Author Topic: R.I.P. Justo Faison - Quotes From Warrior, Krondon, Vlad, Styles P etc.  (Read 144 times)

SGV

The Hip Hop world has just been struck with a huge blow, Justo Faison, the founder/creator of The Justo's Mixtape Awards, has passed. According to sources, he was in driving in Richmond, Virgina, doing promotions, which ended in a fatal car accident, early Saturday morning.

I was getting my Oil changed when I got the phone call from DJ Warrior about Justo's passing. It was saddening to hear, to say the very least. I had the pleasure of meeting Justo twice when he was out here in L.A. recently. He showed me a lot of love. I thanked him for showing the West Coast love at a predominatly East Coast function. I knew, just by talking to him, he had no cares about East Coast/West Coast or anything of the sort. He wanted to see Hip Hop progress, as a whole. He will be missed.

"Justo is a person that gave me, not only business, but personal advice, as well. He made Mixtapes official to the industry. He took it to another level for a person like me, who came from nothing and had been grinding so long. I can say that I got my break, to a certain degree, because of him. The Mixtape Awards got me recognition throughout the Hip Hop world. Rest in Peace to him. My Condolences to his family. This is Big loss for Hip Hop today. He was a legend." - DJ Warrior of Cali Untouchable DJs.

As the news came in, so did the phone calls and E-Mails of people sending their condolences and speaking on this tragic news. Here's some quotes from DJ's and Artists.

"Justo made mixtapes happen, he was the one who brought the industry to love mixtapes, to get their artists out. He gave the DJ the strive to make a good mixtape, he brought the awards where the DJs would think if I made a hot mixtape and if I was consistant maybe I would win one. Justo is a legend to the DJs and a great man he will be missed. May Justo R.I.P.." - DJ Papa Smirf

"Big ups to my man Justo, the true Mixtape King. He helped make Mixtape DJ's and Artists. He was able to break down the barriers and bring together the East Coast, West Coast, South, Midwest, Reggae, Reggaeton, etc. He'll be missed. My condolences go out to him and his family." - DJ Hideo of Cali Untouchable DJs.

"Rest in Peace to one of the coolest niggas. He was a real good brotha from the streets to the corporate shit. My condolences." - Chace Infinite of Self Scientific.

"Rest in Peace to Justo. Condolences to him and his family from Strong Arm Steady. He had a great vision for Hip Hop. Furthering everything cats were doing in the U.S. and took it all over the world. Justo gave a platform, something to look for, more so than other hierarchy of award shows. He set tone for real cats in the street makin' names for themselves. From East Coast to West Coast to London. He'll be missed, gotta keep his legacy pushing and alive." - Krondon of Strong Arm Steady.

"Salutes to Justo. This is a tragic loss to Hip Hop. He did a lot for Mixtape DJs when he didn't have to. To be nominated and apart of the Award's is an honor. On behalf of all Cali Untouchable DJs. Condolences to him, his family, friends. I wish it didn't happen. Again, this is a big loss for Hip Hop. He was a Father figure. Hope to see legacy live on. Hope its like Oscar's of Hip Hop for DJs." - DJ Strong of Cali Untouchable DJs.

"In 2003, I moved to NY from Oakland, California, dead broke with dreams of making it in the DJ business. After only being in NY for a week, totally unknown, Justo reached out to me and offered to drive me around to all the boroughs and educate me in the Mixtape game. From that moment on, Justo became my homeboy. Throughout my DJ grind, whenever I had a question or problem, Justo was always ready to listen and help out. If you were real with Justo, he would ride with you no matter what. Those that didn't like him, he didn't do that industry bullshit and pretend to like them either. In 2004 I won a Mixtape of the Year Award. This was an incredible feeling. But my greatest Hip Hop moment was being nominated for a Mixtape Award in 2003, where I sat at Justo's Mixtape Awards at the plushed out Manhattan Center alongside legends like Kid Capri and Redman. At the moment, I went from being a Hip Hop fan to feeling like I was part of the Hip Hop movement - my greatest award ever. I owe all that to Justo." - DJ Vlad.

Tragic loss! I never met him personally but heard nothin' but good things about him. Justo was the pulse of the street, his Award was something that represented hard work and really what this music is: The Streets." - Balance.

"He was doing something good for the community and had a good outlook on Hip Hop. Rest in Peace." - Styles P of The Lox.

“Devestating. He had plans to do the Awards in Madison Square. That was his goal to get there. That was the hugest thing for Hip Hop. He had been working on that. He wanted the world to know what the Mixtape awards were about. Its gonna be hard to replace him. He did the most for Mixtape djs. He put money in DJs pockets. There was nothing like the Mixtape Awards. Huge loss to the Mixtape world. Its gonna be hard to do anything he ever did. He had plans to do a Justo Mixtape every week. He started it last week. He was gonna be on Rap City on May 22nd. He had a good heart. For some to recognize DJs, you have to have a good heart. Hes gone be missed and it’s a big loss he made Mixtapes commercial, nobody ever did that.” - DJ SynCity

"You can't measure what he has done for Hip-Hop on a whole. He is a big reason why we have moved 101,000 since 2001." - Annonymous Records.

Justo recently released a DVD Documentary about the Mixtape Awards. For those who never knew him and those who did, PLEASE Cop The Mixtape Documentary!!!

Let's keep the Legacy alive and keep his dream intact! R.I.P. to a true legend and great person. Dubcnn sends our condolences to Justo and his entire Family and Friends.

We will be Editing this post, adding more shout outs, as well as Pictures and Audio, over the next few days. Continue to pay attention to this.

R.I.P. Justo Faison
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 06:22:34 PM by SGV »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
god damnn't

R.I.P.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Spicemuthafuc*in1

rip

MANBEARPIG.

Wow

RIP :'(

-KIDRENEGADE-

Westcoastfanatic

R.I.P  :(
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

ABN

R.I.P.

SGV

Uppin' for the homie.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn RIP

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
that was sad to hear. may he rip
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network