Author Topic: Jayo Disses Snoop and Jay Z  (Read 1028 times)

Treyvone

• Lil Geezy
Jayo Disses Snoop and Jay Z
« on: April 10, 2001, 05:10:34 PM »
After reading the MTV News article below, its obvious  why Jay Z and Jayo have beef, but does anyone know why Jayo has disses for Snoop on his new CD? I thought they were coo with each other. Did something all of a sudden happen or what? Anyway, if u already havent read the article from MTV, check it out:
Former Def Jam records recording artist Jayo Felony and his new song, "True'd Up (The Crip Anthem)," aren't only causing a commotion in the streets; they've making a stir in the boardrooms as well, according to the rapper.

Jayo claims that serious politicking has taken place to strike the song — a shout-out to the Crips which also features several indirect Jay-Z disses — from the upcoming Henchmen Entertainment compilation, Bullet Proof Love, Vo1. 1.

"Jay-Z snitched to [Def Jam head Lyor Cohen] and tried to keep the song from being put out," Jayo said. "We got calls from Lyor and everybody about not putting this record out. I feel like this: If we're on the streets, keep it on the streets. Don't go to the higher-ups."

The Henchmen album is being distributed through Motown, a sister company to Def Jam in the Universal Music Group family tree.

"They're trying to say it's a East Coast/West Coast thing, and it's not," said the California native, who added that he also has a dis record aimed at Snoop Dogg on his upcoming album, Crip Hop. "['True'd Up'] is coming out on an East Coast record label; it was recorded on the East Coast, and an East Coast [producer] made the track. They can't make this no East Coast/West Coast sh--, 'cause I got too much love out there."

Jay-Z was unavailable for comment. Henchmen Entertainment CEO Jimmy Henchmen supported the rapper's claims, saying he was pressured to take the song off the album. The company sent out a press release early last week detailing Henchmen's alleged plight, saying Jay-Z was trying to use his influence to impede the song's release.

"It's like [Jay-Z] called the police on me," Henchmen said. "I couldn't understand why he felt so strong about the record. Rap was built on dis records. He dissed n---as on records before, talking about [how] he's 'the one' and all this. He can't feel he's untouchable."

"True'd Up" starts with Jayo rhyming in a cadence similar to Jay-Z's at the beginning of "Parking Lot Pimpin'." He then references Jigga's "Streets Is Talking": "Talkin' about, 'Is he a Blood or is he a Crip?!'/ N---a I'll sock that f----t in his big-ass lips" (see "Next Jay-Z LP In Works; Beanie Sigel's Reason Is Clear").

He goes on to say, "And the only 'J' I know is Bullet Loco/ N---a! J-A-Y-O, fa sho', F-E-L-O, N-Y see me ... then die." Felony said one of the factors that inspired him to write the record was what he considered to be Jay's "disrespect for the West."

"My thing was, how's a n---a gonna make a song like 'Change the Game' where he talks about 'I wear more bling to The Source and Soul Train [awards shows] ... and n---az won't do a thing'?" Jayo said. "He knows it ain't going down like that."

Both awards shows have been held on the West Coast, and every year rumors circulate about celebrities getting robbed for money and jewelry worn to the events by gang members. On "True'd Up," Jayo warns, "It's some thirsty-ass sharks out here, but you know well/ They schooled ya like, 'Don't go pass that Fat Burgers on La Cienega/ Them n---az'll jack you, ya bitch too, bodyguard and manager."

Despite his rancor, Jayo, who has publicly expressed his gripes with Def Jam for their alleged lack of backing when he signed with them, said he's not seeking revenge on his former employers by taking jabs at one of their top sellers.

"If their artist would've never said that funny sh-- out his mouth, I wouldn't have never have to say anything about Jay-Z," Jayo said. "I don't need Def Jam. I made my own name."

Henchmen Entertainment's Bullet Proof Love Vol. 1 is due in stores on June 5, and Jayo Felony's Crip Hop is slated to be released on his own Loc Records in the summer.

"Blow up the whole world Black....Yall betta hope I don't grow my jeri curl back"

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Jayo Disses Snoop and Jay Z
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2001, 05:13:56 PM »
If Jayo has beef with Snoop, thenWhy is Jayo on the new Eastsidaz, and why was he rumored to head to Doggystyle Records then?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2001, 05:53:25 PM »
for real huh...

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2001, 08:05:20 PM »
Jayo prolly recorded his tracks for Tha Eastsidaz before the beef started, not all the songs for the album will be brand new.  Ya never know, wit the beef, Snoop may have them taken off.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2001, 08:21:22 PM »
OH GOD I Wish A Mothafucka WOULD Diss My Ass After He's Done Gave Me Some Vocals, And I Haven't Released 'Em.  FIRST FRIEKIN Thing I'd Do Is Head Into The Studio With Fredwreck Or Daz or Somethin', Cut His Vocals Up, And Sample Him Saying Something Like "I'm A Real Fuckin' Faggot" Or Somethin' Like That, Then Loop It, And CLOWN THE FUCK Outta Him All Over The Album.  Like If He Said "I'm A Real Fuckin' Nigga", And "I Smash On Faggots", I'd Cut It To Say "I'm A Real Fuckin' Faggot"... He'd NEVER Live That Down...

PLEASE Snoop, If You're Reading This, Do That To That Ungrateful Bastard...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2001, 08:35:28 PM »
LOL

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2001, 09:20:17 PM »
LoL, damn snoop and jayo have beef?? thats the weirdest shit ive heard, why would they have beef? that really sucks because snoop and jayo are two really good west coast artists that can make great music and they have beef.... WTF is happining

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2001, 10:37:49 PM »
naw it's probably jayo just having beef with snoop, snoop probably dosn't even know jayo has beef with him....jayo is probably pissed cuz snoop is working with everybody ....and jay-z being one inparticular, so hence the so called "beef", snoop's the bigger man though and he'll have this all sorted out snoop's not one quick to diss jayo and snoop have been down for a while jayo was even in that Eastsidaz Movie and on the video version of got beef ....plus Snoop said on TRL that the west is 1 and him and dre are not trying to beef with anybody and try to unite everyone...

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2001, 11:01:28 PM »
Jayo will diss Snoop, but Snoop will not answer....and they will eventually get back together...

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2001, 11:46:20 PM »
If Jayo Disses, I Think Snoop May Answer, Maybe Just In Interviews Or Somethin'... Remember, He's Been Talkin SHIT About Deathrow...

Jayo's PROBABLY Mad At Something That Happened While He Was Trying To Sign To Doggystyle; He Probably Didn't Like Something Snoop Did, Or Something, So Tripped... Snoop RULES Doggystyle, I Mean Everything That Happens On Doggystyle Is Snoop, So Maybe Jayo Didn't Like That.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2001, 04:44:25 AM »
  8) What's Crackin' 8)
        I dont think it's that hard to believe that Snoop and Jayo would have problemz... If they do, I doubt it has anything to do with Record Lables or Upcoming Albums... I think it might have something to do with tha Crips. I mean, Jayo and Snoop both Represent tha Crips to tha fullest but since Snoop blew up... Most likely he hasn't been on tha streets and really doesn't give a fuck what goes down in East Side Long Beach anymore... Jayo probably dont like tha way Snoop's been puttin it down lately and decided it was time for someone to call him out.
        If Jayo and Snoop do have beef together I wont take sides... They're both tight and they both make that Southern Cali West Coast Gangsta Shit so I'd keep up wit both of'em. But Damn TRAUMA.... you were quick to jump on Snoop's side, "UNGRATEFUL BASTARD"... why iz that?? Yeah, Jayo was on tha Eastsidaz album but that's all Snoop's done for him. Plus, Jayo was makin a name for himself before he and Snoop worked together.
        Well, If Jayo and Snoop do get into it, do you foolz think that Jayo might talk shit about Tha Dogg Pound (Daz & Kurupt) later on? They are supposed to drop a CD on Snoop's record company right? and they did do that "Change The Game (REMIX)" with Jay Z..... you never know, Jayo might develop an EGO and just start going off on all kinds of people who he dont consider to be real.
       Well fuck it..... I'm outIEz!
           Peace tha Fuck Out!!!

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2001, 10:46:23 AM »
Why Did I Jump On Snoop's Side? It's Called Bein' A FAN... If Someone Has A Problem With Snoop, They've Got A Problem With Me As Far As I'm Concerned.  Jayo Felony Can't See Snoop Fuckin' Doggy Dogg... He Needs To Get A Little Respect.  Total Package, No Rapper Can See Snoop.  Some May Be Lyrically Better, Have Better Flow, But Total Package It's NO FUCKING CONTEST.  When I Start Seeing Jayo Felony On Every Album From Every Tight Rapper, When I See Jayo Felony On The Conan O Brian Show, Late Night With David Letterman, And Leno, When I See Jayo Taking Convicted Felons Off The Street And Making Them Go Plat, THEN Maybe He Can Talk Some Shit...

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Is this the guy that was on "Got beef" wit the eastsidaz?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2001, 01:05:25 PM »
Yea, he's the first one on "Got Beef"...

King of tha Coast (Guest)

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2001, 01:23:30 PM »
anyone can record a diss song towards Snoop to get some publicity

like Snoop says : " I get caught up sometimes, some of the people I hang with
they turn out to be snitches, bitches, yeah they switches "

And whats this shit about Snoop not doin anything for the Eastside ?? didn't Snoop from a group called tha Eastsiders ?? isn't Snoop representin his hood in almost every fuckin song ??

Isn't Snoop pickin up talented rappers from that area and puttin em on his label ??