Author Topic: 2004/2005 have been great years for hip hop,whats everyone's problem???  (Read 236 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I find it hard to believe that so many people have failed to notice the amount of great hip hop albums that came out in 2004/2005.Everyone is bitchin about hip hop being so dull & all that ::) Well yeah,there's alot of that but dont say there aint any good albums anymore.I get the feeling everyone's checking the so called "hip pop" releases more than actual typical hip hop cd's that everyone claims exists no more.Well news flash,these 2 years have been very strong for hip hop,its really funny how people blindly make statements about the latest state of hip hop without knowing any actual facts other than Lil Jon producing this or that song,Eminem releasing another album & so on.Here's a small list of albums that came out in 2004/2005,hopefully this will open some peoples eyes & stop all the hating against 2004/2005's hip hop.Let me also add that this is just a small amount of dope hip hop albums that came out in 2004/2005,there's tons more.

In no particular order:

Masta Killa - No Said Date

Cormega - The Testament

Common - Be

Royce Da 5'9 - Death Is Certain

Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer

Talib Kweli - The Beautiful Struggle

Ghostface Killah - The Pretty Toney Album

Mobb Deep - Amerikaz Nightmare

Planet Asia - The Grand Opening
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 01:20:04 PM by Masta T »

MANBEARPIG.

I never said it was wack ::)

-KIDRENEGADE-

davida.b.

Couldn't agree more. You get a prop.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i only like 4 of those albums a lot. the others are so so. hip hop is boring nowadays.

SGV

I agree with you. Hip Hop has fine. Once people stop being on some Uncle Rico shit and get into the New Millenium, they'll find out, too.

Suga Foot

I love where Hip Hop is at. 

Elevz

That's actually kinda true, the only problem is that these albums don't get much shine in the public eye. You really got to be putting some energy into looking around for good music, to really find the quality these days. Radio and tv hiphop is just trash overall.

ABN

well the difference between 2005 and let´s say 1988 aint the quality of the good albums. the main difference is that in like say 88-92 very few wack cd´s was released. and i could put up 30 wack hip hop albums next to each one of them dope albums that has dropped so hip hop is not in a good state. alltho it´s not as bad peeps make it out to be but it´s still in a bad state. and outta the music i listen to only like 5-10% was released from 98-2005. but i´m not gonna go out a complain in every other thread about the state of hip hop, i´d rather throw on a G Rap or Rakim album and forget about all the bullshit that´s been dropping lately.

On The Edge of Insanity

Having said that the Kweli, Ghostface, Planet Asia and Mobb Deep albums were far from their best work, I wasn't really feeling the Royce and the Cormega album was unreleased material from the mid nineties. The Masta Killa, Common and Masta Ace albums were real dope though.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
you forgot about....

and many other great albums
NO MORE WAR

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^ lol

Having said that the Kweli, Ghostface, Planet Asia and Mobb Deep albums were far from their best work, I wasn't really feeling the Royce and the Cormega album was unreleased material from the mid nineties. The Masta Killa, Common and Masta Ace albums were real dope though.
took the words right outta my mouth, except what i´ve heard of common´s album didn´t convince me THAT much, but i might d/l some more

i´m not going to demonize. Hiphop is not in a state of emergency (although by saying so an artist contributes to his own credibility nowadays), but i´m not gonna jump on a counter-bandwagon either. It´s hard for me to judge objectively, because I´m just past my only- and mainly-hiphop phases. No, i do not think you´re inferior if hiphop is your fav music, only thing inferior is ignorance. Still, i find it interesting how most hiphop i´m still feeling is older stuff and it´s not nostalgia because that includes 90´s shit i hear for the first time. I´m bored with a lot of what is coming out nowadays, there is solid material, but the only REALLY REALLY convincing album of the last couple years to me is the Masta Ace. People like Ghostface, The Roots or Mobb Deep have all dropped solid stuff you can´t complain about, but in all of these cases i just got the feeling it is not what it used to be. Then there´s the indebatably wack like the three beautiful examples right above this post here. And there are many newcomers with talent, but they are dropping albums that are at best.......well, solid.

To sum up, I agree the dramatizing is stupid, but neither can I say I consider hiphop to be in a great state. if that´s being on some Uncle Rico shit, then I´m happy for everybody else. I´m well aware it´s the subjective point of view of somebody who´s not into hiphop that much anymore....peace
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 03:01:11 PM by Kill´s grammer is tighter then a bowl of grits »

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
sorry to say...but hip-hop will never be what it used to...

SGV

sorry to say...but hip-hop will never be what it used to...
This is exactly what dudes like Melle Mel, Afrika Baambaataa etc. would say about the Hip Hop era we all love.