Author Topic: Dwight Eisenhower on Bush  (Read 126 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dwight Eisenhower on Bush
« on: May 12, 2005, 06:37:17 AM »
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt,  a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." (Dwight Eisenhower, November 8th, 1954)

http://www.eisenhowermemorial.org/presidential-papers/first-term/documents/1147.cfm

Just another reminder that modern republicans are no longer traditional conservatives.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Dwight Eisenhower on Bush
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 10:23:32 AM »
Ike was the man
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 03:23:52 PM »
Just another reminder that modern republicans are no longer traditional conservatives.
::)
Right jackass and that's of course some symbol of their weakness, I hope they would have changed as the nation did as I hope any political party would have over the years, I'm not a conservative by any means but I hear people on a daily basis say pointless trite shit in hopes of forming something clever and insulting. That is a good quote but just leave it at what Ike said if you dont have anything real to elaborate with.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 03:33:22 PM »
::)
Right jackass and that's of course some symbol of their weakness, I hope they would have changed as the nation did as I hope any political party would have over the years, I'm not a conservative by any means but I hear people on a daily basis say pointless trite shit in hopes of forming something clever and insulting. That is a good quote but just leave it at what Ike said if you dont have anything real to elaborate with.

damn
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll