Author Topic: Scans of Tony Yayo article from the new XXL  (Read 604 times)

ABN

Scans of Tony Yayo article from the new XXL
« on: May 22, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »
[edit]

« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 06:58:22 AM by Who That? »

Elevz

Re: Scans of Tony Yayo article from the new XXL
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:14:16 PM »
Props! You didn't post them in the right order tho   ;)

So what else is in the new issue of XXL?

ABN

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 03:18:18 PM »
Props! You didn't post them in the right order tho   ;)

So what else is in the new issue of XXL?
interviews with a gang of rappers that are locked up. but i can´t post them scans up coz i didn´t scan this Yayo article i jacked that shit from someone over at AHH.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 03:26:39 PM »
and here´s what Saigon had to say

I've been on some type of probation, parole or in prison since I was 13. Once you in the system, they keep your record until they clear your criminal history. If you're 13 and you have an assault charge, then when you're 16 and you catch another case and you're legal they take this into account when they give you a pre-sentencing investigation. If the pre-sentencing report shows that you've had a previous assault, it doesnt really look good for you. They looking at you like, Okay, you've been acting this way since you were young. They don't look at the fact that you might've turned your life around, They just look at what's on the paper, and that's how they judge you. That's the system. It's designed to keep us there and keep us down.

I had a fight in junior high school. That was my very first time in jail. I went to youth jail for a year. I came back home and got into some more shit. They sent me to Rikers Island. Then i did five years in Napanoch Eastern correctional facility. I shot two people. That was my last bid, the long one. I came home with years of parole left. I couldn't leave the state of new york. I had to get permission to go to New Jersey.

A lot of people glorify jail. It's not a celebration or rite of passage but something that's destroying us... By putting music videos out with Meagan Good visiting you in jail, young kids think jail's not that bad. That's not realityReality is a grown man looking up your anal cavity. They dont show images of people getting stabbed, getting killed and the correction officers killing people. They just show one image. My friend Bolo, who is my age and has 45-years-to-life, started fucking with homos. I knew him from the street and I'm like, "This aint you dawg, You're not gay. He's like, "Yo dawg, I dont give a fuck what other people think of me, Im not living for nobody. My life is basically over. When you look at shit from that perspective, what could you say?

Being in jail is like being dead. People who should care dissapear out of your life. Out of sight, out of mind. My family stayed in touch with me. My friends didn't. My friend Ab was the only one who sent me tapes. The rest of them, they were fake. And that's another thing they dont show in the videos.

I went back to jail for a little while after gaining some acclaim as a rapper. My friends got me out, but I was doing my own thing and I caught a new case. It's so easy once you're on parole. It was a third degree assault, which is just a regular fistfight. So if I get into a regular fistfight, which for you might be a slap on the wrist and court one time, they'll send me back to jail for 18 months. Because i'm on parole, they look at everything differently. That's why I call it a revolving door.

I got through my time by writing rhymes, working out and just minding my business, I did a long time in jail. In the beginning of my bid, I did all the wild and crazy shit, but by the middle of it I smartened up. I started to read and see other people my age in there who have 45-years-to-life. I got off parole, so I'm just now feeling freedom for the first time in 14 years. I'm still not feeling like I'm totally free, but i feel freer that I was, because I'm able to do anything without people telling me what time to come in the house or what time to lay my head down and what time to do everything else.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 06:47:56 AM »
interesting?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 08:50:20 AM »
good lookin

Dean

• 'G'
  • "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense"
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 11:46:01 AM »
im definatly gonna get that

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 11:50:54 AM »
another G-Unit artist on the cover of XXL  ::)  ::)  ::)
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 01:59:08 PM »
you kow anything about the turk article?

ABN

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 02:00:03 PM »
you kow anything about the turk article?
sorry. i tried to find all of the articles but i only came up with they Yayo and Saigon ones.

#1Stunna

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 08:07:04 PM »
props....good read

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 03:24:05 AM »
Another G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath cover from XXL  ::)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 03:43:50 PM »

thats lame as fuck. if yayo can get the cover then why cant somebody like Sly Boogie? or Spit Fiya?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 07:18:55 AM »
^theyre from the west?

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 10:37:10 AM »

thats lame as fuck. if yayo can get the cover then why cant somebody like Sly Boogie? or Spit Fiya?

because Yayo and especially 50 are good for lots of sells