Author Topic: Thanks 4 your support, enjoy 6 Dr. Dre remixes from the Ruthless days (rare)  (Read 2083 times)

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
Props!

T-Dub

props Mellowman, good to see you around

soopa-man

^ looked em up on google.. apparently both are on a we want eazy remix 12" they put out

thx though.. hadn't heard this one before

yeah i have that 12" single, it has "We Want Eazy Remix", "Eazier Said Than Dunn", "Still Talkin Shyt Remix", "Eazy Chapter 8 Verse 10"...i havent found "Still Talkin Shyt Remix" in mp3 or CD-Q niether "We Want Eazy"...so to this mellowman i been waiting for a decent quality remix to "Still Talking Shyt Remix" hope you come through...or any one else for that matter

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn, I haven't heard the Formula in years, this brings back memories.

Thanks for the post mellowman.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

mellowmanisback

• Lil Geezy
Back once again.  I haven't looked for that Still Talkin remix but if you want it I'll try and get it.  Real quick for one final time i want to explain why i don't post any unreleased tracks.  the simple reason is that Dre wants them to remain unreleased, so i am going to do everything in my power to keep them unreleased.  I haven't heard too much from the Ruthless days.  I know there are some leftovers from the EFIL4ZAGGIN/100 miles recording sessions and some unreleased Eazy tracks from the scratched Temporary Insanity release.  But past that most of the other stuff is closing in on 20 years old and the audio tapes aren't very good quality because they were never really mixed and good versions were never totally completed. So there is no way in hell anybody should ever hear those unmixed tracks.  Dre would never want anyone to profit or capitalize on Eazy's death so old Eazy vocals will never be heard.  Besides Dre doesn't legally own these masters, they are property of Ruthless.  The 8 tracks I posted were official singles and have been out in the public so there is no harm in sharing them.  Now if we were to post unreleased Ruthless tracks and it tracked backed to dre any way there could be problems.
The death row recordings are untouchable unless Dre and Suge reconcile. and y'all know that ain't happening anytime soon.  Unreleased/leftovers from Dre's Death Row period that Dre has copyright rights or earned production points legally cannot be released by Suge cause Dre owns the rights to his own masters.  Obviously if Suge could have legally put out leftover Dre tracks he would've put out them all to make as much money off Dre as possible.  Thankfully he can't. And if I or anyone else were to post one of Dre's death row leftovers from one of his computer files that would be the ultimate betrayal because of all the possible legal ramifications.  
The original versions of the Chronic had a couple tracks that never made it to the intitial printing.  The one I know for sure (and have luckily had the honor to hear) was called "Mr. Officer".  Some of the first promotional copies of The Chronic had this track on it.  The track is very violent and musically brillant, and is Dre's solo version of "Fuck The Police".  But because of the fallout from Cop Killer and the riots(Mr. Officer was probably even slightly more graphic than Cop Killer) Interscope pulled the track from the initial printing.  (fyi - it does not sound anything like the geto boys song Crooked Officer, although lyrically parts of the chorus are the same) Although we can't share it with you there is a way for someone to track it down.  Mr. Officer was used on a documentary of the L.A. Riots called Birth of A Nation.  So if that movie is out there somewhere (which it may or may not be) then you might be able to find one of Dre's craziest unreleased tracks.  And as far as Aftermath leftovers I'm not gonna put out anything they don't want out, because they are my employers.  I will never allow the trust I have earned over the years be destroyed trying to appese a few people.  If you can't understand where i am coming from I'm sorry.  If that makes people doubt me or question my authenticity then so be it. I truly don't care.  I don't visit this board to stroke my ego or tell people I'm better than them (cause I'm most definetly not) just because of my professional situation and perks. I try to remain humble and share some knowledge with everyone.  Use it as you wish.
I truly truly wish I could let you hear all of this stuff, but it just can't happen unless Dre decides to put it out there. This will be the LAST time I discuss Dre's legendary vault.  I don't ever want anyone to think I'm rubbing my access to it in their face.  I apologize if i ever came across that way. 

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props mellow. Thanks for coming through with these hot tracks.

Portrait of a Masterpiece cuts off halfway though.

Oh yeah, and mellow, do you know anything about a song called Malibu Dre? I heard it a long ago. Apparently it was supposed to be on 2001, but I guess it wasn't good enough. Anyways, I used to have the song when it was posted on Dre's site, but my computer crashed and I can't find it anywhere. Would you be able to post it or is that not cleared?

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks again for posting Mellow. While you're here though, can you confirm  who produced Joe Beast's "Gangsta" and Shaunta's "California"?

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
no please talk bout them its like the promised land we wanna hear bout it lol!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Soul Sanatorium

• 'G'
Man thanks! The "What you Can Prove (Untouchable Remix)" is the song I heard once in the Slauson Swapmeet way back in the Ruthless days and has been on my hit list since. Thanks a mil....Props.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props on posting, its always interesting to see what you have got to say.

mellowmanisback

• Lil Geezy
I'l have to check one of my other macs to see if i can track down the Still Talkin remix.  As for the Legend Of Dr dre vol. 1 there is not such a thing.  I got the remixes from a cd that was copied in the studio and given to me by a certain producer.  that cd was made from converted recording tapes.  so when I imported them to one of my computers i probably had to name the files.  I have so much music I try to seperate them somehow.  Music is obviously my life (maybe i need to stretch out a little more to non music hobbies and jobs) and I have so much of it it takes a few macs and 4 i pods to hold all of them.  So who knows why i named it The legend of dr. dre.
as for updating you with info on big bang and detox I will post it soon.  I just have to find a topic to hide my comments in.  After the incidents a few months ago where my comments where jacked and put out all over the damn place (and even worse attributed to mel-man. a guy i have a lot of love and respect for) I have to bury my aftermath related comments inside other topics, because if they get jacked again i will definetly have to quit posting here.  Its nobody's fault except mine since i made the decision to post here.  It's just the nature of the beast. If I have a few minutes I might check in after I get home, cause i won't be able to post much in the coming months.  I'll be too busy. Peace.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah it's reall bad that people were jacking what you were saying here and posting it up like it was there own exclusive shit.

But what do you expect it's the internet people just do what they want and it can't really be controlled.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wasn't here when you were posting back in the day mellow, but I read some of the stuff you posted 2-3 years ago. I understand why people got bent out of shape, especially with the whole thing about if Suge ever confronted Dre. I am a little surprise you posted it, but I wasn't surprised that Dre said it in the least.

So does Dre have any intentions on trying to bring back some west coast flavor to the industry? I see Snoop is out trying to get everyone back together, trying to reconcile with Suge, and a lot of people are dropping their beefs as well, but Dre hasn't said anything about doing anything fully west coast related yet. As much as I don't like Game, his album helped spark a little more recognition for the west, so I'm just wondering if Dre is going to get with with Snoop doing his thing at all. Or if he has talked about the West Coast Conference to any extent. Sorry about the third degree on the questions. I just never knew anyone close enough to Dre to actually drop some facts.

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
good shit homie

kywhiteboy

• 'G'
Thanks Mellow for the info and the tracks. 8)