Author Topic: Somethin' bout G-FUNK...  (Read 963 times)

Wild_Elmo

Re: Somethin' bout G-FUNK...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 10:18:50 PM »
Ok kids... For the last time. G-Funk died in the 90s.
and it's still better than 90% of the shit dropping today.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 10:35:06 PM »
Thanks asshole.
lol @ this this foo,..
ppl can listen to what they want to listen to. everybody dont gotta see it the way you see it.

Acgrundy

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »
rap beats suck nowadays for the most part.  there really isn't anything incredible anymore with a few exceptions.  quik still drops heat, so does battlecat.  rap will never ever come close to being as good as it was in the 90's. 

cinnabun

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 10:53:47 PM »
this is a tight ass g-funk track, my fave :  http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3AKNMDN9QEDX01YHCZERPXNSMJ

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2005, 11:05:37 PM »
G Funk is still alive its just different...I Mean Battlecat is still bringing heat but its just too new for y'all ...Y'all r stuck in the 90's sound and some niggaz needs to realize that Most of the south beats of today sounds exactly like a West Beat

LatinoThugPassion

• 'G'
  • Theze Nuttz
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2005, 11:16:50 PM »
crunk is the new g funk just listen to some cut by trillville
listen to the whistle in all of lil jons productions

BUT anyway' g funk that laid back summer time in the lbc died
it doesnt SELL niggas wanna make money the west will never dominate
again by doin g funk they need a new sound and its slowly happening
the NEW west is growing a buzz nationwide
Latin Thug Passion

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 11:20:53 PM »
Thanks asshole.
lol @ this this foo,..
ppl can listen to what they want to listen to. everybody dont gotta see it the way you see it.

SGV never been the one with the open mind. Just a know-it-all pompous egocentric asshole (and Warren G hater). But then again, every forum needs one of those. :)

SGV

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 12:28:25 AM »

SGV never been the one with the open mind. Just a know-it-all pompous egocentric asshole (and Warren G hater). But then again, every forum needs one of those. :)
LOL.. Im not open minded? I listen to everything from Saigon to 2Mex to Baby. LOL @ A Warren G hater. I speak the truth. The dude made ONE hot album and that was it. That was in like 94, get over it already.

Proceed to cry homo. Warren G is a Hasbeen.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2005, 03:10:41 AM »
huh? one hot album?
what about twinz??? you cant deny its a classic!

i could count more... way more... but those 2 (g funk era and twinz) cant be denied  - so how come you can count only one???
somethings wrong there

you may listen to a lotta shit here and there, but the way you want to make ppl accept and believe your way of thinking tells us: not open minded

try to accept and understand other opinions than yours - you will see the world trough different eyes =)

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 06:31:21 AM »

LOL.. Im not open minded? I listen to everything from Saigon to 2Mex to Baby. LOL @ A Warren G hater. I speak the truth. The dude made ONE hot album and that was it. That was in like 94, get over it already.

I liked your photo where you looked like Castro with that cigar. I can see he's your idol and you wanna be like him.

Jay_J

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 07:01:34 AM »
G-Funk is a rap style that was born in West Coast, this style made people understand that the music is very important as much as lyrics in a rap song, Let G-Funk make the world go around, It's Still Bangin with Quik and Warren... Nowadays i want to hear some new G-Funk songs from west, so i can say "yes this is west and i love west"....

? what you mean by its a rap style?
basically its the beats - its those g'd up beats with a touch of funk... and some fitting laid back rap flow... thats g-funk
you probably ment sound with "rap style"?!?

well... nowadays warren g brought g-funk to another level!
most definately he wont produce any new shit the way he did back in the day...
but when i listen to his new shit it's STILL g-funk to me! maybe it should be called newschool g-funk... and back in the day it was oldschool g-funk.... i dont know

and i think the westcoast can roll with this newschool g-funk..., but bringing the oldschool g-funk back probably wouldn't be a good idea - i think that chapter is closed

quik? g-funk? hmmm, mr quik himself calls it p-funk... its way more musically then g-funk and mostly doesnt sample... to me g- and p-funk have a lotta similarities but at the same time are two different genres....
and when i look at quik's late work it aint even p-funk anymore
so the game is definately changing....

summary:
im looking forward to quik's and warren g's new album - and i hope it will fix/set the sound of the new west coast era!
warren did it before... so why not again?

what could stop that process?
no mainstream success for both of them, but ppl are pretty hyped about the westcoast right now,
so hopefully ppl will recognize their talent between all this pop shit and their music will gain commercial success (quik and warren g beeing played in MTV over and over again... try to imagine 8))

so there STILL IS and WILL be g-funk alive... (at least as long as i keep producing  ;D)
you can tell that a lotta westcoast music put out is HEAVILY influenced by that early g-funk sound, and theyre NOT trying to copy the sound

You said everything that i want to say...props man...

SGV

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2005, 08:30:27 AM »

I liked your photo where you looked like Castro with that cigar. I can see he's your idol and you wanna be like him.
He was a family friend in the 60s...

Thirteen

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 08:45:25 AM »

guess you need a definition of open minded...you listen to that music because you like it, but as soon as someone with a different taste than you posts up, you try and knock them down...

so you aren't open minded

SGV

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 08:57:19 AM »
Na... I just like to point out inconsistencies and/or people livin' in the past. If you like G-Funk, good, more power to you. Just know, you're the reason the West never changes.

Dudes in NY ain't still up on some Boom Bap shit. Dudes in the South still ain't on some Bass music shit (Though Crunk is just a harder version). They've all grown up and changed their sound. It's time for the West to do the same.

Simple as that.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 09:48:52 AM »
Na... I just like to point out inconsistencies and/or people livin' in the past. If you like G-Funk, good, more power to you. Just know, you're the reason the West never changes.

Dudes in NY ain't still up on some Boom Bap shit. Dudes in the South still ain't on some Bass music shit (Though Crunk is just a harder version). They've all grown up and changed their sound. It's time for the West to do the same.

Simple as that.

so youre saying it yourself! south changed from "some bass music shit" to crunk, which "is just a harder version"... so they developed their style on their roots...
and i think hope so will the west.... changing from the oldschool g-funk to some new g-funk, but to me (and almost everyone except you) its still g-funk!
just in case im wrong... give me some example of the new sound of the west YOU wanna hear... interpret and title plz

to be fair, i will give a few ones about what im talking: relativez - ride with me (this is even more the oldschool sound to me... - but still GREAT music)
the 2 remixes by warren g of groupie love (this is the NEW sound im talking about, this is noway the old one, but still g-funk, isnt it?)
or what about the SCC? last 2 albums, there are a few g-funk joints on there, and theyre tyte as fuck (if you dont know that shit check out: "so many words")
... just what came to my mind

if this new g-funk makes it to the mainstream: thats another question :-\
but by liking and supporting this shit we're not blocking any other movement, youre talking about

be more specific and give examples. i still cant figure what youre talking about