Author Topic: European Constitution  (Read 244 times)

mauzip

Re: European Constitution
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2005, 08:09:53 AM »
in de club met m'n vriendjes, proberen om een chick te scoren

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2005, 10:29:17 AM »
hmmm i was mis-informed, my girl told me that everyone is pissed with the French coz they voted 'no' and that Tony Blair is for 'yes'.... i even saw something about it on news... she also said she's disappointed Jac Shurak (or wateva his name is) allowed the public to vote, because the U.K govt. voted yes for the people.
tony blair got pressured into giving us a referemdum when he realise labour would never get re-elected if they didn't, french voted no so he can now save himself the embarrassment of an almost certain loss at the polls, because the eu constitution is as dead as the dodo

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2005, 11:50:48 AM »
Luck for you, Im sure the English people wont like that, and now France takes all the blame.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2005, 01:32:48 PM »
if france had voted yes jaques chirac would have be out to punish us again.

One thing i've noticed particularly in this campain is its gotten very nasty, the eu president telling french voters it would be disasterous to their economy and to the eu as whole if they voted no, and the dutch yes camp saying there will be another austritch if they don't vote yes. its all rubbish because if the constitution isn't ratified we just maintain the status quo, and I hope go back to the drawing board to create a fair and credible and most importantly flexable europe. I am actually pro european however as it stand and the proposed changes put me right behind the fence of the anti euopean camp and this is happening increasingly more across europe when the politicians listen we might be able to work something out.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2005, 02:26:49 PM »
^ you want germans to run your country?

There is no such thing as being proud of your country when you're dutch. We would be better off if Europe was like the States - one big bunch of countries. It might be different for other European countries, but that's how the majority of the dutch feel.

I really don't understand why 62% of the dutch still voted NO today. What's their problem? Get off the fucking bandwagon & find yourselves some real reasons to be against the constitution.

Random facts about the dutch voters
Over 60% of the dutch men voted YES, less than 40% of the women did so.
Over half of the people who voted YES, are over 50 years of age.
The higher the educational level, the bigger the chance someone voted YES.

So... I guess I'm with the wise old men now ;)

mauzip

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2005, 09:55:28 PM »
^^

Most people that voted against the constitution voted against cause they're not happy with the gov't, which is really hypocrite cause they voted these people in. Besides that, this gov't has accomplished more in the past 2 and a half years than Wim Kok's gov't had in 8 years.

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2005, 03:44:17 AM »
^^

Most people that voted against the constitution voted against cause they're not happy with the gov't, which is really hypocrite cause they voted these people in. Besides that, this gov't has accomplished more in the past 2 and a half years than Wim Kok's gov't had in 8 years.

That's just what I'm saying... They just hear the critics on tv talking, and they're like "hey, they got a point there, it's all far from perfect!" Next thing you know, about half of the dutch vote "no" just to go against the government. Leaving about 20% who really are against the European constitution, also voting no. Guess how Geert Wilder's party got so big? He's just spreading hate about the current cabinet and that's exactly what the people want to hear. After what I've heard him saying last night after the voting results were published, I bet you his party's grown even bigger once again. Talking shit, that's all it takes to get some votes.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2005, 01:45:49 PM »
well it worked in america thats how the rebublicans got in power after the clinton administation, well along with a little bit of fiddling the votes.