Poll

Do you own any G-Unit clothing or shoes?

Yes - I like to show people I'm a fan
9 (15.8%)
No, I wouldn't be caught dead with anything G-Unit related
18 (31.6%)
No, I only got (some of) their cd's
29 (50.9%)
I don't support music artists
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: How strong is the G-Unit empire really on DubCC?  (Read 533 times)

Elevz

How strong is the G-Unit empire really on DubCC?
« on: May 30, 2005, 03:04:11 PM »
You're not wearing Dickies like me, you're wearing G-Unit Jeans and Sneakers. Like I said, Ralph Malph, you can't be as cool as me.

Made me wonder... How strong is the G-Unit empire really? Do you own any of their clothing products?

ABN

Re: How strong is the G-Unit empire really on DubCC?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 03:08:41 PM »
i don´t go no shoes or no shit like that but i did buy The Documentary,Straight Outta Cashville and Get Rich Or Die Trying. and i´ll only cop Buck´s shit from here on coz he´s the only G-Unit member that is dope and that got something real to say.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 03:11:11 PM »
I bought The Documentary but not because of the G-Unit affiliation.

I downloaded Get Rich Or Die Tryin' and The Massacre.

Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and Tony Yayo are worthless to me.

G-Unit does make some nice shoes and clothes but I wouldn't buy any of it.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 03:17:26 PM »
I listen to all of the mixtapes (where some of their strongest cuts seem to appear), but don't own any of their releases minus ''Get Rich Or Die Tryin'' and ''The Documentary''. Listened to the various other albums, but the only one I would consider purchasing in the future is ''Straight Outta Cashville'', as I felt that it was pretty good. Didn't even waste my cash on ''The Massacre''. As for the clothes, I don't own the shoes (far too pricey over here anyway!) but I have a couple of G-Unit tops. Some of their clothing is nice, some of it is horrible. Just depends on what I see and what they have out at the moment.

So, I suppose you could say that I'm far from a die-hard G-G-G-G-Groupie, but I still check out their material from time-to-time. All this talk of them signing Mobb Deep, MOP, Spider, Kokane, Gorilla Black, etc, is beginning to annoy me though. It's going a bit OTT.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 03:19:34 PM »
G-Unit empire on DubCC? ::) :-\

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 03:21:26 PM »
I enjoy G-Unit.  I have most of thier albums.
Their clothes actually look pretty good from what I've seen but I wouldn't wear them.

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 03:26:38 PM »
G-Unit empire on DubCC? ::) :-\

You can't deny they got a little empire thingy going on, I was just checking to see how people here are fitting in the G-Unit marketing. After all, we're hiphop listeners & customers.

As for myself... There's no way you'll ever catch me wearing anything with a G-Unit label on it. I just feel like it's wrong, wearing clothes that directly relate to a music artist. It reminds me of some stereotypes I hate: those wearing D12 caps or Nirvana shirts. I really wouldn't be caught dead wearing it. I know they have some quite nice shoes and their clothes are allright too, but the G-Unit emblem simply ruins it for me.

On the other hand... Their music, well, you can often find me criticising it, but I actually own copies of too many of their cd's
50 Cent - Guess who's back
50 Cent - Get rich or die tryin'
G-Unit - Beg for mercy
The Game - The documentary
50 Cent - The massacre

I should have bought Young Buck's album too, I was really looking forward to it but when it finally dropped it got distributed real crappy... Once the record stores near me had it (several weeks after it dropped in the USA), I already downloaded the album and I was like - fuck it. Better luck next time, Buck, because his album is actually banging. If you ask me now, that's the second best G-Unit release so far, after The Game's.

ABN

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 03:28:28 PM »
oh yeah forgot about Guess Who´s Back and the original bootleg i got of Power Of Da Dollar(with the booklet :))

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 03:28:34 PM »
got the first 50 album and the G-Unit CD, Buck´s and Banks´ shit on my PC. I don´t really listen to any of it no more though and i would never buy G-Unit clothing

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 03:47:34 PM »
No, I only got (some of) their cd's

ill post my collection later
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 04:04:10 PM »
i aint trippin, i got a copy version 50's joint first joint which was sick which led to me cop beg for mercy......which was a disgrace......so i didnt cop banks joint which was also a joke to.....the most dead album made by them gunit niggaz so far, then i got a copied version of buck album which was sick, nice production, buck came strong, kinda shook me how good he came, def not made just for south, but a universal cd, most cats appreciate it....then i copped 50s new cd cuz i was diggin grodt.....but massacre aint got the vibe to it.....anyone who thinks its better than grodt aint seein good music.....so basically everytime i cope a joint of theirs its wack to average and when i get a copied version of their shit, its dope.....but i aint frontin, everybody be checkin gunit releases, aint nuttin wrong with that, they big.....though they loosin street cred by the minute still, thats why they tryna sign these next niggaz to bring up their street cred again....aslong as ya aint just sayin its dope just cuz its gunit, aint nobody trippin...

i aint coppin yayo cd tho and i caint gon get a copied version of it to, someone will most likely pass me a copy of tho still to borrow and when i got time i'll check it......

same with olivia, no way imma cop that either....

i aint got non of their garms either, but they still got some sick hoods n shit
pz

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 04:38:57 PM »
IMO G-Unit has the one of the best clothing lines in hiphop. I got the new camo shoes and 2 or 3 shirts.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 04:43:19 PM »
i got all of their albums (downloaded, because i wouldnt spend money on their shit).

DEFINETLY DO NOT OWN THEIR CLOTHES....gross

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 05:00:37 PM »
dont own any of their cd's. have a pair of g unit jeans that are nice tho.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2005, 06:39:06 PM »
I only got GRODT because I bought the hype like a dumbass.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE