Author Topic: Saudi Arabia: 40 Christians Arrested For Holding Christian Prayers........  (Read 231 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
But we are supposed to be outraged because a fucking Koran may have been flushed down the toilet? This shows how ridiculous and backwards and hypocritical Muslims are. Where is Al-Jazeera on this one?

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?storyID=8272382&type=worldNews

Saudi Arabia detains 40 Christians - newspapers

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has detained 40 Pakistani Christians for holding prayers at a house in the Muslim kingdom, where practicising any religion other than Islam is illegal, newspapers said on Saturday.
A group of men, women and children were attending the service in the capital Riyadh when police raided the house, Al Jazirah newspaper said.

It said authorities also found Christian tapes and books.

Another Saudi daily, Al Yaum, said the raid took place on Friday while a Pakistani preacher was delivering a sermon. It was not clear what measures might be taken against the group.

Saudi authorities were not immediately available to comment.

There are around six million foreigners in the conservative kingdom, which has a population of 23 million, including many Christians from Europe, North America, Asia and other Arab states.

In a rare official rebuke of a close ally last year, Washington accused Saudi Arabia of severe violations of religious freedom.

"Freedom of religion is not recognized or protected under the country's laws and basic religious freedoms are denied to all but those who adhere to the state-sanctioned version of Sunni Islam," the State Department said in an annual report.

Following the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, which were carried out by mainly Saudis, the Gulf Arab state's religious establishment came under sharp criticism by the West for fostering militancy and intolerance of other religions.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

Matrix Heart

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has detained 40 Pakistani Christians for holding prayers at a house in the Muslim kingdom, where practicising any religion other than Islam is illegal, newspapers said on Saturday.

Follow the damn laws  :D dammit man  ;D

rafsta

But we are supposed to be outraged because a fucking Koran may have been flushed down the toilet? This shows how ridiculous and backwards and hypocritical Muslims are. Where is Al-Jazeera on this one?

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?storyID=8272382&type=worldNews

Saudi Arabia detains 40 Christians - newspapers

A group of men, women and children were attending the service in the capital Riyadh when police raided the house, Al Jazirah newspaper said.

It said authorities also found Christian tapes and books.

Another Saudi daily, Al Yaum, said the raid took place on Friday while a Pakistani preacher was delivering a sermon. It was not clear what measures might be taken against the group.

Saudi authorities were not immediately available to comment.

There are around six million foreigners in the conservative kingdom, which has a population of 23 million, including many Christians from Europe, North America, Asia and other Arab states.

In a rare official rebuke of a close ally last year, Washington accused Saudi Arabia of severe violations of religious freedom.

"Freedom of religion is not recognized or protected under the country's laws and basic religious freedoms are denied to all but those who adhere to the state-sanctioned version of Sunni Islam," the State Department said in an annual report.

Following the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, which were carried out by mainly Saudis, the Gulf Arab state's religious establishment came under sharp criticism by the West for fostering militancy and intolerance of other religions.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
maybe its wrong but atleats they have it as a rule that u cant hold any other religious practice than islam
america claims to be free while discrimination is crazy against muslims...... even worse than it was against blacks in slavery days
am not saying that to disrespect to any 1
am just stating facts

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG

even worse than it was against blacks in slavery days

I wouldn't go THAT far

J Bananas

Now thats racism.

Crown

• 'G'
maybe its wrong but atleats they have it as a rule that u cant hold any other religious practice than islam
america claims to be free while discrimination is crazy against muslims...... even worse than it was against blacks in slavery days
am just stating facts

That aint no fact. I think u need a history lesson homeboy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 04:55:24 AM by Crown »
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
That be tight tho i wanna have a slave

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
am just stating facts

See how Arabs justify and rationalize their religious discrimination?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
am just stating facts

But you won't go to jail here because of something you believe. What kind of nonsense are you talking about?

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
am just stating facts

See how Arabs justify and rationalize their religious discrimination?
why r u saying arabs?
1 country outa 22 arabs countries abandons other religious practices and thats a generalization now?
all arab countries have christians practicing watever they want
we got 2 big ass churches in the centre of kuwait
am not justifying what they do it is wrong
but atleast they let u know before going there
it aint like those ppl didnt know about it before they went

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
am just stating facts

yo man thats not a fact.  thats your fact.  unless you got something to back it up its not a fact.  unless its something everyone knows, like white people love mayonaise or some shit lol  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
As long as they make business with America, Bush wont give a shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin