Author Topic: Em Gets 4 Mics  (Read 747 times)

The Big Bad Ass

Re: Em Gets 4 Mics
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2002, 09:00:04 AM »
"5 mics in the source, aint holdin my fuckin breath"

They commented on this line in the review. Probably the main reason he didn't get more than 4.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2002, 09:21:28 AM »

They commented on this line in the review. Probably the main reason he didn't get more than 4.

Hey man, could you type or scan up the review, I would REALLY appreciate it  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2002, 10:02:10 AM »
I find it hilarious when the Hot Boyz get better ratings than Eminem in the Source.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2002, 10:50:38 AM »
They're East Coast Dick Riderz, wachu expect.......

Yall go get Murder Dog, They tha only ones that Keep It Real......XXL can be coo sometimes too......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2002, 11:31:06 AM »
They're East Coast Dick Riderz, wachu expect.......

Yall go get Murder Dog, They tha only ones that Keep It Real......XXL can be coo sometimes too......

dont forget Rime Magazine

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2002, 02:05:23 PM »

A well deserved 4 mic's...

Congrat's Eminem.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2002, 02:09:45 PM »
>= link=board=general;num=1026109311;start=0#16 date=07/08/02 at 14:21:28]

Hey man, could you type or scan up the review, I would REALLY appreciate it  :)

Don't have a scanner, but I'll type it up here in a bit.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2002, 02:28:50 PM »
I dont agree with tha source's decision, if they can give blueprint 5mics, why not eminem?  Its atleast a 4.5mic album...

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2002, 03:43:57 PM »
I couldn't find the review online, so I typed it out.
Picture this: In one corner a blonde haired blue eyed contender with a devastating blow and his first shot at the title. Standing opposite, a champion who could be one of any of the following: a 6 foot something brooklynite with blueprint trunks  known for hitting below the belt, or a smaller cat out of queensbridge who climbed the ranks by outsmarting his opponents. Or better yet, an older guy with a tattooed microphone on his arm brought outta retirment to defend the title one last time. Imagine the threat.

The result could quite possibly be scary.  Eminems lyrical composite nears complexity, humor, entertainment, and reality, topped with an incredible on beat flow, Eminem is a pound for pound monster. And as seen on his prior albums the sslp, and the mmlp high lighted by songs like stan and guilty conscience, he has better songwriting skills than the average rap scribe. Lyrically his third album, the eminem show, supports his cause.

The lead off single without me flaunts the idea that eminem might triumph in what could be the best battle hip hop has ever seen. Rhyme after ryhme he comes correct, dropping jewels at an incredible pace. Then he boldly spits "thogh I'm not the first king of controversy I am the worst thing since elvis prestly to do black music so selfishly and use it to get myself wealth.  Hey, eminem doesn't deny whats going on here. He is fully aware that the color of his skin has earned him a place in hip hop that he might not have otherwise.

Truth of the matter is, there are probably a million rhyme animals in the hood that could knock the top dawgs out their spot.  But they won't have the chance to. Marshall has the opportunity and he'll be damned if he doesn't prove his worthiness among hip hop's elite. This he knows is the only way to earn the respect he so anxiously awaits.

So on till I collapse, he extends an invitation: "soon as a verse starts I eat MC's heart/what is he thinkin how not to go against me  smart/... the fact is I would rather sit back and bomb some rappers/ so this is like a full blown attack I'm launching at em/ the track is on some battling rap who wants some static/ cuz I don't really think that the fact that I"m slim matters/ a plaque and platinum status is wack if I'm not the baddest".

But if it's a battle that slim shady wants, then it's a battle he'll get. Only it won't be a championship bout just yet. The more likely opponent first time out will be rapper canibus, who called em out on his last lp. Em takes a couple of shots back on his new album. I'll be breif and let me just keep shit simple, canibitch don't want no beef with slim/ not even on my radar so won't you please jump off my didck, lay off and stay off, he angrily raps on square dance. Then on say what you say he brings canibus up again.. If you ever mix me up or confuse me with a canibus or dre with a dupri/ we'll rub it in in every club your in, we'll have you black balled and make sure you never rap a fuckin'gain. Where previous disses have been directed at lame ducks such as Britney Spears, Moby or Nsync, Em takes a swing at someone relevant to the sport of hip hop.

When he's picking a fight with someone who can swing back, em makes great hip hop. And when he does so over a dre produced track, it's even better. Say what you say, and business sound like they belong on the third installment of the Chronic. (HINT: Dre, Save hip hop please!)  But because Dre is only responsible for 2 of the albums cuts, eminem loses momentum.

The problem here lies in Ems choice to produce most of the LP's tracks. He satisfies the "pop" (read: "white") audience with an aerosmith rmake (sing for the moement) and the rock influenced White America. Which will most likely be fast foward by most hip hop heads. Ironically on the latter, Em comes off as a threat to caucasians in power.

But actually, eminem is at his best when he reaches a compromise. On cleaning out my closet, mr mathers discloses his own personal drama. ANd it's the true to life rhymes that speak to hiphop and everyone, for that matter. The songs slow tempo make it easier for to concentrate on what Em is saying. Rather than the spewing a few punch lines at his mother, Em goes into detail about his issues with her.

And on Superman, slim unfolds the truth to the male psyche. He admits that being your superman is not on his agenda (unless of course you are mariah). He rambles, but I guess thats just what sluts do/ how could it ever be just us two/ Id never love you enough to trust you/ we just met and I just fucked you. Whatever.

So why isn't MM holding his breath? (five mics in the source, Ain't holdin my fuckin breath) Probably because he knows that with the Em show, he hasn't done anything new. (see redmans whut the album 1992) Theres alot to be considered when determining whether an album is a hip hop classic. Originality is one, growth is another. The list goes on, but you get the point.

First week sales for the Eminem show were somewhere around 1.3 mil. But to the hip hop community it doesn't mean shit. Some of our icons never even went gold. Eminem knows he still has a lot to prove. And when the day comes for him to do so, we'll be sitting front row.

FUCK That took forever. Anyways, I thought this shit was pretty sad. The last 2 paragraphs showed the Sources true colors. He got 4 mics, and 4.5 is superior. I have a hard time accepting that this album was not superior. Swizz Beats album got a 3.5, and Styles who's album is appearently as good as slim got 4. Damn these guys ride east dick.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2002, 03:45:06 PM »
Oh yeah, and the Blueprint Trunks comment was gay as fuck.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2002, 04:32:58 PM »
Stillmatic - 5 mics
Blueprint - 5 mics
Eminem Show - 4 mics
::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I done bought my last The Sauce
From here on it's just XXL for me

I'm gonna shit on every topic discussing The Sauce's rating system, and how many mics the albums get.
FUCK 'EM

llllllllllllllol you gonna boycott the source just because of their fucked up rating system, thats too much funny...

if the source would have gave 5 mics to em, i know most people here would be happy but some people here would still diss the source for their rating system , and they would say that the source now give too much classic status, people already bitchin about the source giving classic mark on blueprint and stillmatic, but first they were all happy as fuck, strange  :-/
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

S.G.V.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2002, 08:36:07 PM »
man like ive been saying FUCK THE SOURCE....thats only one persons opinion....its not the sources opinion as a whole...its the writers opinion....ONE FUCKING PERSON....

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2002, 03:52:44 AM »
I couldn't find the review online, so I typed it out.
Picture this: In one corner a blonde haired blue eyed contender with a devastating blow and his first shot at the title. Standing opposite, a champion who could be one of any of the following: a 6 foot something brooklynite with blueprint trunks  known for hitting below the belt, or a smaller cat out of queensbridge who climbed the ranks by outsmarting his opponents. Or better yet, an older guy with a tattooed microphone on his arm brought outta retirment to defend the title one last time. Imagine the threat.

The result could quite possibly be scary.  Eminems lyrical composite nears complexity, humor, entertainment, and reality, topped with an incredible on beat flow, Eminem is a pound for pound monster. And as seen on his prior albums the sslp, and the mmlp high lighted by songs like stan and guilty conscience, he has better songwriting skills than the average rap scribe. Lyrically his third album, the eminem show, supports his cause.

The lead off single without me flaunts the idea that eminem might triumph in what could be the best battle hip hop has ever seen. Rhyme after ryhme he comes correct, dropping jewels at an incredible pace. Then he boldly spits "thogh I'm not the first king of controversy I am the worst thing since elvis prestly to do black music so selfishly and use it to get myself wealth.  Hey, eminem doesn't deny whats going on here. He is fully aware that the color of his skin has earned him a place in hip hop that he might not have otherwise.

Truth of the matter is, there are probably a million rhyme animals in the hood that could knock the top dawgs out their spot.  But they won't have the chance to. Marshall has the opportunity and he'll be damned if he doesn't prove his worthiness among hip hop's elite. This he knows is the only way to earn the respect he so anxiously awaits.

So on till I collapse, he extends an invitation: "soon as a verse starts I eat MC's heart/what is he thinkin how not to go against me  smart/... the fact is I would rather sit back and bomb some rappers/ so this is like a full blown attack I'm launching at em/ the track is on some battling rap who wants some static/ cuz I don't really think that the fact that I"m slim matters/ a plaque and platinum status is wack if I'm not the baddest".

But if it's a battle that slim shady wants, then it's a battle he'll get. Only it won't be a championship bout just yet. The more likely opponent first time out will be rapper canibus, who called em out on his last lp. Em takes a couple of shots back on his new album. I'll be breif and let me just keep shit simple, canibitch don't want no beef with slim/ not even on my radar so won't you please jump off my didck, lay off and stay off, he angrily raps on square dance. Then on say what you say he brings canibus up again.. If you ever mix me up or confuse me with a canibus or dre with a dupri/ we'll rub it in in every club your in, we'll have you black balled and make sure you never rap a fuckin'gain. Where previous disses have been directed at lame ducks such as Britney Spears, Moby or Nsync, Em takes a swing at someone relevant to the sport of hip hop.

When he's picking a fight with someone who can swing back, em makes great hip hop. And when he does so over a dre produced track, it's even better. Say what you say, and business sound like they belong on the third installment of the Chronic. (HINT: Dre, Save hip hop please!)  But because Dre is only responsible for 2 of the albums cuts, eminem loses momentum.

The problem here lies in Ems choice to produce most of the LP's tracks. He satisfies the "pop" (read: "white") audience with an aerosmith rmake (sing for the moement) and the rock influenced White America. Which will most likely be fast foward by most hip hop heads. Ironically on the latter, Em comes off as a threat to caucasians in power.

But actually, eminem is at his best when he reaches a compromise. On cleaning out my closet, mr mathers discloses his own personal drama. ANd it's the true to life rhymes that speak to hiphop and everyone, for that matter. The songs slow tempo make it easier for to concentrate on what Em is saying. Rather than the spewing a few punch lines at his mother, Em goes into detail about his issues with her.

And on Superman, slim unfolds the truth to the male psyche. He admits that being your superman is not on his agenda (unless of course you are mariah). He rambles, but I guess thats just what sluts do/ how could it ever be just us two/ Id never love you enough to trust you/ we just met and I just fucked you. Whatever.

So why isn't MM holding his breath? (five mics in the source, Ain't holdin my fuckin breath) Probably because he knows that with the Em show, he hasn't done anything new. (see redmans whut the album 1992) Theres alot to be considered when determining whether an album is a hip hop classic. Originality is one, growth is another. The list goes on, but you get the point.

First week sales for the Eminem show were somewhere around 1.3 mil. But to the hip hop community it doesn't mean shit. Some of our icons never even went gold. Eminem knows he still has a lot to prove. And when the day comes for him to do so, we'll be sitting front row.

Thanks alot homie, much appreciate it. I don't agree with it as a whole, i'd personally give it a 4.5 as of yet, I don't think it's quite a classic because I don't think it has enough longevity, just like his other 2.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2002, 05:27:07 AM »
"I got to hit The Source, I need my other half a mic
because that Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik was a classic, right!" - Big Boi

Jome

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2002, 06:39:27 AM »

llllllllllllllol you gonna boycott the source just because of their fucked up rating system, thats too much funny...

if the source would have gave 5 mics to em, i know most people here would be happy but some people here would still diss the source for their rating system , and they would say that the source now give too much classic status, people already bitchin about the source giving classic mark on blueprint and stillmatic, but first they were all happy as fuck, strange  :-/

That's too much funny? Wtf?

You just following the general opinion.
Stillmatic had at least 5 WACK tracks, and Blueprint had at least 3-4.
Eminem Show I couldn't find any wack tracks at all.
The skits were annoying, but that's not a big complaint.

I bet you this:
If Eminem had 14 tracks on the album, and took away some of the weaker ones, and had a guest-spot with either Jay Z or Nas, the album would GUARANTEED get 5 mics in the Source.

The Source REALLY needs to change owners, move to another part of the country or apploy some WestCoast-heads.
I know you Slickk is gonna complain when they give "Paid the cost" 4 mics too, so you know I have a point.