Author Topic: why are women in Islam to wear veils ?  (Read 1921 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: why are women in Islam to wear veils ?
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2005, 06:03:02 PM »

This coming from the most notorious non-Roman Christian killer of all time. I take everything Paul says with a grain of salt. Much like Moses did with God, I believe Paul added to the things that were told him by God or Jesus, for the sake of the community of the time, and just like Moses before him I believe that if/when Jesus is to return to Earth he will throw down many of Paul's claims. Check my older posts and you'll I've always been skeptical of Paul.

For the record, even though it's already on the record, and been put on the record several times; I don't care if Muslim women cover up. I don't care if any women cover. I do not critisize them for covering up. I just happen to find fault in the cases where they are forced to cover up by abusive husbands or fathers and have no choice in the matter. That is, was, and always wil be my quarrel with it.

Good.  We aren't in any major disagreement over this issue.

But remember, this thread was started by a Christian, and now it is 4 pages deep with Christians passing judgements all over it.  I didn't plan on attacking Christianity but I think a lot of Christians don't realize what is written in their Holy Book.

I'm glad you recognize Paul as being the greatest of deviants.  Infact, your belief is somewhat similar to the Islamic belief, in that Jesus was a Prophet like all other Prophets teaching to worship God Alone and to do righteous good deeds.  And then many years after Jesus had left the Earth, Paul came to power and brought along the trinity, altering the true teachings of the Prophet Jesus.

I never said I believed Jesus was just a prophet, and I strongly believe in the Holy Trinity because it was claimed by Jesus.

Thirteen

« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2005, 08:14:46 PM »
Christians automatically expose themselves as hypocrites when they critisize the dress of Muslim women.  Because the way Muslim women dress in public, is the same way that the mother of Jesus (Mary) dressed, and it is the dress that is perscribed for women in the Bible.  If you supposedly regard the Bible as your Holy Book, then why don't your Christian women follow that very Bible they claim represents the word of God?  Modern Christian women are actually followers of popular culture and whatever the current social norms tell them is fashionable.  This is one of the reasons I left Christianity at a young age is because Christians have not been able to find a way to make the Bible applicable in todays society.  Christians, do you know your Holy Book?   

Paul in the New Testament:

"Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonours his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head [/i]- it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or shaved off, she should cover her head.[/i] A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head" (I Corinthians 11:3-10).

speaking of hypocrits...why is the man in your avatar wearing a hat if it's not god's will?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2005, 04:12:04 PM »

speaking of hypocrits...why is the man in your avatar wearing a hat if it's not god's will?

You speak without any knowledge.

It is in the Bible that Paul instructs men not to cover their heads, the Bible is the Holy Book of Christians.  As for Muslims, although we do agree that Moses and Jesus were devine messengers of God, we believe that the Gospel has been altered from it's origional form, and that the man who brought forth the trinity (Paul) was the greatest of deviants, because he divided God into three and made Jesus a partner to God, when Jesus is but a man.  The Bible was compiled hundreds of years after Jesus left this Earth, and the origional languages in which Jesus spoke are no longer around today.  For many reasons, Muslims do not consider the Bible to be free of error, and the words of Paul are not at all trusted by Muslims.

For Muslims, the Noble Qu'ran is the highest source of knowledge.  I also wear a kufi (head covering) often, and this act is totally permissible for Muslims, the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) wore a kufi under his turban.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:16:48 PM by Allah's slave: Ibrahim Abdullah »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

rafsta

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2005, 10:10:38 AM »

You speak without any knowledge.

It is in the Bible that Paul instructs men not to cover their heads, the Bible is the Holy Book of Christians.  As for Muslims, although we do agree that Moses and Jesus were devine messengers of God, we believe that the Gospel has been altered from it's origional form, and that the man who brought forth the trinity (Paul) was the greatest of deviants, because he divided God into three and made Jesus a partner to God, when Jesus is but a man.  The Bible was compiled hundreds of years after Jesus left this Earth, and the origional languages in which Jesus spoke are no longer around today.  For many reasons, Muslims do not consider the Bible to be free of error, and the words of Paul are not at all trusted by Muslims.

For Muslims, the Noble Qu'ran is the highest source of knowledge.  I also wear a kufi (head covering) often, and this act is totally permissible for Muslims, the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) wore a kufi under his turban.

just out of curiosity.... do you wear a robe around ? or do you wear jeans like the rest of us pop-culture fiends...

because from the movies i've seen men wear robes in the old day aswell as women...