Author Topic: Americans are deprived of vacation  (Read 149 times)

Acgrundy

Americans are deprived of vacation
« on: May 19, 2005, 10:42:37 PM »
I saw on the news yesterday this poll about americans and taking vacations.  I don't remember the numbers, but they were very high, for the percentage of americans who do not use their vacation time.  The 3 biggest reasons were:

1)they would rather just get the money
2)they couldn't schedule it right
3)they were just too bizzy at work

Also they said like 7 nations all have more vacation time than America, I can't remember them all but it was germany, france, and a bunch more that I can't remember.

That is horrible.  what is our nation comming to?  Our nation is making work our lives.  and most people still struggle while working at least 40 hours per week.  add to that the amount of people who do not have work, the people who can only get part time work, and the people who have to work 2 or 3 jobs in order to support themselves and/or their family.  This is majorly fucked up.  I sure as hell know that my life is not at all about work.  I have a great work ethic, and most employers love me, but there are much greater things in life than work.  I've been to a lot of interviews, and worked a lot of jobs.  Nowadays most careers want you to basically dedicate your life to your work.  Fuck that.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Americans are deprived of vacation
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 01:16:50 AM »
^or a lot of jobs just do not offer vacation time

when i use to work at mc donald's , no one got vacations except the head manager

also when i use to work at a music shop the guy who owned it dave , had worked 7 days a week for 20 years

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 01:24:52 AM »
weekends are meaningless when you're unemployed.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 02:16:57 AM »
I haven't gone on vacation in 3 years. Airline prices have considerably dropped though. I don't know how a couple of my friends do it. They go on a 10 day cruise to the carribbean every year.

My dad has like 6 weeks of vacation time accumulated at his job cause of tenure but he never takes it and he usually works 50-60 hours a week. I don't know how he does it.