Author Topic: Tone Boots Calls 2Pac A Hater  (Read 1008 times)

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tone Boots Calls 2Pac A Hater
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 11:01:57 AM »
^LMAO,so he wasnt a gangsta rapper???

I dont buy into the term Gangsta Rapper or Gangsta Rap.  The media created that term \ classification to bring down Westcoast rap.  Its a shame that Westcoast rappers accepted this classification and played off it but theres no such thing.  Its all hip hop, its all about communicating the struggles... the stories
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

phil123

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 11:02:48 AM »
Why are people trying to hate on tupac? His beef with Biggie was all real, the media hyped up the whole coast thing, but they both died for the cause. The rappers now just feud to feud, and then its resolved or just goes away. There's nobody like tupac, he had more heart than most rappers now combined. Just look at the impact he had on all of you. Talking about "pre deathrow and during deathrow" , you need to remember that he wasnt even on deathrow for a year, and only a big visible rap figure for about 5 years before that. Very short span, very big impact. This guy has material to last years obviously, it took elvis and others like that a lot longer.....just try to remember that is all i mean. dont buy into these new rappers, they arent the same. tupac was the first real star of rap.

DiSSENT

Tone Boots Calls 2Pac A Hater
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 11:13:46 AM »
I dont buy into the term Gangsta Rapper or Gangsta Rap.  The media created that term \ classification to bring down Westcoast rap.  Its a shame that Westcoast rappers accepted this classification and played off it but theres no such thing.  Its all hip hop, its all about communicating the struggles... the stories

[size=08pt]I can tell the way you word things so intelligently that you know your shit, factually. I agree with what you have to say about 'Pac. I believe that Biggie was a great artist, but he could not convey the level of emotion or realness that 2Pac did. People can say & think whatever they want about him, cuz it all boils down to personal taste and/or opinion, but he even went on record to say that he was never a "gangsta rapper". I saw 'Pac as a conscious minded street revolutionary who was trying to make people aware & dropped knowledge whenever he felt right. Try and point out a rapper today that has 'Pac's passion or ability to rely his pain & struggle...even Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, Scarface, Nas & Biggie are missing that spark that 2Pac possessed. And I don't mean to sound like I'm on 'Pac's nuts just because I'm from the West..keep in mind, 2Pac was born in Brooklyn and his first rap name was "MC New York". I just honestly felt & related to what the man had to say and I want to clear up as many misconceptions as possible, cuz his legacy really meant something if you delve deep into it. That's just my 2 cents - Peace*[/size]

SGV

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2005, 11:24:56 AM »
Wait... Did Pac not hit up the dude who jacked his boys chain by asking where he was from? If I understand correctly, thats what he did. SO... That leads me to believe he was trying to lead a life that was NOT his. He was merely a puppet for those who surrounded him.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2005, 11:35:50 AM »
2Pac was not a hater...he was mad at biggie because he sappostly didn't know who shot him in new york...and when pac was in jail biggie blew up and was actin like a don and biggie still didn't know who shot him that's when the beef started

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 12:16:37 PM »
a lot of people came at 2Pac and also talked shit behind his back, what do you want him to do?
I don't think he was a hater, he hated on his haters, in my opinion, he won every battle,
he dissed so many big time fags so good, an when I hear 'em its funny cuz I know that
forever they will alwayz know that they got bitched on tracks by a West Coast legend

no way putting Biggie's 2 albums over 1 2Pac, fuck nah, some real East Coast haters for sure

SGV

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 12:32:06 PM »
Pac went on a tirade dissing everyone from Mobb Deep to Nas to Jay to De La to the Fugees. This dude had a Napolean Complex.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 12:33:24 PM »
Sway is a Cali man, so of course his backing 'Pac.  But they sound like some NY haters, Makaveli I feel was better than Life After Death. Anyways, we'll see what others think.
Makaveli was wayyyyyyyyyy betttttttttter than Life After Death! That album had so much filler and it is one of the most overrated albums of all time.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005, 12:36:28 PM »
GROW UP!!!! This is about music to me 2pac is the g.o.a.t because of the power, meaning and talent he displayed in his music.

youve got sgv and others knocking pac because he wasnt a "gangbanger" who cares, are you a gangbanger sgv?? fuck i dont get caught up to much with beefs or how a rapper acted or shit like that I follow rap because of the MUSIC.

Grow the fuck up to everyone dissing pac because you felt he wasnt a g. 
a lot of peole looked very dumb in this thread

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 12:38:07 PM »
in the media 2Pac was something like the 50 cent of his day... poster boy thug

blown up off the hype when he came out of jail.. he wasn't a huge factor before death row.. but he was a factor.. he was the 'next' ice cube IMO well he was a better actor.. but he was the next rapper with a righteous streak to come up. he was doing really well in the movie arena

but.. Pac was in the media every week poppin shots at someone for what seemed a senseless reason especially since the flipside of his character showed intelligence.. but that wasnt shown.. the fights, the beef and the court cases were what sold papers. because of the media in many people eyes pac was a convicted rapist and a wreckless child killer

pac and snoop and his murder trial put more and more negative focus was on death row.. the machine worked well back then to exploit it.. death row used dre and snoop to blow up all eyez on me.. cali love was huge.. its known his albums weren't aclaimed in the media. its sad some people cant put the "he's dead therefore he's the GOAT you cant deny it or you're dissing a dead man" mentality out of their minds and weigh up the facts.. all eyez on me has some awful songs, but some awesome ones.. so does ready to die.. i'd really like to know how many pac fans have actually _properly_ listened to biggie without red mist clouding their vision.. overall ready to die _is_ more solid.. so was biggies double.. its a better album than all eyez.. (pac fans.. the sales show that.. ) 7 day theory is hard to place.. its a short solid album.. and a movement towards songs like were on 'still i rise' which i rate really highly too.. they undoubtedly have material from the same sessions.  he was moving back towards a progression of the music he used to make before all eyez on me

_i_ believe its like has been said sometimes.. pac wasnt a hater.. he was playing the game.. it was all business.. all a way to maintain..  the "ride with us or collide with us" mentallity _still_ pervails at death row.. he never had that before.. he never stood out that much before.. he played up the cameras when he got that team behind him.. you can see how hyped he was sometimes.. how much energy it gave him.. people like those in this article say the bishop character consumed him.. i think that was a shield and a tool against the media and his rivals.. before that he was a much more laid back

i'm a fan of pac, but 'new' 2pac fans make pac out to be something he wasnt when he was alive they jiggle the figures to make things look like things were very different

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005, 01:08:49 PM »
I guess if I was shot 5 times, and knew who did it, I'd be a hater too. I'd put everyone on blast just like Pac did.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 01:10:18 PM »
^^real talk like i said alot of people i respect sounded very dumb in this thread

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 01:17:44 PM »
i think pac was gang afilliated cuz he was always yelling MOB, that stands for member of bloods. i know he found a new meaning for it but to me it was clearly a gang thing.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 01:32:51 PM »
^^thats true i guess whenever i hear mob, the truth is i think about "money over bitches"

SGV

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 01:46:12 PM »
LOL @ Me hating him cuz he wasn't a G. No! The fact that OTHERS call him a G is funnystle. The fact that he TRIED to portray the image of G is funnystyle. Tell me... How can he be a Blood when he didn't come here until he was like 17!? And shit... He didn't move down to L.A. until later in his career. Pac made good music, but that was it. It was GOOD. Nothing more.