Author Topic: Alchemist appointed new Shady Records DJ  (Read 401 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Alchemist appointed new Shady Records DJ
« on: May 12, 2005, 02:32:54 PM »

Eminem has appointed a new DJ after kicking Green Lantern out for his sneaky behaviour. Alchemist is managed by Paul Rosenberg, who is also Eminem’s manager,and has been appointed the new Shady records turntables man.

Alchemist isn’t just a DJ; he also works with creating beats of his own, and released his own album last year entitled 1st Infantry. The album featured his beats with lyrics donated by various artists he has worked with. Working with the Shady camp has its perks and would put Interscopes A team roster well within his grasp.

“Right now, I am just dealing with the situation of being Eminem’s DJ and, of course I am always going to be doing beats. I’m not just going to be a DJ,” he said. “I would love to [do beats for Eminem], that would be great. I definitely look forward to that. His shit is incredible. I’m sure we have a mutual respect as far as music [is concerned]. If the opportunity ever arises, I’m sure we would make some incredible music. But, right now the issue at hand is to handle the tour and be Em’s DJ.”

“This is like a blessing and I am taking it as it comes,” he concluded. “As creative people, we are always moved by other creative people.”

Alchemist will be touring with Eminem and is gearing up for the Anger Management Tour, starting July.

Any1 kno what this was about? -> "Green Lantern out for his sneaky behaviour"  ???
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 03:33:42 PM by Woozie »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Alchemist appointed new Shady Records DJ
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 02:34:34 PM »
sneaky behaviour?  lol
NO MORE WAR

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 02:35:04 PM »
Where is this story from?

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 02:46:43 PM »
on allhiphop.com too

Alchemist Becomes Eminem’s New DJ
By Houston Williams
Date: 5/12/2005 2:01 pm

Eminem has a new DJ and Green Lanterns replacement is a familiar face to Hip-Hop.

The Alchemist, normally affiliated with Mobb Deep, has accepted a position with Em as his new in-house spin doctor.

Al told AllhipHop.com, “Basically, we are under the same management. My brother Neal [Maman] and Paul [Paul Rosenburg, Shady Records/Goliath Artists executive] stepped up and they came up with the idea. They approached him and then they approached me and asked me if I was with it. And I said, ‘Yeah.’”

DJ Green Lantern, Eminem’s former DJ, voluntarily left Shady Records after a conversation with 50 Cent adversary Jadakiss was unknowingly taped in a conversation about the pair’s beef.

Alchemist didn’t even have to audition for the lyrical Detroit piston and Alchemist stated that he’s been on the 1’s and 2’s with Mobb Deep. “For the last four years now, I’ve been doing the Mobb Deep tours,” he explained. “I’ve been holding it down. And before that I came up with Muggs and Cypress [Hill]. I have a good background in rocking the show.”

The DJ, who released 1st Infantry (Koch) last year, certainly sees advantage in being party to heavy-hitters like Eminem, G-Unit and others, but he said he was keeping it all in perspective.

“Right now, I am just dealing with the situation of being Eminem’s DJ and, of course I am always going to be doing beats. I’m not just going to be a DJ,” he said. “I would love to [do beats for Eminem], that would be great. I definitely look forward to that. His shit is incredible. I’m sure we have a mutual respect as far as music [is concerned]. If the opportunity ever arises, I’m sure we would make some incredible music. But, right now the issue at hand is to handle the tour and be Em’s DJ.”

“This is like a blessing and I am taking it as it comes,” he concluded. “As creative people, we are always moved by other creative people.”

The Anger Management Tour starts in July 2005.

Winding up, he said that he’s still working with Mobb Deep on new music. “I don’t want to plug anything yet but, we’ve been leaking songs out a little but. Being that they are between deals right now, we’re keeping the music coming. We’re leaking joints for the fans to let them know, we got this.”
NO MORE WAR

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 02:52:13 PM »
what was green lantern sayn to jada?

Jome

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 02:55:08 PM »
A scoop for Shady, but I wonder how this affects Alchemist, regarding the 50 vs. P, and 50 vs. Lox issue..
But anyways, no matter who they signed as the new DJ, 50 would have beef with either him or his peoples..  ;D

gchild213

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 02:57:42 PM »
thats cool man alchemist makes some dope beats

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 03:22:23 PM »
Any1 kno what this was about? -> "Green Lantern out for his sneaky behaviour"  ???

have you been in a coma for the last few weeks?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 03:26:49 PM »

wasnt followin the story man...

can any1 be assed tellin me what green lantern was sayin to jada that made him leave shady???

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 04:35:26 PM »
shits crazy
alchemist is def talented
hope it works out nice
good exposure for alchemist

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 04:56:16 PM »

wasnt followin the story man...

can any1 be assed tellin me what green lantern was sayin to jada that made him leave shady???

jada was being recorded for cutmaster c's dvd and green called him up. jada didnt mentio tnat green was being recorded andjada put him on speaker. green called to congratualte jada on his awards for best mixtape of the year and shit and then he said how jada needs to step his game up if he wants to knock out 50. that was pretty much it.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 06:49:26 PM »
A scoop for Shady, but I wonder how this affects Alchemist, regarding the 50 vs. P, and 50 vs. Lox issue..
But anyways, no matter who they signed as the new DJ, 50 would have beef with either him or his peoples..  ;D

word
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 07:25:07 PM »
i'm glad 50 got Green Lantern kicked off Shady

Alchemist >>> Green

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »
alchemist owns