Author Topic: Declassified FBI Report Says US guards Flushed A Koran Down The Toilet  (Read 292 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
An inmate at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp accused US guards of flushing a Koran down the toilet in 2002, newly declassified FBI documents reveal.
The disclosure follows a row over a similar claim made in Newsweek, which the magazine was forced to retract.

The Newsweek report sparked protests across the Muslim world, and riots in Afghanistan that killed 15 people.

The Pentagon said last week it had seen "no credible and specific allegations" about putting a Koran in a toilet.

Newsweek last week apologised for, and then retracted its report, after saying it could no longer corroborate the story.

The guards dance around when the detainees are trying to pray - the guards still do these things
FBI agent's report on detainee's claim 

The White House rounded on the magazine, saying its report had done "lasting damage" to the US image in the Muslim world.

But the FBI documents made public on Wednesday, after a request from the human rights group American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), show that such allegations had been made at Guantanamo Bay.

After interviewing a detainee, an unnamed FBI agent wrote on 1 August 2002: "Personally, he has nothing against the United States. The guards in the detention facility do not treat him well. Their behaviour is bad.

"About five months ago, the guards beat the detainees. They flushed a Koran in the toilet.

"The guards dance around when the detainees are trying to pray. The guards still do these things."

Guantanamo 'gulag'

The ACLU said the documents showed the Pentagon was aware of such allegations being made at Guantanamo Bay long ago, but had repeatedly turned a blind eye to "mounting evidence of widespread abuse".

The Pentagon did not immediately comment on the documents, but officials have said recently that various claims made by former detainees have been proved false.

Officials say they have begun comparing detainee complaints to see if any are corroborated.

ACLU lawyer Jameel Jaffer said: "Unfortunately, one thing we've learned over the last couple of years is that detainee statements about their treatment at Guantanamo and other detention centres sometimes have turned out to be more credible than US government statements."

Other FBI documents released on Wednesday detailed further accusations, including one by a detainee who said a female interrogator wiped his face with her menstrual blood.

Meanwhile Amnesty International urged the US to shut Guantanamo Bay, calling it "the gulag of our time".

In a report the group said the US had undermined human rights across the world, by trying to "redefine and sanitise torture".

The White House dismissed the report as "ridiculous and unsupported".

Spokesman Scott McClellan said allegations of mistreatment were being investigated.

More than 500 people are being held at Guantanamo Bay, the US naval base on Cuba, suspected of links to the al-Qaeda network.

Some have been detained for more than three years, but have not been charged.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/americas/4581383.stm

englewood any comment?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
You can't flush a book down a toilet. Try it.

Thirteen

some times i need to flush the toilet twice on some of my shits, and they are no where near the size of the koran even though they are simliar in many other ways

shamihundal

• 'G'
thats just crazy

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
that koran had to be the size of my finger.

Fuck You, Pay Me

• Lil Geezy

We're not talking about your penis here. Anyways, I know most of you must've made it through elementary school, so let's use some critical thinking here. Let's say the guard was a genius, I'm talking Einstein here, and he figured out that if he tears the pages out and dumpe 'em in the toilet, they will flush down. Yes I know, it takes a lot of creativity and imagination to come up with some master plan like this, but it is possible.

Woodrow

An inmate
No comment needed, but I will anyway:

Once again, take a look at http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/manualpart1_4.pdf

Take a look at page 16 of this al queda training packet.

Fuck You, Pay Me

• Lil Geezy
An inmate at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp accused US guards of flushing a Koran down the toilet in 2002,
No comment needed.

I agree. It's true, and now this government is trying to cover up its tracks, but thanks to bright minds like you, we're able to see the truth.

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........

We're not talking about your penis here. Anyways, I know most of you must've made it through elementary school, so let's use some critical thinking here. Let's say the guard was a genius, I'm talking Einstein here, and he figured out that if he tears the pages out and dumpe 'em in the toilet, they will flush down. Yes I know, it takes a lot of creativity and imagination to come up with some master plan like this, but it is possible.

looool
homie u killin it

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Woodrow

I agree. It's true, and now this government is trying to cover up its tracks, but thanks to bright minds like you, we're able to see the truth.
Cover up its tracks?!

It's sick that you want this story to be true so bad you're taking the word of terrorists over elected officials!

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
^^ elected?? lol
yea right
*coughs*FLORIDA*coughs*

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Woodrow

^^ elected?? lol
yea right
*coughs*FLORIDA*coughs*
I really don't think you have any right to judge another countries electoral process when women in your country just gained the right to vote less than a month ago. Not to mention, if it wasn't for America, you'd be living in the 19th province of Iraq.

But all that’s besides the fact that George Bush was reelected in 2004.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Good for the soldier. I would flush the bible down the toilet too if it got people to talk. I hope they do it on a daily basis.

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
^^ elected?? lol
yea right
*coughs*FLORIDA*coughs*
I really don't think you have any right to judge another countries electoral process when women in your country just gained the right to vote less than a month ago. Not to mention, if it wasn't for America, you'd be living in the 19th province of Iraq.

But all that’s besides the fact that George Bush was reelected in 2004.

if it wasnt for our oil that u saved u'd freezing right now lil kid
and yea women just got their political rights, how does that piss u off? atleast that proves that there r ppl in my country that r fighting for real democracy, and democracy was the reason women didnt get their rights...
any ways am not gonna waste my time arguing with a kid....

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Fuck You, Pay Me

• Lil Geezy
Not to mention, if it wasn't for America, you'd be living in the 19th province of Iraq.

Do your research on why Saddam was angry with Kuwait, and who gave Saddam the green light to invade. The answer to both questions is America.