Author Topic: Weight Gain  (Read 357 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Weight Gain
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 10:57:37 PM »
^^You should be doing a lot more cardio and a lot less weight lifting...

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 11:41:33 PM »
^^You should be doing a lot more cardio and a lot less weight lifting...

Exactly. Keep up the weight lifting though because it does help with shaping. I know a guy that did a massive amount of cardio and a little training and he changed dramatically. He really only lost about 20 pounds but his fat percentage dropped like crazy. The new muscle is the reason why he didn't drop more than 20, but there's no complaints there.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 11:56:21 PM »
yup more cardio...

i do 45 mins cardio every time i go to the gym (2 to 3 times a week)

3 mins on a bike is nothing...

i start out with 20 on the bike, then 10 on a rowing machine
then i do some of the weight machines
then 15 mins on the cross trainer..

i used to do the weights after but i've moved the x-trainer to the end as i'm less sweaty and tired if i do the weight machines earlier

i'm kinda doin like sikotic said.. since february i've dropped 9 pounds (and average of 3 a month which apparently is around the max safe limit..) but my arms have grown bigger.. i'm leaning up thats for sure

my main focus is in dropping weight. endurance and strength are a bonus..
oh and my diet hasn't changed a bit  ;D

« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 12:00:03 AM by Overseer »

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 12:05:50 AM »
youre body can only metobilize so much, loading up on protein might be a waste, you will shit it all out.  my bro uses protein 3 times a day and hasnt got any bigger, i take a shake 1 or 2 times a day and ive put on way more muscle than him

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 12:14:26 AM »
yup more cardio...

i do 45 mins cardio every time i go to the gym (2 to 3 times a week)

3 mins on a bike is nothing...

i start out with 20 on the bike, then 10 on a rowing machine
then i do some of the weight machines
then 15 mins on the cross trainer..

i used to do the weights after but i've moved the x-trainer to the end as i'm less sweaty and tired if i do the weight machines earlier

i'm kinda doin like sikotic said.. since february i've dropped 9 pounds (and average of 3 a month which apparently is around the max safe limit..) but my arms have grown bigger.. i'm leaning up thats for sure

my main focus is in dropping weight. endurance and strength are a bonus..
oh and my diet hasn't changed a bit  ;D

At first my Cardio was only to increase my heart rate as I was told to do before by a trainer at Bally's Total Fitness(american fitness club)  The only thing about doing more cardio is that I get broed easily and I absolutely hate it!  I wrestled throughout High School and the variety in the workout was great but now I cant seem to grasp the same passion as I did then outside of lifting, I'll prolly start swimming now, they just re-opened the pool at my gym. :D

-KIDRENEGADE-

Acgrundy

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 12:24:08 AM »
building muscles will increase your metabolism which will enable you to process foods faster and gain less fat and weight that is not muscle.  doing any cardio before or after lifting is a bad idea.  if you do it before you will tire yourself out and not have your max energy level to lift as much weight as possible.  if you do it after you will just burn off the muscle that you gained.  for the best way to gain muscle weight is to workout, and then have the biggest meal of your day after your workout, and make sure you get plenty of protein in that meal.  also throughout the day, eat about 5-7 smaller meals/snacks, rather than 3 big meals.  that also will help increase your metabolism.  its best to just do cardio on seperate days of lifting weights.  also you can do all the cardio you want, but you have to take in less calories also in order to lose fat/weight.  some people think doing 100's of situps a day will get them a six pack, and burn off their beer belly.  while that will build muscle in your stomach, it won't really do a thing in terms of losing your fat, other than burning a few calories.

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 12:27:19 AM »

cardio isn't too boring aty my gym.. they have the radio on all the time.. and 4 huge plasma tv's which all the cardio machines point at.. so u can watch tv.. if u have headphones they have this system called "cardio-theater" into which u can get the audio from the TVs too.. i used to use that when i first started but i find it less hassle without now

as times gone on the time seems shorter and shorter.. i'm going to extend to 20 mins of cross trainer soon.. i already extended to 15 from 10..

rafsta

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 01:39:57 AM »
I know as soon as I'm done with classes, I'm goin on a strict diet to get more lean and gain more muscle. I'm spending all summer in the gym and running. I'm thinkin about going vegetarian until I lower my body fat too, but I love meat way too much.

you dont put on fat from meat man... you put on fat from un-used energy, ie: carbo's, theres more carbos in salad than meat...

rafsta

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 01:43:13 AM »
and if you want to lose weight, never go on the aktinsons diet, never cut all carbs...

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2005, 03:59:14 AM »
It is so annoying that there are like 200 ways bumped at your head on a daily basis to lose weight, but almost never they try to tell you how to gain weight. Motherfuckers. I wanna gain weight since forever, never works. No matter how much Burgers and other fatty fast food shit I eat.

i feel your pain dawg

oglocdogg

• 'G'
  • Liverpool, Scousers stand up
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2005, 07:13:29 AM »
 just have loadsa eggs steaks tuna pork n shit like that you also got eat loads ric pasta bread n that with these foods drink loadsa water n loadsa milk eat your greens n take some creatin n protein also get a good workout regime just use free weights and do compound movements like bench press squats n shit you need 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight and 3g of carbs also get some healthy fats in like yolks n scaly fish goto www.muscletalk.co.uk loadsa advice
"The title im holdin is to prestigious you fuck wid me you better be religious cuz only god can save ya wen locdogg blaze ya just like purple hazea i wont just graze ya im goin for da kill gettin so much head you should call me bill

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2005, 08:33:21 AM »
OK first of all everyone should eat 1-2 grams per bodyweight of protein unless you wanna look like a Kenyan with no muscle whatsoever. The trick is don't get all of your protein from meats. Get some from chicken, some from tuna, some from beans and other veggies,some from eggs, and the rest from whey supplementation. If you bulk up from greasy fatty food you will look like a fat slob after all said and done. Believe me eat clean no matter wht u are doing. Supplements are not bad for you that is a myth that ignorant people bring up everytime weightlifting is in question. I have talked to Doctors,Chemists,Scientists and they all have said the same thing that Whey Protein, Glutamine, Creatine, EFAs are very good for you and that they take supplements for themselves because it s the best thing for you. Granted real food is better for you but most people don't get enough shit that there body needs through regular food. The only important thing is to drink only water.and lots of it.

Also get a workout plan like a split. One day Chest/Tris, Skip a day then Back/Bis, Skip a day Shoulders/Legs/Ab work. With cardio after each workout. Don't lift anymore then an hour and a half and ONE MUSCLE GROUP A WEEK OR YOU ARE OVERTRAING AND ARE BURNING MUSCLE INSTEAD OF BUILDING IT. If you workout like a crackhead and do chest everyday of the week your overtraining. You are only supposed to do 3 chest exercizes with 3 sets each on chest day. If you do more then that and don't have good protein supplementation you are fucked basically. The funny thing is 80% of the retards at the gym workout like crackheads and overtrain and thats why I am one of the biggest in there along with the other 20% that actually know what they are doing

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2005, 09:40:03 AM »
OK first of all everyone should eat 1-2 grams per bodyweight of protein unless you wanna look like a Kenyan with no muscle whatsoever. The trick is don't get all of your protein from meats. Get some from chicken, some from tuna, some from beans and other veggies,some from eggs, and the rest from whey supplementation. If you bulk up from greasy fatty food you will look like a fat slob after all said and done. Believe me eat clean no matter wht u are doing. Supplements are not bad for you that is a myth that ignorant people bring up everytime weightlifting is in question. I have talked to Doctors,Chemists,Scientists and they all have said the same thing that Whey Protein, Glutamine, Creatine, EFAs are very good for you and that they take supplements for themselves because it s the best thing for you. Granted real food is better for you but most people don't get enough shit that there body needs through regular food. The only important thing is to drink only water.and lots of it.

Also get a workout plan like a split. One day Chest/Tris, Skip a day then Back/Bis, Skip a day Shoulders/Legs/Ab work. With cardio after each workout. Don't lift anymore then an hour and a half and ONE MUSCLE GROUP A WEEK OR YOU ARE OVERTRAING AND ARE BURNING MUSCLE INSTEAD OF BUILDING IT. If you workout like a crackhead and do chest everyday of the week your overtraining. You are only supposed to do 3 chest exercizes with 3 sets each on chest day. If you do more then that and don't have good protein supplementation you are fucked basically. The funny thing is 80% of the retards at the gym workout like crackheads and overtrain and thats why I am one of the biggest in there along with the other 20% that actually know what they are doing

yeh that 1 gram per pound is true but its fuckin expensive. i usually just eat 120 grams of protien/day and i weigh 170 and im going up. gaining weight also depends a lot on genetics. you may not even be able ot get big who knows. i know the biggest i will ever get is prob 190. my homie can eat fast food all the time and shit and he is ripped. id just suggest eatiing protein like every1 else is saying and lidtinf. that all you can really do.

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2005, 10:25:33 AM »
Like Grundy said, if you wanna drop weight, lower the calories.

I did this about a year ago. I started to eat less than 1,000 calories a day. In about 4-5 months I dropped about 15 pounds. I went from 175 to 158. I didn't even do any exercise. I could imagine how much more I dropped if I did a combo of diet and exercise. That's my biggest problem, I can do one or the other no sweat, but it's hard to do both at the same time. Starting June I promise I'm gonna do it though since my time will be completely freed up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2005, 10:26:49 AM »
true genetics do play a role. Proven fact that asians have shitty genetics for bodybuilding.