.  But it has to be done right, and it hasn't since 1996.  For too long, people have tried to bring it back, but couldn't.  It's time to let go.

^^ I agree.

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 03:48:35 PM »
cant ignore battle cat's effort
it really draws attention to another problem in the west
there rnt alotta dope producers
i mean cant forget dre, quik, battlecat,daz, fredwreck and warren G
other than that i cant think of any names droppin bombs
even warrn G, fred,daz and battlecat have'nt put out hot beats in ages
in the commercial level i mean

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

SGV

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 03:51:52 PM »

chill out dude.. let people listen to what they wanna listen to...

This dude said it right:

^^ I agree.

Sorry Nima. The bold is the truth. It's time to let go. I'm here to help the process.

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 03:53:18 PM »
This dude said it right:

^^ I agree.

This Dude has a name!!!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 03:58:31 PM »
cant ignore battle cat's effort
it really draws attention to another problem in the west
there rnt alotta dope producers
i mean cant forget dre, quik, battlecat,daz, fredwreck and warren G
other than that i cant think of any names droppin bombs
even warrn G, fred,daz and battlecat have'nt put out hot beats in ages
in the commercial level i mean
wuttabout rick rock??? he's been droppin tight lately

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 04:00:19 PM »
This dude said it right:

^^ I agree.

This Dude has a name!!!

LMAO!! You changed your display pic I didn't even realize it was you. Most of the time I just look at the avatars. My bad. Haha.

Jay_J

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 04:03:34 PM »
G-Funk is a rap style that was born in West Coast, this style made people understand that the music is very important as much as lyrics in a rap song, Let G-Funk make the world go around, It's Still Bangin with Quik and Warren... Nowadays i want to hear some new G-Funk songs from west, so i can say "yes this is west and i love west"....

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 04:35:28 PM »
G-Funk is a rap style that was born in West Coast, this style made people understand that the music is very important as much as lyrics in a rap song, Let G-Funk make the world go around, It's Still Bangin with Quik and Warren... Nowadays i want to hear some new G-Funk songs from west, so i can say "yes this is west and i love west"....

? what you mean by its a rap style?
basically its the beats - its those g'd up beats with a touch of funk... and some fitting laid back rap flow... thats g-funk
you probably ment sound with "rap style"?!?

well... nowadays warren g brought g-funk to another level!
most definately he wont produce any new shit the way he did back in the day...
but when i listen to his new shit it's STILL g-funk to me! maybe it should be called newschool g-funk... and back in the day it was oldschool g-funk.... i dont know

and i think the westcoast can roll with this newschool g-funk..., but bringing the oldschool g-funk back probably wouldn't be a good idea - i think that chapter is closed

quik? g-funk? hmmm, mr quik himself calls it p-funk... its way more musically then g-funk and mostly doesnt sample... to me g- and p-funk have a lotta similarities but at the same time are two different genres....
and when i look at quik's late work it aint even p-funk anymore
so the game is definately changing....

summary:
im looking forward to quik's and warren g's new album - and i hope it will fix/set the sound of the new west coast era!
warren did it before... so why not again?

what could stop that process?
no mainstream success for both of them, but ppl are pretty hyped about the westcoast right now,
so hopefully ppl will recognize their talent between all this pop shit and their music will gain commercial success (quik and warren g beeing played in MTV over and over again... try to imagine 8))

so there STILL IS and WILL be g-funk alive... (at least as long as i keep producing  ;D)
you can tell that a lotta westcoast music put out is HEAVILY influenced by that early g-funk sound, and theyre NOT trying to copy the sound

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 09:05:18 PM »
i dont get why some of you are sayin g-funk is dead. just people stoped with it or tryed it and fucked up but i love g-funk its what makes the west coast music the shit i kno i want to see tha shit come back

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 09:50:06 PM »
DJ Glaze still does pure g-funk like back in '96....other than him, everybody's changed a bit, even Warren G.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.