Author Topic: Is Dave Chapelle a Muslim?  (Read 643 times)

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
Is Dave Chapelle a Muslim?
« on: May 18, 2005, 05:06:07 AM »
Any Infos? ???

Kal EL

Re: Is Dave Chapelle a Muslim?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 06:49:29 AM »
Yes. Go to Time.Com and his interview he discusses it briefly.

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 11:18:06 AM »
he's a celebrity muslim though, so he still has a personality and it's obvious he doesn't follow all the rules. sticky icky

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 01:57:31 PM »
he's a celebrity muslim though, so he still has a personality and it's obvious he doesn't follow all the rules. sticky icky

lol ...what the fuck is a celebrity muslim?

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 02:09:03 PM »

What is that supposed to mean?  Do you even have any Muslim friends to know what kind of personality and character they have? 

And if your saying he doesn't follow the rules because he smokes weed ("sticky icky"), it is alcohol that is forbidden in the Qu'ran but weed isn't forbidden in the Qu'ran, and even as far back as the before the Ottoman Empire era you had Muslim travelers like Ibn Battuta reporting of Turkish Muslim societies smoking what they translated in English as being "hashish".  Although Ibn Battuta was disgusted by this, he said they were some of the most pious and pleasant people he had met in his 14th century travels across the Muslim world. 

It's an issue that's debated by scholars but it's not clealy forbidden as is the case with alcohol.  The Qu'ran is generally against anything or substance that alters ones consciousness, so along those lines some scholars make rulings that these substances are forbidden, but Allah is the best knower.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 02:13:46 PM by The Imam »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 02:16:05 PM »
Yes. Go to Time.Com and his interview he discusses it briefly.

Here is the article (and may Allah send blessings upon him)

This is Chappelle's second trip to South Africa. He first came to Durban, and visited Salim, in 2000. Chappelle won't tell me exactly how he met Salim but describes him as a family friend. A soft-spoken Muslim, Salim seems also to be something of a sounding board to Chappelle, who converted to Islam several years ago. While Chappelle is not doing a formal religious course in Durban, says Salim, who wore a simple cotton robe and hung back through the interview and photo shoot and only spoke when I asked him a question, "if he wants to talk religion then I'm there as someone to talk to." Says Chappelle: "This is kind of my spot where I can come to fill my spirit back up. Sometimes you neglect these things if you are running on a corporate schedule." The crux of his crisis seems to boil down to his almost obsessive need to "check my intentions." He uses the phrase a few times during the interview and explains that it means really making sure that he's doing what he's doing for the right reasons.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1061415,00.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 02:22:31 PM by The Imam »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 02:17:15 PM »
*stuffs a 20 into a century sam*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 03:49:47 PM »
weed is forbidden in islam
any thing that basically fux with ur head is forbidden
alcohol, weed, drygs watever twists u is forbidden
never knew dave chapelle was muslim
wats his muslim name
is it dawood?

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 04:13:49 PM »
I was wrong about the celebrity muslim comment. i just dont see such a brilliant guy like chappelle getting sidetracked by religion, especially Islam. If he's enlightened to the so many issues he makes fun of do you really think he'd waste his time praying five times a day wearing a kufi to some omnipotent parental figure. I think it's black culture influencing one of it's spokesmen, not his true path in life. but thats just one cynical white mans opinion

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 04:38:34 PM »
I was wrong about the celebrity muslim comment. i just dont see such a brilliant guy like chappelle getting sidetracked by religion, especially Islam. If he's enlightened to the so many issues he makes fun of do you really think he'd waste his time praying five times a day wearing a kufi to some omnipotent parental figure. I think it's black culture influencing one of it's spokesmen, not his true path in life. but thats just one cynical white mans opinion

"Sidetracked"?  What do you mean sidetracked?  How do you know that the inspiration for his "brillance" and "enlightenment" isn't directly due to his submission to Allah?   Obviously, it is an intrical part of his life, or he wouldn't have left for South Africa to re-new his intentions with Allah.

And do you really care about him?  He doesn't want to end up like many other comedians and entertainers have ended up.  He should be supported in his efforts to refocus himself spiritually.  But ya'll just want another funny black guy to laugh at, you don't really care about him as a person.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 04:55:21 PM by The Imam »

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 05:23:08 PM »
"Sidetracked"?  What do you mean sidetracked?  How do you know that the inspiration for his "brillance" and "enlightenment" isn't directly due to his submission to Allah?   Obviously, it is an intrical part of his life, or he wouldn't have left for South Africa to re-new his intentions with Allah.
Because he converted to islam a couple of years ago. It’s no like allah made him funny. Plus, how do you know he went South Africa to study religion? I didn't get that from the article at all. It sounded like he just wanted to get away from everything.

Sidetrack: What does intrical mean?

And do you really care about him?  He doesn't want to end up like many other comedians and entertainers have ended up.  He should be supported in his efforts to refocus himself spiritually.  But ya'll just want another funny black guy to laugh at, you don't really care about him as a person.
Please don't talk like you're Mr. Compassionate. You're a fucking clown who thinks his God punishes people with tsunamis. Yeah.

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 06:50:25 PM »
Please don't talk like you're Mr. Compassionate. You're a fucking clown who thinks his God punishes people with tsunamis. Yeah.
LOL genius.

And Bryan who are you trying to fool, seriously dog, stop it. just stop.

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 06:50:38 PM »
stop.

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 04:27:54 AM »

And do you really care about him? He doesn't want to end up like many other comedians and entertainers have ended up. He should be supported in his efforts to refocus himself spiritually. But ya'll just want another funny black guy to laugh at, you don't really care about him as a person.
And you do?
you talk to him daily and shit?
for real fuck allah

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 08:41:36 AM »
Who cares if hes Muslim or not?

All I care about is if Season 3 actually makes it