Author Topic: Exclusive: Justo (R.I.P.), Cali Untouchables Pics + DJ Rhettmatic Quote  (Read 54 times)

SGV

Last Saturday morning, as you all know, Justo Faison, creator and founder of The Mixtape Awards, passed. Justo was one of the few REAL people in the Industry. He helped your favorite Mixtape DJ's get to where they are today. Mixtapes were accepted by Majors now and Justo played a big role in that. He will be missed and forever remembered as a pioneer in Hip Hop!

Here's a quote about Justo from legendary Beat Junkie DJ Rhettmatic:

"I met Justo back in 97 when he was still working at Atlantic. He was always cool whenever we ran into each other at some convention. Even to this day, he was always cool. I haven't seen Justo for almost 7 years, until I ran into him at a gig in Los Angeles and he gave me a hug. He even told me that he was following my career with the Beat Junkies; I was even surprised that he actually kept up. He even offered my crew to actually submit mixtapes to his Mixtape Awards, but I joked with him about that we really didn't fit into his scheme of things and thanked him for the love anyways......He was a good man and he definitely rep the DJs. His passing will definitely be a hard void to fill."

Like I had stated earlier when I reported his untimely death, I had the pleasure of meeting Justo out here in L.A. Thanks to my partner Big Junior of RapTalk.net here are some exclusive Pictures from the King Magazine party held at the HighLands in Hollywood, as well as the Avila Brothers Release party, also in Hollywood.

www.dubcnn.com for the pics

Don't forget to Cop The Mixtape Documentary!!!

R.I.P. Justo!