Author Topic: Radio (Edited) versions: Lazy Rappers  (Read 106 times)

That_Cracka_J

Radio (Edited) versions: Lazy Rappers
« on: July 21, 2002, 05:36:15 PM »
Do you remember back in the day when a single or video came out it was always a different version from what's on the album?  Instead of just blocking out cuss words, the rapper would re-do the whole song.  Now I think they are too lazy to make 2 versions of songs, so it's a lot easier just to edit out words and have long ass spaces in verses.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

E. J. Rizo

Re: Radio (Edited) versions: Lazy Rappers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 07:05:54 PM »
Do you remember back in the day when a single or video came out it was always a different version from what's on the album?  Instead of just blocking out cuss words, the rapper would re-do the whole song.  Now I think they are too lazy to make 2 versions of songs, so it's a lot easier just to edit out words and have long ass spaces in verses.

i dont believe its there responsiblity to do it but of course it carries its benefits cause its alowed on the radio
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Radio (Edited) versions: Lazy Rappers
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 12:50:11 AM »
Well Eminem did at least this to Without Me:

Instead of:

So come on dip,
bum on your lips,
fuck that, cum on your lips & some on your tits...

The edited has something like:

So come on dip,
bum on your lips
jump back, jiggle her hip and wiggle a bit

There most likely more too, but that's just off the top of my head...

BTW, I don't know how it is in the States, but here everytime they play it on MTV, you can't hear Em say MTV in the song. Fucked up, IMO. (...try to shut me down on MTV but it feels so empty without me...)