Author Topic: read this abdul infinite  (Read 195 times)

rafsta

read this abdul infinite
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:42:23 AM »
i stumbled on this article, it clearly demonstrates the violence in the Muslim religion...

The Satanic Verses is a 1989 novel by Salman Rushdie, inspired in part by the life of Muhammad.

The novel caused much controversy upon publication in 1989, as many Muslims considered it to contain blasphemous references. India was the first country to ban the book.

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the leader of Iran, issued a fatwa, or religious ruling, calling for the death of Salman Rushdie. On February 14, 1989, he broadcast this message on Iranian radio: "I inform the proud Muslim people of the world that the author of the Satanic Verses book, which is against Islam, the Prophet and the Qur'an, and all those involved in its publication who are aware of its content are sentenced to death."

The novel's title is a reference to an attempted interpolation in the Qur'an, as described by Ibn Ishaq in his biography of Muhammad (the earliest surviving). The interpolated verses are known as The Satanic Verses. Many Muslims find Ibn Ishaq's story deeply disturbing and reject it as mythical. Many Muslim scholars also reject the story as historically improbable and weakly attested.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses_%28novel%29

Where does Allah stand in this situation Abdul ??
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 09:14:40 AM by Captain »

rafsta

Re: was Dan Brown sentenced to death for writing "da vinci code" ??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 10:44:45 AM »
this is what provoked me to post the article...

The term Satanic Verses was coined by the historian Sir William Muir to refer to several verses alleged to have been part of an early version of the Qur'an and later expunged. The story of the verses can be read in al-Waqidi and al-Tabari's recension of Ibn Ishaq's biography of Prophet Muhammad, the Sirat Rasul Allah, which is believed to have been written 120-130 years after Muhammad's death.

Ibn Ishaq reports that Muhammad was anxious to attract the people of Mecca (who were, after all, his tribesmen and neighbors) to Islam. As he was reciting to himself this verse of the Qur'an, as revealed to him by the angel Gabriel:

Have you thought of al-Lat and al-'Uzza and Manat the third, the other
(Sura 53, 19-20)
Satan tempted him to add the following line:

These are the exalted Gharaniq, whose intercession is approved.
al-Lat, al-'Uzza and Manat were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans. Gharaniq is a hapax legomenon, a word found only in this one place; commentators say that it means Numidian cranes, which fly at a great height. The subtext to this allegation is that Muhammad was backing away from his otherwise uncompromising monotheism by saying that these goddesses were real and their intercession effective.

The story goes that Meccans were overjoyed to hear this and ceased to persecute Muhammad and his flock. The Muslims who had migrated to Ethiopia started returning to Mecca. The Angel Gabriel came to Muhammad later and scolded him for adding his erroneous invention to the divine scripture. Muhammed took back his words and the persecution resumed.

Almost all Muslim scholars have rejected the story as historically improbable (it would have taken a long time for news to travel to Ethiopia and for the refugees to return) and inconsistent with Muhammad's staunch monotheism. They argue that this story must have been a fabrication by the Meccans and other enemies of Muhammad, and that Ibn Ishaq, al-Tabari, and al-Waqidi only reported the fabrication they heard from others. Some Western scholars, such as John Burton, also doubt the authenticity of the story (J. Burton, Those Are The High-Flying Cranes, Journal Of Semitic Studies, 1970, Volume 15, No. 2, pp. 246-265).

Critics have stated that Muslims reject the story only because it is so disturbing to their faith. As Muslims, they cannot bring themselves to believe that Muhammad would tamper with the words of the Qur'an, even temporarily.

A number of Muslim scholars, notably Fazlur Rahman, have argued that if we are to trust Ibn Ishaq on other matters, we must trust him on this one.

This entire matter was a mere footnote to the back-and-forth of religious debate, and was rekindled only when Salman Rushdie's 1989 novel, The Satanic Verses, made headline news. Even though Rushdie's novel does not deal with the issue of the Satanic Verses per se, it does contain some unflattering allusions to Islamic history. Muslims around the world demonstrated against the book, and Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini called for Rushdie's death, saying that the book blasphemed Muhammad and his wives. See The Satanic Verses (novel).

now this shows it is possible the Qur'an may have been changed... Just like its possible the Bible has been changed... no real evidence, just speculation...

dont speak about the bible if you dont have facts.

Throwback

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 11:59:41 AM »
so what does dan brown gotta do with this?

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 12:00:39 PM »
Why would Muslims want to kill Dan Brown though, I thought Da Vinci code would scare more christians?

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 12:26:13 PM »
^ thats the whole point of the post.. ;)

he's pointing out how muslims put a death threat on people who disagree with them..

and christians havent said much about dan browns novel

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 12:35:31 PM »
because christians care more about whats happening on desperate housewives

rafsta

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 01:07:34 PM »
^ thats the whole point of the post.. ;)

he's pointing out how muslims put a death threat on people who disagree with them..

and christians havent said much about dan browns novel

we have a winner !!!

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 01:21:32 PM »
do i get a prize?

rafsta

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 01:36:06 PM »
do i get a prize?

nah you dissed Jesus...

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 01:37:11 PM »
didn't i just say he was a mothafuckin P I M P?  :D

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 04:28:25 PM »
Jesus dissed him back on the radio just a minute ago, he said if he ever saw him in the streets he would stomp his dome out and settle it like real g'z do. When the dj asked him to keep it on the mic Jesus responded "NIGGA THE WAR SHOULDNT STOP UNTIL THESE PLAYA HATIN NIGGAZ BODY ROTT!!!"

rafsta

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 01:40:18 AM »
hey wheres Abdul on this topic ?

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 09:52:05 AM »
Jesus dissed him back on the radio just a minute ago, he said if he ever saw him in the streets he would stomp his dome out and settle it like real g'z do. When the dj asked him to keep it on the mic Jesus responded "NIGGA THE WAR SHOULDNT STOP UNTIL THESE PLAYA HATIN NIGGAZ BODY ROTT!!!"

:)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 01:55:51 PM »
this thread is lame
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 09:57:37 PM »
hey wheres Abdul on this topic ?

I just now saw this thread, I didn't recognize you calling me "abdul".. there is no such thing as a name "Abdul".   Anyone who named anyone "Abdul" made a mistake.  Because the ending "ul" can only be there if it is connected to one of the names (characteristics) of Allah.  So you can not say "Abdul" without adding Infinite immediately afterwords, it's incorrect in Arabic grammer.

Anyway... I don't have time right now, but I wanted to carefully read what you have written.  Captain, you have every right to question Islam and for the most part you have been very respectful, I am a knowledge seeker just like you are, so it is all good.

Right away, I noticed though, that I disagree with Khomeni calling for a death sentence against Salamin Rushdie.  He has a right to question the Qu'ran, even if it makes some Muslims very angry. 

As far as those verses you mentioned, the Qu'ran says immediately following those verses, that Allah has sent down no authority to those female idols of the pagans!   Your second claim that this indicates a change or alteration in the Qu'ran, is just a claim, it must be tested.  Again, give me time to read this over again later.  Peace.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)