Author Topic: Protests Against U.S. Spread Across Afghanistan; And an Iraq Update  (Read 104 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
KABUL, Afghanistan, May 12 - Anti-American violence spread to 10 of Afghanistan's 34 provinces and into Pakistan on Thursday as four more protesters died in a third day of demonstrations and clashes with the police.

Hundreds of students took part in three separate demonstrations here in the capital, where they burned an American flag, and a provincial office of CARE International was ransacked in a continuation of the most widespread protests against the American presence since the fall of the Taliban government more than three years ago.

In the most violent single incident, the police fired on hundreds of tribesmen from Khogiani, a district in eastern Afghanistan, who were trying to march in protest on Jalalabad, the town where four people died and 60 were wounded on Wednesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/13/international/asia/13afghan.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1116022976-yQu7YwadynEopN9cyHZwiA
____

I thought GW Bush told us that the only way to ensure the end of terrorism against America is to spread liberty and freedom throughout the world.  Apparently no one told the people of Afghanistan that GWB liberated them.  Today is day four of the protests and they continue to spread throughout Afghanistan, despite remaining hidden from most U.S. newspapers.  Elsewhere in the world....

One of the squads of 1st Platoon of Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 25th Regiment was completely wiped out:

"In 96 hours of fighting and ambushes in far western Iraq, the squad had ceased to be.

Every member of the squad -- one of three that make up the 1st Platoon of Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 25th Regiment -- had been killed or wounded
, Marines here said. All told, the 1st Platoon -- which Hurley commands -- had sustained 60 percent casualties, demolishing it as a fighting force."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/11/AR2005051101737_pf.html

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
They wiped out a whole platoon of US soldiers?  How many soldiers are in a platoon?  Can you post the whole article because you have to be a member to read their news at the website.

I'm curious because I was searching other sites for this news and couldn't find anything about it, except Yahoo's website mentioned that a Washington Post journalist is embedded with US troops and that he reported something that wasn't verified by the US military officers.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 09:03:41 PM by The Imam »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)