Author Topic: Aftermath & Shady Records aint no fuckin dream team...  (Read 1432 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Aftermath & Shady Records aint no fuckin dream team...
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 11:17:28 AM »
the situation with aftermath is the same thing as with the source in my opinion....weve been preprogrammed to buy there shit...we all grew up on the shit dre put out ...most of us for our whole life dre was like the soundtrack for our adolecent years so we tend to follow
dre's work even still when he only drops 2 to 4 tracks on a project....the reason I relate this to the source magazine  is because as a kid this was like the MAIN source of info. for hip hop news before there was a hip hop internet scene...I cant front Ive purchased every issue of the source since 1993 issue with eazy e on the cover, I havent missed ONE issue even though I havent enjoyed ONE issue since 1999 possibly....its like I just cant help myself.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 11:20:28 AM »
Slim Shady LP
Marshall Mathers LP
Devils Night
Cheers

All dope albums. I don't really see the need of having a thread were you just cry about how bad the releases are.
The last 2 albums you listed were garbage,Cheers is only good for a small amount of time,after that you suddenly realize how crappy that cd was.& like I said,this is for the Shady/Aftermath groupies who act like thses are the 2 best labels you could be signed to.If I got your feelings hurt wit this thread Im so sorry ::)

What does it matter if people act like these are 2 of the best labels, it doesn't affect your life so why get so upset about it.

I guess everyone moaning won't be buying Detox if it ever comes out?

SGV

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 11:21:24 AM »
weve been preprogrammed to buy there shit

100%

Regardless what Dre does, every beat is "Amazing" to some of these kids. Even the weakest beat to them is "Classic." Mindless drones!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 11:21:58 AM »
people seem to be  blaming Dre

how many of these projects did he executive produce? not all..

actually i think its the only albums that people _arent_ slagging off he was directly involved in..

break it down by labels and sub labels.. PROPERLY..

Cheers is not and Aftermath album, it had 4 Dre produced tracks.. thats all..
it DOES NOT even have the Aftermath logo anywhere on it!!!

its straight Shady/Interscope

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 11:23:43 AM »
Slim Shady LP
Marshall Mathers LP
Devils Night
Cheers

All dope albums. I don't really see the need of having a thread were you just cry about how bad the releases are.
The last 2 albums you listed were garbage,Cheers is only good for a small amount of time,after that you suddenly realize how crappy that cd was.& like I said,this is for the Shady/Aftermath groupies who act like thses are the 2 best labels you could be signed to.If I got your feelings hurt wit this thread Im so sorry ::)

What does it matter if people act like these are 2 of the best labels, it doesn't affect your life so why get so upset about it.

I guess everyone moaning won't be buying Detox if it ever comes out?
Im not upset,Im just clearly stating facts that everybody else just doesnt seem to notice.Like I said,I aint no Dre hater so buying Detox or any other good Shady/Aftermath release will not be a problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:27:37 AM by Masta T »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 11:25:52 AM »
people seem to be  blaming Dre

how many of these projects did he executive produce? not all..

actually i think its the only albums that people _arent_ slagging off he was directly involved in..

break it down by labels and sub labels.. PROPERLY..

Cheers is not and Aftermath album, it had 4 Dre produced tracks.. thats all..
it DOES NOT even have the Aftermath logo anywhere on it!!!

its straight Shady/Interscope

What does the title thread say???Aftermath & Shady Records.LMAO,my karma count has already been dropped by 2 :laugh:

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 11:30:47 AM »
I agree with the thread starter. Aside from the Chronic 2001, SSLP, and MMLP, everything else they've released has been subpar. Game's album was aight, but it had no replay value. Everything else I've heard from them has sucked.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 11:40:16 AM »
^^  'they'? shady or aftermath? ^^

a discussion of shady doesnt really belong in this section.

its obvious from the start of this thread that the guy who posted this just wanted to create trouble.

everything Dre was heavily involved in AFTER he shook up Aftermath has done well... if you look at "platinum" as success.. then everything on aftermath.. EVEN the early stuff did well.. even the wack afternmath comp went double plat

regardless of what you like or don't

aftermath / shady / g-unit sales >> your favourite rappers

this is why they have, and will continue to have major backing

everything else shady/g-unit only releases aren't his concern and dont belong in the west coast section where you know they are gonna get hated on

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 11:51:07 AM »
they are directing this music towards the mainstream (teenage kids) to make maximum profit. what the fuck do you expect?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 11:51:42 AM »
^^  'they'? shady or aftermath? ^^

a discussion of shady doesnt really belong in this section.

its obvious from the start of this thread that the guy who posted this just wanted to create trouble.

everything Dre was heavily involved in AFTER he shook up Aftermath has done well... if you look at "platinum" as success.. then everything on aftermath.. EVEN the early stuff did well.. even the wack afternmath comp went double plat

regardless of what you like or don't

this is why they have, and will continue to have major backing

everything else shady/g-unit only releases aren't his concern and dont belong in the west coast section where you know they are gonna get hated on

Aftermath & Shady are both releated to each other,yes,Shady isnt a wetscoast label,but I didnt feel like making 2 seperate threads for this.I mean,do you really see any sense in it???Secondly,no I aint trying to create trouble,I just see too many Aftermath cheerleaders & every music artist keeps on defying these 2 labels as the dream teams,basically the best 2 labels you can ever be signed to & so on.I am not a hater of neither labels,I am only stating facts,please keep that in mind.Everyone wit a major backing will sell,regardless of the music you're making,all you need is the right promotion.& yes,Aftermath,Shady & G-Unit sell way more than my favorite rappers.I already stated that in my first post,whats your point???& like I said,I dont feel like making 2 different threads which would be basically the same.Move this to the Outbound section,I really dont care.Also,I did not state anything about G-Unit Records,why did you bring them up???
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:54:20 AM by Masta T »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 12:21:50 PM »
The Firm, 2001, The Documentary and the first two Eminem releases were the only albums I've bought from the whole umbrella. Get Rich Or Die Tryin' was worth a download, the rest from the umbrella (Aftermath, Shady, G-Unit) have been asshole stinky.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 12:24:36 PM »
You should really throw in G-Unit records. Its all the same really. Cheers was not garbage by a long shot. Get rich or Die trying was a classic in many ppls eyes. Marshal Mathers LP was a classic IMO same with 2001. The shady/aftermath/g-unit labels put out the most consistant selling albums of probably any label, whens the last time an album didn't go plat?

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 12:37:20 PM »
^^ only albums that didnt sell a mill plus r truth hurts' and the wash soundtrack
truth hurts' had it reasons though...

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 12:40:51 PM »

What the hell does sales have to do with it?

Sales don't mean jack shit to me. All that matters to me is if I feel it or not, if it moves me.

Sorry, but with the exception of Chronic 2001, SSLP and MMLP, nothing else they've done moves me whatsoever. MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice sold millions of records, does that make their music good?

I love it when people use record sales in an argument about quality of music.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2005, 12:42:09 PM »

i never said sales represented quality.

thats why i said "this is why they have, and will continue to have major backing"

they are a cash cow.. and until they stop being so won't change