Author Topic: Post Pics of your bedrooms/cribs  (Read 3151 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: Post Pics of your bedrooms/cribs
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2005, 12:35:48 AM »
ye you know is fucked up house pricez over here (uk) try livin in london, they try n mugg you for every penny you got for a flat or a house,

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2005, 12:42:41 AM »
so what is like the average price of a house in your neighborhood overseer, in usd?

Don Seer

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2005, 01:55:21 AM »
i live in a 3 bed house.. the 3rd bedroom (my sisters room) is pretty small though..

according to http://www.nethouseprices.com (anyone in the UK can see what houses in their street went for within the last few years)

the house opposite mine whent for 183K this tmie last year.. however 7 months before it went for 120K and a guy spent about 4 months travelling to do it up over those 4 months.

i think ours is worth around 175,000.00 GBP which is = 317,721.40 USD

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2005, 02:02:48 AM »
yeah we have some high muthafuckin rates

Don Seer

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2005, 02:09:38 AM »
yeah in the last 3 years prices have doubled if not more...

people are saying either one of two things will happen.

1) they will stagnate and as inflation puts up the amount of money in peoples pockets that they can afford them easily again things will pick up.

2a) if interest rates go up (which they are) the people that stretched themselves to afford houses (rumoured to be lots..) will all be fucked and forced to sell..  which means a bunch of houses coming on to the market cheap...

2b) there was a huge fashioable trend for people to "buy to rent" houses.. on average they'd have about 10 houses in their portfolios.. when the market was booming 2 years ago this was a very good way to fast money.. HOWEVER.. now interest rates are climbing these people cant actually cover their costs with the rent coming in... if these guys go tits up thats big clumps of houses coming on to the market.

there are signs that '1' is already happening
however... '2' is a possible scenario...

so while i've got no hassles with my living situation and no other commitments or immediate need to move (like moving in with a g/f) i'mma sit still and stack my paper and let things play out..

BBC indepth guide to UK property market >>  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/business/mortgages/default.stm
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 02:18:12 AM by Overseer »

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2005, 05:37:26 AM »
On my street the average sale price is £75k! That's nothing. That's based on 6 sales too. Surely it has to be higher then that. Or maybe the houses were just sold when getting into the property market was a lot cheaper.

Right now the house I'm living in is worth 180, it's pretty much the same as most of the other houses on my street. A bloke two doors up is selling his house for 205. Did a search for my town too and the average sale price is generally well below 100k. Now I know just from looking at the Property Guide that trying to get any house in this area for under 100k is pretty much impossible. If you go into nicer parts of Sheffield then you can't get anything for under 120k.

Only houses you can get for under 100k is in areas rougher then a badgers arse, always terraces, and always with some pikey cunt living next door.

Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Diabolical

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2005, 08:26:53 AM »
When we bought this house in 98 it was worth £80k brand new, 4 bedrooms + en suite(extra bathroom).
Back then the area wasnt finished and the roads were shit.
Now houses the same are selling for £155,000

Don Seer

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2005, 08:28:42 AM »

OiYou!.. You can go past the average price and look at the hisotry by following another link to see which house #'s went for what and when.

the averages are fucked due to the price hikes

Acgrundy

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2005, 12:07:20 PM »
yeah its nuts.. i dont earn a huge amount, but most of my mates earn less than i do... some couples i know can actually borrow less than i can.. because their combined salaries * 2.5 is less then the 3.5 * my salary i can get on my own.

by the end of the year i should be 10k towards my 30k target.. even then i'll only be able to get a rough 2 bed house.. things will get easier though as my wages are likely to go up before i'm done, so i'll be able to borrow more too..

my plan is to keep saving either until i can afford it on my own.. or goin in with a g/f makes it easier-ish

lol, at the end of this year you will be at 10k for your 30k mark?  how old are you already?  do the smart thing man, put the 10k down and get a house.  you don't wanna rent a room out becuz why?  man that is at least 25% of a mortgage pmt that you can get out of one renter for a place in your price range.  why figure that the first house you buy has to be the house you live in for the rest of your life?  real estate is an investment, not just a place to live.  shit by the time you actually have 30k saved up, property prices may have gone up at a greater rate and interest rates could be so high, that you are actually in a worse position than you were with your 10k.  put 10k down, take out an interest only loan.  do a lot of research on what you are going to buy, make sure there is a damn near 100% chance that it will not take a loss in the next couple of years.  buy it with an interest only loan, you're monthly mortgage payments will be pretty cheap.  rent a room out, fuck rent 2 out.  after 2 years, as long as the place has increased in value, sell it.  get something else.  shit man, in 2 years I'm gonna have 10k saved, maybe more, but at least 10k.  I'm doing just as I said.  I'll be going through a lot of houses.  buy shit that you can fix up and improve, its a pretty cool hobby when you do it for your own place.  Man there is homes that sell for $0 down, 10k is plenty enough money to put down, I say waiting til 30k, especially at your age, is a very bad idea.

no i cant afford it yet. let me explain something.. thats 10k UK money.. thats 18K USD..

over here a 1 bed apartment OR a 1 bed starter home currently runs at around 85K to 100K (in USD thats 154K -> 181K)

a small 2 bed house can be got for between 95K and 125K depending upon where it is etc..

the property market here is fucked at the moment.. there is a record all time low of first time buyers entering the market.. .prices have stopped and are falling in some places.. they also just upped the limit for a thing called stamp duty.. which is a property tax.. they put this at 120K. this means that if you buy a house under 120K you dont have to pay any tax.. which is a good thing.

so you just gave a lot of valid points on why you should buy now.  prices are stopped rising and even falling?  that is a great time to buy.  keep you eyes on peices and when they have fallin quite a bit, buy.  those prices are not bad.  and the whole tax thing is great.  don't you get it, they are trying to encourage people to buy the cheaper stuff now, instead of waiting like you are and not investing right now.  why not buy something hella cheap and shitty, and just fix it up.  you gotta pay regardless to live somewhere, might as well have that money go into equity for ya, rather than thin air like rent money does.

Don Seer

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:32 PM »
yeah thing is man.. prices went crazy.. they gotta fall some more.. then i can sawwwwooooooop.. haha...

i gotta save a bunch more.. and i have my eye on prices..

i wish i earned what i do now 3 years ago.. i coulda got a 3 bed house for the price of a 1 now..

things are still up in the air. the media is full of 'first time buyers cant afford houses' etc etc..
bankruptcies are at a record high etc.. today is a bad bad time to buy a house

the current average age for a first time buyer over here is now 36!!

Diabolical

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2005, 01:18:55 PM »
^yeah they are really high, i dont think they will fall much anytime soon though.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2005, 07:51:07 PM »
This pic just looks so much like a hospital to me ???

hahah...That piece of shit looks like a fucking nursing home,sit there and wait for a 98yr old bitch to die...lol. I thank God I don't live in poverty
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 04:21:56 PM by Mr. Tongue Twista: The Legend Continues!! »

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2005, 08:51:12 PM »
LMAO^^

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2005, 09:31:10 PM »
LOL @ Mauzip's room... looks like he's stuck in a mental institute or somethin...

UAK

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2005, 09:35:55 PM »
LOL @ Mauzip's room... looks like he's stuck in a mental institute or somethin...

I think that's his dorm room ;D