Author Topic: Afghan singer dead after assault in Vancouver  (Read 115 times)

Suga Foot

Afghan singer dead after assault in Vancouver
« on: May 10, 2005, 06:40:45 PM »
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1115649606687_111058806/?hub=Canada

Afghan singer dead after assault in Vancouver

CTV.ca News Staff

Police have confirmed that internationally acclaimed Afghan singer Nasrat Parsa died Sunday, after being assaulted following a performance in Vancouver this weekend.

The 36-year-old performer was outside his East Vancouver hotel with his brother when he was assaulted, police said.

"He had been approached by three male suspects, one punched him and he fell down some stairs hitting his head," said Const. Tim Fanning of Vancouver police.

"He was rushed to hospital and was pronounced dead."

In an earlier broadcast interview, Najeeb Parsa said his younger brother was approached by fans as he returned to his hotel after performing a Mother's Day concert.

They initially asked for an autograph. But then, one of the men struck the singer, he said.

Police, who happened to be in the area at the time, surrounded the area and took two suspects into custody.

A 19-year-old man has been charged with aggravated assault. Police have since recommended that the charge be upgraded to manslaughter.

Parsa, who lived in Germany, died shortly before midnight on Sunday evening.

He had produced 10 albums since he launched his recording career in 1989.

Parsa had been touring in Canada for the past month to promote his new album "Dil."

The caterer for the Vancouver concert, who also sold tickets to the show, told The Canadian Press that Parsa's death is a blow to the Afghani people.

"He was very popular," said Mohammed Nayebzadah.

"We are getting very upset, why is this happening? He's a young person, our singer, he's coming here to sing for the mothers on Mothers Day. I'm sorry for his mother and this very sad news for all Afghanis."

With files from The Canadian Press

That's pretty fucked up, apparently is was a group of Afghans that killed him.  He was staying at a Days Inn on Kingsway, that's not really a nice neighbourhood anyway.  RIP to him.

Matrix Heart

Re: Afghan singer dead after assault in Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 08:26:09 PM »
He was falling off anyways  ;D j/k, ah well.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 08:49:15 PM »
yeah toronto afghans got the word almost immediately after it happened.....the word is tight tho...no known reason...fuckin drunk afghan youths....disgraceful....the whole community spittin on these dudes now
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
Rest in Peace mayn...