Author Topic: Anyone here sick of Scott Storch & his indian beats???  (Read 476 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Anyone here sick of Scott Storch & his indian beats???
« on: May 20, 2005, 02:02:21 PM »
There was a time where Id love these type of beats,& I couldnt get enough of them.& now,I just cant fuckin stand them.All these music artists are on his dick right now,& yes,thats a great business move.But what about some originality???Go ahead,go get some production from Storch,but c'mon,how about sth different???I give my props to Styles P.,he went to Storch & actually got sth different.The way everyone is makin these type of songs singles is just pathetic.You got Terror Squad - Lean Back,50 Cent - Candy Shop & Just A Lil Bit,Mariah Carrey (whatever that song is called),R.Kelly wit The Game,Jadakiss - U Make Me Wanna & so on.Those are just the ones I currently remember,there's way more.What are yall opinions about Storch & his indian beats & every artist makin these songs singles???
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 02:03:54 PM by Masta T »

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Anyone here sick of Scott Storch & his indian beats???
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 02:30:03 PM »
I can't stand them at all they are fucking boring.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 02:30:26 PM »
theres not enough mel-man, watch out is an awesome song :(

k1000

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 03:23:47 AM »
theres not enough mel-man, watch out is an awesome song :(
certainly, but mel-man is not scott storch

IzUwitIt

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 03:33:47 AM »
couldnt agree more w/ MT

but his shit sells, so I guess he's happy makin similar beats for every1 who comes down wit a cheque. The beats he did years ago for the likes of Mystikal and Sticky Fingaz are wot he needs to get back to.

k1000

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 03:42:42 AM »
I totally agree with that topic.
I love the first indian-style beats Storch did :
"We Ballin'" (Memphis Bleek), "The Way I Am" (Knoc-Turn'al) are tracks that didn't get a lot of radio airplay, although the Knoc track could have been a good argument to sell units. Sly Boogy's "That's my name" got also that that indian style with the drum.
Then the tracks Storch did for Beyonce (w/ sean paul), were that kind of tracks people wanted to hear on the radio. Then, "lean back" got a lot of influence on his following productions with the addition of the cello, and that's why i would say that track was interesting and marked really something new... but all the following productions after "lean back" are nothin but same annoying shit, nothing new, no evolution, it's a pity. However, it works

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 04:16:33 AM »
I can't stand them at all they are fucking boring.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

ABN

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 04:32:57 AM »
i don´t have a problem with beats sounding similiar and Dre and Premier are my 2 favorite producers of all time and a lot of their shit sounds basically the same. but with Storch it´s something different coz it doesn´t even sound like he´s puttin in an effort when he´s producing joints solo and i just think he´s found something that works out commercially but when peeps stop checking for those indian sounding joints he can have a huge problem if he´s stuck doin those types of beats. now after hearin all of his tracks of late i have a hard time to see how anyone could actually think that Storch is the mastermind when he and Dre does beats togheter coz those beats are always knocing(West Side Story,Start From Sratch etc)and most of his recent solo joints haven´t coem close to the joints he done did along side Dr.Dre.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 12:35:56 PM »
Most of them sound like Dre beats, excpet all storchs sound alike.

oglocdogg

• 'G'
  • Liverpool, Scousers stand up
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 03:53:25 PM »
most producers shit sounds similar to wat eva dey dun before
"The title im holdin is to prestigious you fuck wid me you better be religious cuz only god can save ya wen locdogg blaze ya just like purple hazea i wont just graze ya im goin for da kill gettin so much head you should call me bill

k1000

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 04:11:46 PM »
most producers shit sounds similar to wat eva dey dun before
true, it's an eazy way to make money without workin too much

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2005, 04:23:17 PM »
I never understood the hype about Storch. He's boring. He puts out dope shit every once in awhile, but he's way too inconsistent for me to get happy when I hear he's producing a song.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 04:43:26 PM »
I never understood the hype about Storch. He's boring. He puts out dope shit every once in awhile, but he's way too inconsistent for me to get happy when I hear he's producing a song.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2005, 06:24:57 PM »
Storch should stick do doing keys for Dre.
All Storch's beats is starting to sound the same, and most of them lack proper bass, it sounds like something Dre threw away..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2005, 08:56:28 PM »
im not feelin scott storch by himself (with the exception of "Clap  Back, "The Streets", "Its Nuthin")

but i cant knock the hustle cuz all producers sound the same. thats because when one song blows up, every rapper rushes to the producer tryna get somethin similar (listen to Freak-A-Leak" and "Goodies"). and it ends up becoming their sounds. cant nobody tell me that the Neptunes, Timbaland, Kanye West, etc are that versatile. but because their beats are so similar, right when you hear the song you can say OH THATS  GOTTA BE A _____ BEAT!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"