Author Topic: Answer truthfully!  (Read 300 times)

Don Mega

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Doggpound just for the fuck of it
Answer truthfully!
« on: July 22, 2002, 01:14:53 AM »
This came to my mind when i read the post about snoop oughta stop putting his name on his artists records. Now answer this: If any of y'all heard kokane, tray dee, goldie loc or any other of those cats..... i might even say xzibit and it wasnt at first snoop affiliated, would you buy their records? im sure 90 % of this board wouldn't. as for me i bought the eastsidaz and doggys angels but i would never ever buy a solo by a artist like tray dee. As for xzibit... well thats a different situation, i bought his first album when it came out then i slept on his second album then bought his third and then the second.

And remember to answer TRUTHFULLY.... and its NO AFFILIATION to snoop what so ever
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Answer truthfully!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 01:21:38 AM »
thats a though question cause most people will say theyd buy tray deee's album either way, but if it wasnt for dre and snoop, you probably wouldnt know about him, bad azz, goldie loc etc.
but I can tell you that I wouldnt buy Doggys Angels, cause they wouldnt be shit without him, and I probably wouldnt buy Kokanes solo album.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 05:07:45 AM »
Id still be on the look out for them if Snoop wasn't involved.  Id buy an album like Tray Dees.

Axle
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 05:16:15 AM »
Like Lil Jay said that is a tough question.  I got into Xzibit from Bitch Pleez, and now I own 2 of his albums.  Tray Deee I am sure I would buy no matter what, he is like my favorite rapper right now.  It is more of getting introduced to rappers.  And I feel Snoop does good from what he does.  He introduced me to many rappers that I really like now such as Xzibit, Tray D, Goldie Loc.  It doesn't matter to me if Snoop introduces them, but some of these guys may have never been heard by many peeps if it wasn't for snoop.

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 05:20:53 AM »
obviously i wouldnt have never heard of techniec, soopafly, daz, kurupt, tray deee, bad azz, goldie loc if they werent snoop affliated...sure they coulda came up with big c style but that is a snoop affiliation...but i like all of them....i like em better without snoop....he brings nothing to the table for them....and koke has 3 albums....non of which were snoop affiliated....i own 2 of them....xzibit has 3 albums...the best 2 are not snoop affiliated....i own them both....

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2002, 05:26:48 AM »
I bought "40 Dayz 40 Nightz" back in the day because I heard that Mel-Man produced a track on it and I liked the "What U See Is What U Get" video that was popular on BET back then.  

As far as all those other cats you mentioned, your on point.  Here's a list of all the artist I probably wouldn't have been interested in if they weren't Snoop affiliated.

Tray Dee
Goldie Loc
Bad Azz
Kokane
Techniec

murderer

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2002, 07:25:02 AM »
this is a great question so i'll answer truthfully.

i would buy tray dee and xzibit album no matter what, i've already had 40 days and 40 nights before his collabo with snoop and tray dee, i'm just digging his style

also, the melman produced track on the 40 days and nightz album is "LA times" which is a classic track

now goldie loc, doggys angels, and kokane, HELL NO. i don't even buy their records now with snoop involved (except for the eastsidaz) so what makes you think i'll buy their records with no snoop??

-murderer

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2002, 09:17:54 AM »
i wouldda gottin into kokane cuz of eazy-e but 4 every1 else it iz cuz of snoop lol

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2002, 09:50:35 AM »
Hell yeah.. I would still listen to them. I was listening to Kokane way before he even worked with Snoop.. He did alot for Above The Law's "Uncle Sam's Curse".. that cd's a straight West Coast Classic.

Tray Dee is just fuckin tight.. I would buy his cd if it had NO Snoop appearances at all. I got both Bad Azz cd's, Soopafly's cd, both Eastsidaz... all kinds of DPG shit... but I dont buy them for Snoop's name...

Alot of them wouldn't even be around without Snoop. I like Snoop Dogg, It's alwayz cool when he does appearances on their cd's.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2002, 10:29:30 AM »
I bought "40 Dayz 40 Nightz" back in the day because I heard that Mel-Man produced a track on it and I liked the "What U See Is What U Get" video that was popular on BET back then.  

As far as all those other cats you mentioned, your on point.  Here's a list of all the artist I probably wouldn't have been interested in if they weren't Snoop affiliated.

Tray Dee
Goldie Loc
Bad Azz
Kokane
Techniec

Pretty much on point with my situation. I cought onto X's second album, and was a fan from there on out, but the rest I wouldn't have bought, or listened too had Snoop not been affiliated.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2002, 02:34:28 PM »
i got into xzibit when i first heard paparazzi so i baught speed of life then what u see is what u get now n restless when that came out. tray deees stuff i love i got pretty much all the songs hes been on but snoop put him out i may not have known about him b4 but i like him. with kokanes i love his shit but i have only recently gotten into him (whatchout for Ka_Rizzle_Presents_Kokane-WCC) after hearin him on the last meal. i have both bad azz's albums but i'm not really a very big fan i wud only know about him cos of snoop but hes not the reason i baught em. so basically snoop has introduced em to me and i have liked em but its not like its snoop affiliated that i like em so he ain't the reason for buying their albums.  as i won't buy a soopafly album cos i reallyin fealing him.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2002, 07:01:22 PM »
Me and my sister actually use to have Kokane, Funk Apon A Rhyme, on Ruthless. It came in the CD player we bought, so it was like cool. I listened to it, and liked it. Xzibit had been played in L.A. since '96, so when I came to Minnesota, and no Xzibit, I was like what the fuck. They finally heard him on B Please, as others knew him since What You See Is What You Get. The Dogg Pound people, no, as that's what they are known for. No Trey Deee, though Murder Was The Case was his debut, with Snoop, and Goldie was also with Snoop on his debut on No Limit Top Dogg.

Don Mega

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Doggpound just for the fuck of it
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2002, 10:47:46 PM »
tight to see people seeing that snoop only does good for his artists with his "snoop dogg presents". It just seemed as if there was a negative attitude towards it in the other thread

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2002, 01:43:55 PM »
I'd buy Tray Dee and Kokane, but that's probably it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

verbalassaulta

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2002, 04:12:16 PM »
yes i would buy tray dee...i thought he was dope the first time i heard him on murder was the case and like him on daz's and kurupts solo albums...i would never buy a kokane or doggy's bitches album even if snoop is on every song