Author Topic: Tone Boots Calls 2Pac A Hater  (Read 1028 times)

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Tone Boots Calls 2Pac A Hater
« on: May 19, 2005, 07:20:49 AM »
The last album that Tupac recorded while he was alive. He wrote his hardest, his realest and some of his most poignant rhymes ever. It was the album that made the world shake for about a year after it came out.

The Argument

Originally, no Tupac album scored in the top 10, while two Biggie albums did. The team felt that even if that's how the original voting went, it couldn't stand by the list without Tupac being on it (see the Ready to Die page for the debate on cutting one of Biggie's gems.) So which Tupac album should be included, All Eyez on Me or the Makaveli album (The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory)? Or none at all? There were a few holdouts who felt Pac didn't necessarily belong on this list of the greatest of all time ...

Rahman Dukes: I'm against having the two Biggie albums on there. But if we take one of the Biggie albums off and put a Tupac on and say that the Tupac one is better than the Biggie one that we took off, then that was a lie, because I don't agree with that. The Tupac album is not better. I don't think that none of Tupac's albums are better than Biggie's.

I used to mess with Pac like right up until "Juice." And then he started flipping on everybody from New York and I was just like ...

Tone Boots: I feel the opposite — my problem wasn't him dissing New York, I just didn't like the songs he made before he got with Death Row, with the exception of joints like "Dear Mama" and "So Many Tears." I think he made corny records before that. He was an OK rapper and the sales proved it, because he did not go platinum until the controversy swirled around him going to prison and, even more so, after his move to Death Row.

Sway Calloway: With all that controversy surrounding that album, that's when Pac was probably at the peak of his power, 'cause All Eyez is when he first came out of jail, and people were watching to see what he was gonna do after he was back. But by the time of Makaveli, that whole persona with Death Row and Suge ... for someone to come out on wax and attack the biggest artists, like Nas, Jay-Z and Puff, it didn't even matter, even old-school artists like De La Soul, and not care ... Not to mention the music, the tracks were ridiculous. I do definitely think Makaveli should be on this top 10.

Dukes: I want to back up my claim before everyone jumps down my throat. My thing with him was that he was contradicting himself. And you know everybody is talking about Nas and how he contradicts himself. And you know I used to listen to Tupac and he was always on the pro-black thing and he had a lot of messages and I'm not saying he didn't have anything later in his raps. You know, how are you going to go pro-black to like ...

Sway: He grew up. His life changed, he changed, he was shot.

Bridget Bland: You can't discredit it. Just because he is contradictory, I don't think that can discredit his talent.

Tone Boots: All I'm saying is he came off as a hater to me.

Dukes: Exactly, that's what I'm saying.

(Everybody starts yelling.)

source: http://www.mtv.com

KURUPTION-81

Re: Tone Boots Calls 2Pac A Hater
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 07:26:04 AM »
To me it sounds like Tone Boots is a hater !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:29:51 AM »
Sway is a Cali man, so of course his backing 'Pac.  But they sound like some NY haters, Makaveli I feel was better than Life After Death. Anyways, we'll see what others think.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 08:06:08 AM »
If Ready To Die was a classic, then Me Against The World was too.  IMO, that was his best album next to Makaveli which was undeniably a classic.

All Eyes On Me was not a classic but it had the public captivated so I can see why some consider it one. Life After Death was NO CLASSIC!  There was alot of garbage on that album.  It wouldve been much better as a single disk.  Bad Boy was just trying to follow suit.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Bomb-A®

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 08:18:32 AM »
i dont completely disagree. 2pac seemed (from listening to his music) like he had surrounded himself with too much negativity. i understand the i-dont-give-a-fuck attitude but....ehhhh fuck it!

peace

SGV

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 08:59:35 AM »
Their view's are 100% True. Pac WAS a hater. When someone like 50, Benzino or Yukmouth disses all these people, they get called Haters. When Pac did it, he was riding for the Coast... No! Pac was a hater.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 09:45:43 AM »
Their view's are 100% True. Pac WAS a hater. When someone like 50, Benzino or Yukmouth disses all these people, they get called Haters. When Pac did it, he was riding for the Coast... No! Pac was a hater.

I see your point, and I guess that's why people either loved him or hated him... before Deathrow, he got more HATE then love from the industry because he just didnt know when to shutup.  For me, in the 90's when I was really into hip hop, 2Pac (before Deathrow) was the shit because only someone with huge balls or mentally psychotic would talk so much shit about people and still be in the streets.  Yea, his antics were commonly classified as str8 haterism back then, but the fact that he didnt hide from anyone, didnt have no money and simply didnt give a fuck was what made his music attactive.  I didnt look at it as haterism, he was broke, and I loved it because finally someone was on some real rock and roll shit.  I always got into underdogs, and thats what he was back then...

Now as time went on and he made it big with Deathrow... I kinda started to buy into the haterism thing.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

SGV

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 09:52:10 AM »
Pac never really dissed other rappers until he had Suge in his corner. Pac struck me as a hater and a weenie at times. I always wonder: Without Suge, would Pac have had the balls to diss everyone he did?

Ghettowitchdoctor

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 09:52:53 AM »
i have no idea why recently peeps seem 2 be dissing pac, and yo ME AGAINST THE WORLD is a top 10, everybody forgets to mention that one cuz it was before he was really on top but if anything this masterpiece defines pac. his contradicting persona was what made him so interesting anyway.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 10:08:57 AM »
that albums shouldve been in the top 10. They just hatin on pac. I think the thing is why so many people loved him, is because he was REAL. He just had something special. He wasnt a fake ass G like fifty. Dissin al these people and then have a ton of security. He was always keepin it real. And he actually had something to say. Songs like white manz world, dear mamma, brenda's got a baby, i aint mad at cha, changes and a lot more, actually had a deeper meaning. And a political message.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 10:20:59 AM »
Pac never really dissed other rappers until he had Suge in his corner. Pac struck me as a hater and a weenie at times. I always wonder: Without Suge, would Pac have had the balls to diss everyone he did?

Pac may not have been name dropping on wax, like he was on The Row (which could be viewed as more of a publicity stunt then real anyway) but we all know that he had enemies and rubbed alot of industry folks the wrong way.  If anything, he was the one being hated on because he has a "so called" big mouth, so people who didnt have any real reason to dislike him, did. 

He lived what he rapped and rapped about what he lived.  Others hated on him (not the other way around) because he had the balls to say what others wouldnt.

Ax
~Theodore Roosevelt

SGV

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 10:34:23 AM »
Im skeptical on Pac. He was a "Revolutionary" type pre-Deathrow. He became this hardened Thug virtually over night with Suge in his corner. Pac tried gang bangin' and it got it him killed, he was NOT a G.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 10:36:37 AM »
tupac was the shit mayne..

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 10:51:49 AM »
Im skeptical on Pac. He was a "Revolutionary" type pre-Deathrow. He became this hardened Thug virtually over night with Suge in his corner. Pac tried gang bangin' and it got it him killed, he was NOT a G.

He nevered claimed to be a gangsta.  He had no problem with Bloods or Cuzz just as long as "ya had love for thugs."  He was never on some P.E. shit exclusively.  He was always a street visionary with a concious focus on the black plight.  That made him a unique G if anything or according to some people not one at all.  Deathrow didnt put the G in him.  Being black and growin up in america did.  That was his ying and yang and where all of the so called contradictions came from.  Pac was a G because he was down.  Not because he claimed to be one.  Others drew those lines for him... in an attempt to discredit him.  Again, he was the one hated on.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 10:59:27 AM by A.Fohley »
~Theodore Roosevelt

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 10:58:10 AM »
^LMAO,so he wasnt a gangsta rapper???