Author Topic: Newsweek Is Not Alone  (Read 672 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Newsweek Is Not Alone
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 03:03:15 PM »
maybe it wasn't gramatically correct and the spelling wasn't great but hey my post never are, this is old ground your not going to get me to make an effort just to impress you. you are no better than me, your points are no more valid than mine because they maybe constructed in the queens english (well american bastardised english).  if you couldn't understand what i said in my origional post i suggest you go back to school.

The bush administration was very critical of newsweek, if you don't believe political pressure (direct or indirect) led to the retraction then you really are nieve....if you want me to explain it in simpler terms and go through the chain of events i'll be happy to do that for you.

I am better than you because my points are based on common sense.
it only takes an oz of common sense to understand politicians don't always tell the truth and you sometimes have to read between the lines.
also newsweek's retraction wasnt a full and frank retraction, it was a very weak one...

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Woodrow

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 08:13:30 PM »
it only takes an oz of common sense to understand politicians don't always tell the truth and you sometimes have to read between the lines.
also newsweek's retraction wasnt a full and frank retraction, it was a very weak one...
How are you gonna tell me to read between the lines when you struggle to read?!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 09:30:26 PM by Woodrow »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 09:28:54 PM »
You continue to ignore the fact that Newsweek recieved approval from the Pentago to run this story before printing it.

No they didn't. I saw the interview they had with the Newsweek guy. They said the Pentagon didn't even respond when they sent the article in. They waited like 11 days for an okay, but nothing, so they printed it. I would have done the same if I didn't get any response, but you have to admit, there is a difference.

I read they recieved approval, but if that is the case I stand corrected.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 09:31:53 PM »
Desecration of Koran Had Been Reported Before

By Carol D. Leonnig
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, May 18, 2005; Page A12

Newsweek magazine's now-retracted story that a military guard at the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, flushed a copy of the Koran down a toilet has sparked angry denunciations by the White House and the Pentagon, which have linked the article to Muslim riots and deaths abroad.

But American and international media have widely reported similar allegations from detainees and others of desecration of the Muslim holy book for more than two years.

----

The story has been around for months as I've said multiple times, and still the bigots are arguing what happened in Afghanistan is entirely the fault of Newsweek. Hysterical.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/17/AR2005051701315.html

Woodrow

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 09:37:53 PM »
Time and time again you tried to pretend I'm arguing about the veracity of this story when that has never been the case.
:eh:

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 09:51:34 PM »
Reason # 3253 why Englewood will never be Tech

Bitch, its ok to clown posters, insult em, disrespect em, laugh at em etc ONLY IF U CAN REFUTE WHAT THEY SAY

::) this lame runnin around the ring.....get close to Don Rizzle so he can knock ya ass out
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 12:44:52 AM »
everyone makes mistakes.....bush and fam. have made worse ones

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 02:43:27 AM »
Either way you look at it, the story being true or not, people were murdered over a fucking book. Yeah, so US troops were flushing pages of the Quaran down the toilet? At least they aren't driving cars full of explosives into the middle of a crowd, killing their own people. I mean, some of yall act like tearing pages out of a book is the worst thing ever. They are trying to interagate people who murder.

And what would happen if they captured a US troop? Give them hot tea and a bath? Fuck no. They would kill them.

And no one here can talk. The troops are over there worried about getting shot or blown up everyday. They aren't over their trying to convert people to christianity, they are over there to bring some stability to a place full of poverty. People just don't understand, the quicker they can get a working government up and a full police force, the US troops will almost all leave. The Iraqis don't want them there, and I'm sure the troops don't want to be there. But no, they can't make this easier.

Yeah, atleast the US Military never kills anybody.  And they are actually in Iraq to relieve poverty by stealing all their oil revunue.  And the country doesn't have electricity much anymore, but hey, it's all the fault of the insurgents.

Yeah, atleast the US Soldiers aren't killing anybody, right?

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Thirteen

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 10:11:34 AM »
Either way you look at it, the story being true or not, people were murdered over a fucking book. Yeah, so US troops were flushing pages of the Quaran down the toilet? At least they aren't driving cars full of explosives into the middle of a crowd, killing their own people. I mean, some of yall act like tearing pages out of a book is the worst thing ever. They are trying to interagate people who murder.

And what would happen if they captured a US troop? Give them hot tea and a bath? Fuck no. They would kill them.

And no one here can talk. The troops are over there worried about getting shot or blown up everyday. They aren't over their trying to convert people to christianity, they are over there to bring some stability to a place full of poverty. People just don't understand, the quicker they can get a working government up and a full police force, the US troops will almost all leave. The Iraqis don't want them there, and I'm sure the troops don't want to be there. But no, they can't make this easier.

Yeah, atleast the US Military never kills anybody.  And they are actually in Iraq to relieve poverty by stealing all their oil revunue.  And the country doesn't have electricity much anymore, but hey, it's all the fault of the insurgents.

hey crazy ass cracker. wasn't Sadaam stealing all the oil revanue... oooooh but your muslim ass wasn't complaining about that probably because allah was punishing the iraqis with starvation and sadaam was just doing allah's will

can't you make one post without saying something totally retarded?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 12:46:47 PM »

I'm talking about captured insurgents. No, the American government is walking on eggshells, so they don't kill anyone they have captured. And I'm pretty sure the soldiers don't just fire on anyone standing outside.

You want to talk about the flow of money through Iraq? LOL...The hundreds of thousands of US troops in Iraq don't buy anything? How about the fact that billions of OUR money is going to build new businesses for them? I guess that doesn't count for anything at all. And like Needles said, Saddam was making a mockery out of the Oil For Food program. I guess it's more important to make another 24k life-sized golden elephant than to feed his own countrymen.

And yes, it is the insurgents fault Iraq does not have power, unless of course a power grid went down by itself.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 01:58:49 PM »

hey crazy ass cracker. wasn't Sadaam stealing all the oil revanue... oooooh but your muslim ass wasn't complaining about that probably because allah was punishing the iraqis with starvation and sadaam was just doing allah's will

can't you make one post without saying something totally retarded?

Cracker, what u fail to realize is NO ONE WAS DEFENDING SADDAM. BUT U DUMB HICKS ARE DEFENDING BUSH?!?!?!?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 04:14:24 PM »
basically saddam and bush both fucked over iraq in their own ways, however now its been done we can't change that so I hope we can move on, the coalition is there to stay until there is calm, the insurgency only prolongs the occupation and is punishing the ordinary iraqi citizens. but its a game of give and take americans shouldn't be so antagonistic and heavy handed, they should really be looking to follow the british example which although is not perfect (it never will be) I believe we have played a positive role in our effort to rebuild iraq and keep calm.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005, 04:35:40 PM »
basically saddam and bush both fucked over iraq in their own ways, however now its been done we can't change that so I hope we can move on, the coalition is there to stay until there is calm, the insurgency only prolongs the occupation and is punishing the ordinary iraqi citizens. but its a game of give and take americans shouldn't be so antagonistic and heavy handed, they should really be looking to follow the british example which although is not perfect (it never will be) I believe we have played a positive role in our effort to rebuild iraq and keep calm.

You got it backwards, the occupation only prolongs the insurgency, don't get it twisted!  Al Sadr is a Shiite Imam and his family was historically oppressed by Saddaam Hussien's regime, and his assesment was just this, "The little serpent is out and the big serpent is in."
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Woodrow

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2005, 05:35:25 PM »
You got it backwards, the occupation only prolongs the insurgency, don't get it twisted!  Al Sadr is a Shiite Imam and his family was historically oppressed by Saddaam Hussien's regime, and his assesment was just this, "The little serpent is out and the big serpent is in."
Why do you even try and contribute to any discussion? It makes you look like an even bigger moron.

Remember when you thought these terrorists weren't being paid and you laughed and laughed at my statement?  I provided you with proof, and you deleted your post.

Now you're talking like Al Sadr is a legitimate politican.

Let's take a look at the man you've quoted:

Al-Sadr linked to mass killings
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040901-124008-3160r.htm\

Al-Sadr's aide: keep captured female soldiers as slaves
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/5704-iraq-slaves.html

Al-Sadr's men selling heroin
http://www.washingtontimes.com/world/20041011-123953-3820r.htm

You haven't got a clue what's going on in Iraq, but that’s the least of your worries.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2005, 09:01:33 PM »

Cracker, what u fail to realize is NO ONE WAS DEFENDING SADDAM. BUT U DUMB HICKS ARE DEFENDING BUSH?!?!?!?

Who here is defending Bush? I'm defending common sense and decency. Saddam was a crazy asshole. So is Bush, but at least he isn't gassing his own people.