Author Topic: WHAT ABOUT RAP MUSIC OVA THA WORLD  (Read 141 times)

Cadaffi

• Lil Geezy
WHAT ABOUT RAP MUSIC OVA THA WORLD
« on: May 14, 2005, 04:19:39 AM »
WHASS UP,YEAH GOOD QUESTION MANY PEOPLE ARE NOT AWARYE OF THAT QUESTION,THAT RAP ISN'T IS DEVELOPING IN THE US BY OVA AAALLLLL WORLD AFRICA,EUROPE,NEW ZELAND AUSTRALIA ETC.
MANY DJS AND MCEES GREW UP ON THE SOIL THAT HIP HOP IS,MANY HAVE NEVA BEEN IN THE USA,BUT THEY REALLY UNDERSTAND AND FEEL THE SPIRIT OF RAP MUSIC.
MOREOVER PEOPLE DIE FOR THIS,YEAH AND THAT'S THRUTH -HIP HOP  WILL NEVER DIE!!!
NOW IN TH21ST CENTURY WE ARE CREATING HISTORY,WE CHANGE THE WORLD WITH LYRICS,WITH MUSIC,WE PROVIDE THRUTH,BUT RAP IS NOT ONLY CLOSED STYLE(WE GOT REGGAE IN IT ROCK IN IT...)
WE ARE THE SOLDIERS,IN OUR LIFES,WE'RE CREATORS,WE DEVELOPE THE THRUTH!!!

J Bananas

Re: WHAT ABOUT RAP MUSIC OVA THA WORLD
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 12:00:14 PM »
Yeah rap is big all OVER the world, and people do seem to be getting rap. But I think to truly get full immersion in what hip hop is you have to have an understanding of the social situation thats bigger than hip hop. That's why (no offense to European cats) when people from other nations start doing hip hop I usually dont have an ear for em. And I'm usually right, hip hop is born from the cracks in American society
so when an outsider recreates it, it's usually nothing more than outsider music. They also always take it a step further because since they cant master our sound, they have no other choice but to change it a little bit, often having drum and bass influences or what have you, totally changing the original spirit of rap. So I don't wanna discourage you from loving hip hop, but if you truly wanna make a difference and not sound like some top 40 lovin suburban white kid, you need to come too the states and more importantly the cities where hip hop is prevalent. Go to the hood live there for a while, otherwise you'll just be a soldier for and creator of good beats you hear on the radio, and thatll never last.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 12:26:54 PM »
^ CO-SIGN, WELL SAID.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Cadaffi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 02:03:52 PM »
Yo Cadaffi is back ,
You know me the guy from outside the Usa,i really appriciate your advice but dog i wish i could fuck off from my country to taste real Rap thuggin life to taste tha streets and feel da history but everything goes to law,cuz if u re not from stains u gotta have a visa  fo 6 months,and really in that time u can work illegall in the Stains,but I think the apart from Uk which is my dream  to live at also I think that Sumthin gonna change in this case and fo sure i intend to Be In the usa,Live there listen and really really feel dat Hot Rap Shit while being in the Game.
Ya know all of u Americans-Be proud of being' the citizens of THE United States Of america,wherever u R from-Bay area,South,WEst or East.
We are the people ,and we didn't choose who did we wanna be and where to live at,as we came to this world.We are the people no matter what languages we speak or colour we are,The thing is the most important is whot keep in our minds.
BY THE WAY RAP IS INTERNATIONAL,SPIRIT OF IT IS THE PART OF EVERYONE WHO KNOWS DAT AND DEVELOPES THIS SHIT,SAME BEATS ,SIMILAR THINGS IN LYRICS,SAME TASTE OF CANABISS 8) SAME TASTE OF ALCOHOL AND SAME BEAUTYFUL BABIES OVA THA WORLD ;) .
                                      Amen!!!

rafsta

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 02:46:06 PM »
Yeah rap is big all OVER the world, and people do seem to be getting rap. But I think to truly get full immersion in what hip hop is you have to have an understanding of the social situation thats bigger than hip hop. That's why (no offense to European cats) when people from other nations start doing hip hop I usually dont have an ear for em. And I'm usually right, hip hop is born from the cracks in American society
so when an outsider recreates it, it's usually nothing more than outsider music. They also always take it a step further because since they cant master our sound, they have no other choice but to change it a little bit, often having drum and bass influences or what have you, totally changing the original spirit of rap. So I don't wanna discourage you from loving hip hop, but if you truly wanna make a difference and not sound like some top 40 lovin suburban white kid, you need to come too the states and more importantly the cities where hip hop is prevalent. Go to the hood live there for a while, otherwise you'll just be a soldier for and creator of good beats you hear on the radio, and thatll never last.

so you think rap should all sound like U.S.A style shit ??

And whats to say people listen to the radio and thats their influence ? man you on some non-sense, do you think the U.S is the only place with ghettos ? do you think there are no cracks in European society ?

LOL at you sayin "they cant master our sound" - what makes you think they would want to ? not everyone has to be exactly the same as you.

The sprit of rap is watever you make it, is the spirit of rap to you: condoning gang-bangin, pimpin and being a thug ? to me its expressing a struggle, expressing emotion, story telling whatever you want to do, there is no law on what rap should be.

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 12:24:34 AM »

And whats to say people listen to the radio and thats their influence ? man you on some non-sense, do you think the U.S is the only place with ghettos ? do you think there are no cracks in European society ?

LOL at you sayin "they cant master our sound" - what makes you think they would want to ? not everyone has to be exactly the same as you.

The sprit of rap is watever you make it, is the spirit of rap to you: condoning gang-bangin, pimpin and being a thug ? to me its expressing a struggle, expressing emotion, story telling whatever you want to do, there is no law on what rap should be.

Dog please, save it for Black History Month on VH1. The real origin of rap didnt come from an expression of ones true self at all, thats just rythym which is free expression found in every music. RAPPING, is originated from inside the black community back at the beginning of America, when as you can guess blacks and whites were in different worlds. When the prominent whites would try and survey over the working black colonies several slaves developed their own jive and presentation of ones self to purposely throw off the whites so they could not have total control. Rappin is basically talkin bullshit to another to purposely cloud things while sounding appealing at the same time. Why do you think it found such an easy outlet with RAP music? The simple drums and melodies that seemingly speak to everyone catches people offguard while the artist can manipulate the listeners thoughts and perpetuate his own opinion by putting a catchy rhyme to it. Any man can enforce his own image by putting a drum behind it. Hip hop has been a black mans game since it's conception and over the years these smart black men have learned how to feed off the curiosity and need to rebel in most mainstream white youth; thats why over 8% of kids who buy rap cds are white, and white corporations pour billions of dollars into perpetuating the commercial thug image, which almost all rappers attain the image of whether by choice or not. Mainstream American rap seems like an easy exploitation of ghetto reality to make a profit, but really the young white kids who have no idea of the origins of rap are the ones getting pimped. Much like the one's in Europe. If all they are basing their "RAP" music off of is what they heard come out of American radio, then they can't truly understand what rappin is. Don't be a sour euro because you're mad rap is a piece of American history you never bothered to really understand, but then again that's just westerner behavior, and you shouldn't get down on yourself for it.

Cadaffi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 02:28:11 AM »
Fo shizzle i agree wit u but,yes that is true dat rap is part of us history,but Why the american rapers travell all ova tha worl,why do they play concerts in europe Uk,France,Germany,Sweden etc.Why u tellin me thet if someone doesn't come frome the usa cant fell the rap spirit,but i must agree that people out of the States here the rap is being done in the Usa.
Whe wu tang co-operate wit french rapers,whe french rapers co-operate wit german or polish rapers,whe Masta Ace comes to Poland,why Afrika Bambatta comes to poland why Snoop and Dre comes to Uk.
SHIT!Rap is world wide,even in the Africa,all ova the world is poverty,thugs and pimps.
I agree that US shit is the truest form of Rap Music,but What about these co operations,the music,and the simillar life styyle.I think that is some kind of evolution!

rafsta

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 05:03:21 AM »

Dog please, save it for Black History Month on VH1. The real origin of rap didnt come from an expression of ones true self at all, thats just rythym which is free expression found in every music. RAPPING, is originated from inside the black community back at the beginning of America, when as you can guess blacks and whites were in different worlds. When the prominent whites would try and survey over the working black colonies several slaves developed their own jive and presentation of ones self to purposely throw off the whites so they could not have total control. Rappin is basically talkin bullshit to another to purposely cloud things while sounding appealing at the same time. Why do you think it found such an easy outlet with RAP music? The simple drums and melodies that seemingly speak to everyone catches people offguard while the artist can manipulate the listeners thoughts and perpetuate his own opinion by putting a catchy rhyme to it. Any man can enforce his own image by putting a drum behind it. Hip hop has been a black mans game since it's conception and over the years these smart black men have learned how to feed off the curiosity and need to rebel in most mainstream white youth; thats why over 8% of kids who buy rap cds are white, and white corporations pour billions of dollars into perpetuating the commercial thug image, which almost all rappers attain the image of whether by choice or not. Mainstream American rap seems like an easy exploitation of ghetto reality to make a profit, but really the young white kids who have no idea of the origins of rap are the ones getting pimped. Much like the one's in Europe. If all they are basing their "RAP" music off of is what they heard come out of American radio, then they can't truly understand what rappin is. Don't be a sour euro because you're mad rap is a piece of American history you never bothered to really understand, but then again that's just westerner behavior, and you shouldn't get down on yourself for it.

Man i'm not getting myself down on anything, im not even European, how can you come on the net not knowin me and say i dont understand hip-hop ? fuck outta here with ure patriotic bullshit.

And if you look further down in history Rap and hip-hop originated from Africa, reggae, so maybe you should get ureself to Africa to truly understand what hip-hop is... try gettin out of ure city before you start talkin about the rest of the world.

And one more thing, have you bothered listening to any European hip-hop ? can you understand it to judge it ? or you goin off ure lil presumptions again ? because i doubt you understand Polish or French music... From what i've seen and heard for myself european hip-hop is all street, there is no dis-respect to women like U.S hip-hop, there is no flossin, they dont wear 10kg's of steel around their neck, dont have gold in their mouth lookin like a damn fool, just street rhymes, tellin shit how it is...

if you have listened to European hip-hop maybe you should try listening to the shit not on the radio, and try understanding it before you judge it.

rafsta

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 06:09:41 AM »
last thing i goto say to you, instead of bein a racist black man, you should be a proud black man, that the music coming from poverty stricken black neighborhoods are heard and respected by all nationalities, dont give me that bullshit that rap is for black people only, if you dont like european hip-hop i have no quarm with it, just dont talk that shit, that if someone else wants to contribute to the hip-hop scene they should come live in the hood and understand what its about...

youre on some naive bullshit.

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 11:39:17 AM »
Dude you still dont make sense. rap didnt start in Africa. The rythym in rap did. eurpoean hip hop does sound good, I listen to it. I like hearin the wu collaborations with french rappers, I'm not attacking your way of doing things. I was just responding to this Fake ass Ali G's post. Lets not make this a pissing contest because youre mad you dont know shit. If you want to make a valid comment that you know will produce a reaction, do your homework. All rap shouldnt sound like its from the US, but for someone too suddenly take rap and say it's just a free expression of whatever you want, then theyre on some naive bullshit. I dont even know why I'm arguing with you cats, you're just another product of good beats and commerical bullshit. You are still misssing the point as a whole in that rap music is not a claim to faim, its not supposed to be hopeful. It's a mental game to distract others. Of course you dont see that because you're so deeply entrenched in the "rap culture" that youre blind to everything else. I shouldnt even be arguing this if you're not gonna try and see things from another perspective. And one more thing, I'm not getting down on you for being of European descent, I am too. I've just lived a life of many different experiences and living conditions and I study history. Rap music has made alot of black families rich, but so has drugs, just because rap gets you money doesn't make it a positive addition to the community.

rafsta

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 12:11:49 PM »
man i'm talkin about apples u oranges, i think i just mis-interpreted what you said...

maybe you take rap more seriously than i do, wateva, a difference in opinion.

peace.

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 12:29:17 PM »
Fersure, if you look at the big picture its all just perspective anyway. peace