Author Topic: Jin: 'I Quit'  (Read 403 times)

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jin: 'I Quit'
« on: May 20, 2005, 09:56:40 AM »
Jin released a song explaining why he's quitting th rap game, check it out in our audio section, in the meantime read Jin's announcement:

'So I'm sort of sitting here pondering a few things.

First off, maybe I should explain the motivation behind the song itself. I wrote "I Quit" because its what the track told me to do. Yes, it sounds sort of odd, but once my ears heard that instrumental, I felt like it was saying to me.."this is the path you must follow.." and then I sort of just let the pen and my heart do the talking. Not my brain. It gives me the the utmost honor to see how some folks are so adamant about me not quiting..or "giving up". Trust me, I am not giving up. Quite a few of you have expressed sentiments such as "you cant give up, you havent even done this or that yet.." Maybe what needs to be focused on is what I have accomplished (which in my heart is a whole lot and I'm damn proud of that) with my time as opposed to what I haven't accomplished yet...Some folks even feel that maybe I'm feeling this way because I feel I've "failed" (record sales, or having to deal with "haters", etc.) That's the farthest from the truth. For what it's worth, I know that the 100,000 (give or take, since some of you went and bought like 5 copies lol) of ya'll that went out and bought T.R.I.H. did it solely because you were supporters of me and my music...and not because the radio or tv brainwashed you into thinking I'm the hottest shit out there, being that I was barely on either one.

Nonetheless, I've always said this and I'm sticking by it: I have the illest fans in the world and those of you that have ever met me or interacted with me know I am grateful for each and everyone of you. My goal since I started doing this was no more than to represent for hiphop and represent for my people. Which I will never stop doing, whether I'm in the game or not.

Before I lose my train of thought, I just wanted to clear up some of the misconceptions and rumors. "Jin" is done. No more studio for me. In all reality, it's not like it's a big deal. I'm sure MTV NEWS or BET.com aren't exactly gonna be flashing bulletin boards that say "JIN RETIRES!!!". Hahah. Matter of fact, if some folks were to hear the news they'd probably react like "who gives a shit?" or maybe even.. "Jin's retiring?..shit, he never even dropped an album!" lol and thats the damn truth. However, for those of you that are true JINatics and some that I even consider my friends, I thought I'd share my decision with ya. Be happy for me.

Hopefully, 10 years from now, when we have more than enough representatives within the entertainment industry in general, people will still trace back and be like.."damn remember 10 years ago, that chinese kid was on BET..the one that signed with the R... he had that Speak Chinese song!" hahah. That puts a smile on my face.

If you really wanna know what I'm looking forward to its this: www.yofam.net Support that!

*Just a thought* Them 2F2F checks weren't too bad and going to movie premiers was pretty fun. Maybe I should seriously devote myself to an acting career. The oppurtunities are definitely there.

"Jin" has left the building...but the emcee will always be here.

Just remember: I wasn't the first. And I certainly will not be the last.'

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jin: 'I Quit'
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 10:05:02 AM »
dont remember his role exactly in 2f2f but it sounds as if he wants to pursue acting. guess it might work for ihm considering you can find almost anybody in a movie nowadays. goodluck to him.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 10:17:01 AM »
jin sucked anyway.  he was write about one thing though
they'd probably react like "who gives a shit?"

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 11:08:03 AM »
bad news if true, link ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 11:12:02 AM »
that song he did with Kanye is fuckin tight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 11:19:19 AM »
in the audio section @ hiphopgame.com its the song for download

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 12:30:10 PM »
he realised he was actually the worst rapper in the world

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 12:31:32 PM »
can sumone post a link for tha song

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 12:51:50 PM »
oh boo hoo. Dude made like 3 decent songs his entire career. His label probably pressured him to quit anyways.

Speak Chinese killed his career before it started.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 12:54:15 PM »
who gives a shit?

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 01:26:27 PM »
what a fuckin bitch...fuck you Jin...thanks for nothing...

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 05:34:55 PM »
what a fuckin bitch...fuck you Jin...thanks for nothing...

::) wut u crying about?

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 07:22:31 PM »
he was a dope battle rapper though.

So...hes just gunna quit rapping? Just like that?

I guess its hard though....most people have 1 classic first album and fall off, he didnt even get that...
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 08:35:11 PM »
he said he is putting hes carreer on hold but i guess he can come back after failing like that

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 08:43:22 PM »
he just didnt get the right backing.....he made a mistake by releasing that learn chinese song with wyclef......i quit is pretty good though....at least to me