Author Topic: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #41...  (Read 1629 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #41...
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2005, 04:03:16 PM »
It's my list, I put it together.  It's just not a list of my personal favourites.
The Score isn't one of my favourite albums but I realize the impact it made and it's held in high regard.  Just cause an album isn't my cup of tea doesn't mean isn't a great album.  Influencial and impact are very important factors here.

How is the Don Killuminati number 41???? You say it's based on impact and being influencial, if that's the case Don Killuminati should be top 10. It's Pac's best album along with Me Against The World.

i was kinda thinking that

if this list is based on those reasons above then surely the 7 day theory must be higher than #41 ???
NO MORE WAR

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2005, 04:33:06 PM »
It's my list, I put it together.  It's just not a list of my personal favourites.
The Score isn't one of my favourite albums but I realize the impact it made and it's held in high regard.  Just cause an album isn't my cup of tea doesn't mean isn't a great album.  Influencial and impact are very important factors here.

How is the Don Killuminati number 41???? You say it's based on impact and being influencial, if that's the case Don Killuminati should be top 10. It's Pac's best album along with Me Against The World.

if this list is based on those reasons above then surely the 7 day theory must be higher than #41 ???

Not necessarily, theres are lots of albums with greater impact and influence then 7 day theory. Even though its pacs best album AEOM and even MATW are greater in the sence of impact and infuence.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2005, 04:45:20 PM »
^^^ exactly, in terms of impact and influence Makaveli can NEVER make even top 25 (and it´s in my personal hiphop top 15 too)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2005, 04:56:59 PM »
This album isn't more influencial then his previous two and as excellent as this album is in my mind it's not enough to earn a higher spot.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2005, 09:11:31 PM »

okay now I understand..

So its like All Eyez on Me is a better album then 7 day theory because of its impact and how influential it is even though it isnt really as good skill wise as 7 day theory or like 36 chambers is a better album then Cuban Linx because of its impact...

and white boy i know quik wont make the list. No quik album had really any impact. But you cant deny Rythm-al-ism is one of the best and most advanced records ever recorded overall.
I get it now... kind of missed that quote... if influence and impact are very important factors then it definitely does change things around. The whole time I thought it was based on skill level. In that case like some one else said 7 day theory could never make top 25 at least.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2005, 01:08:15 PM »
Makaveli did influence Ja Rule's Blood In My Eye... lol... that alone knocks it down a few spots.

I think this album influence too many things that are wrong with how Hip-Hop beef is now, but some may think it's for better.

My top 5 personal list, no question though.

Now in terms of this list, when I see Chronic 2001 and Makaveli in the 40's, it makes me wonder what does it take to be in the top 25. I mean, it's like when the Source didn't give the OG Chronic 5 mics, people were like what you gotta do, and then Nas released Illmatic and it wasn't so much it was a classic, but the fact that it got 5 mics and the Chronic didn't made people buy it to listen. So now that I see Makaveli so low, and 2001 so low, I am basically looking to see what it takes to make the top 40, 25, 10, this list is interesting for sure.

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2005, 05:50:09 AM »
good job, this cd doesn't deserve top 10

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2005, 03:05:27 PM »
btw Knuckles, I love the quote in your sig

:sign_offtopic:
sorry

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2005, 11:46:05 AM »
makaveli is one of the best albums in any genre period

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2005, 08:54:58 PM »
Good review, but #41??

Even though this is my fav album ever, it should still be in ANYONE'S top 10 even from an unbiased point of view. Pac is one of the greatest hip hop artists ever (and the official goat in many peoples opinion), and this is his best work. Based on that consideration alone, this HAS to be a top 10 if not top 5 album.

And true, AEOM had more impact then this album, but only in a direct sense in that it became a blueprint for commercial artists of today to use. Are we basing this list on impact/influence, or just straight up quality?? If its just on the music alone, Makaveli takes shits all over AEOM....musically and lyrically. If it is based on impact, I could see why someone might rate AEOM higher, but even so, I would still rate Makaveli as being Pac's best and one of the best albums period because:

it did actually have alot of impact, just a different kind of impact. This album was ahead of its time, and it blew peoples minds when it came out. AEOM didnt do that. People loved it, yes, but they werent calling it "the deepest album ever made" or the hip hop bible as Makavel is often called. Plus the fact he recorded it in just 3 days =  :o "Blasphemy" alone gotta make this one of the best albums ever. I remember the first time I heard that song, my jaw nearly fell to the ground.

From about 96'-2000, most people considered MATW or AEOM to be Pac's best (depending on who u asked), but for the last several years, ive met more and more people that consider 7 Day Theory to be his finest....and now that seems to be the consensus. Remember, this album was out of print for about 2 years, so some people may have forgotten about it, but when it was remastered in 2001 and brought back into circulation, I think it reminded people. Since that time on, most people I come across agree that it is indeed his watershed release.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 09:14:07 PM by The Sneaker Pimp »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2005, 09:18:38 PM »
Makaveli did influence Ja Rule's Blood In My Eye... lol... that alone knocks it down a few spots.

I think this album influence too many things that are wrong with how Hip-Hop beef is now, but some may think it's for better.

U cant really knock the album for that though, as Pac doesnt have control over people biting his shit.....

The disses on this album are crazy, because he truly didnt give a fuck. He took on a whole coast by himself and wasnt afraid to call all his enemies out. Its pretty much a reflection of the times.....

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2005, 09:20:12 PM »
good job, this cd doesn't deserve top 10

You're right. It deserves top FIVE.  8)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2005, 09:32:14 PM »
Since it's based on impact i expect to see AEOM in the top 5.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Elevz

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2005, 03:45:25 AM »
Since it's based on impact i expect to see AEOM in the top 5.

Read again... It's not ONLY based on impact. That would mean 50 Cent and Eminem would have to be somewhere up there too  :-X

I'm not even sure if we should expect All Eyez On Me in this top50 at all. Maybe, but not in the top 10.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2005, 09:43:31 AM »
"official GOAT in many people´s opinion" ::)