Author Topic: American Should Do more To Support Key Allies  (Read 306 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: American Should Do more To Support Key Allies
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 10:31:31 PM »
nuking is a grand evil scheme that will never happen

just hope that everywhere america goes it gets smashed

I got a pool at work when the 2000th soldier is gonna die

i say November

although I still like my original plan of gunning down every member of congress, in some rambo 3shit
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Thirteen

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 06:46:33 PM »
now there there, Don Rizzle.....where's that apology that you owe my great nation?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bush, Blair Work on Plan for African Aid By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 2 minutes ago

WASHINGTON -     President Bush and British Prime Minister     Tony Blair on Tuesday embraced a tentative plan to forgive the debt of poor African nations "on a path to reform" but failed to come together on Blair's calls to double aid to the troubled continent and tackle global warming.

ADVERTISEMENT

The leaders expressed confidence that the remaining details of a deal on African debt relief could be worked out among them and with the other countries attending next month's summit of major industrialized nations in Gleneagles, Scotland.

The leaders' agreement represented a milestone of sorts for the Bush-Blair relationship, in which the British leader has risked his own political standing at home to provide staunch support for U.S.     Iraq policies but not often gained reward from the White House.

Standing alongside Blair, Bush also for the first time addressed a 2002 memo to the prime minister from a top British intelligence official suggesting that the United States had bent intelligence to justify a decision to invade Iraq and sought British cooperation in doing so.

"There's nothing farther from the truth," Bush said. "Both of us didn't want to use our military. It was our last option."

Said Blair: "The facts were not being fixed in any shape or form at all."

Their face-to-face talks, the first since Blair narrowly won what Bush called a "landmark victory" for a third term, touched on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Iraq's halting progress toward stability and efforts to turn     Iran away from nuclear weapons pursuits.

In between talks in the Oval Office and a working dinner in the White House residence, Bush and Blair made plain that Africa was their top agenda item and sought to minimize differences.

Bush aides have said the United States wants to ensure that Blair's hosting of the July summit is deemed a success. But Blair has made global warming and dramatically stepped-up aid to Africa the main topics of the meeting, and Bush has opposed most of what the British leader wants to do — or how he wants to do it.

Hinting at the outlines of a deal in progress on debt forgiveness, each leader used language pleasing to the other.

Blair talked repeatedly about a key goal of Bush's: requiring African countries receiving help to be committed to "governance against corruption, in favor of democracy, in favor of the rule of law."

"It's not a something-for-nothing deal," Blair said.

Added Bush: "Highly indebted developing countries that are on the path to reform should not be burdened by mountains of debt."

For his part, Bush gave support to Blair's desire that organizations such as the     World Bank and the African Development Bank not be required to absorb the losses from the debt forgiveness and thus reduce the overall pot of money available for assisting needy countries.

"Our countries are developing a proposal for the G-8 that will eliminate 100 percent of that debt and that, by providing additional resources, will preserve the financial integrity of the World Bank and the African Development Bank," he said.

There was no public talk, however, of how disagreements over the financing of debt forgiveness would be resolved. The Bush administration had previously rejected Blair's proposals to raise money by selling bonds on the world's capital markets and by selling off some of the     International Monetary Fund's massive gold reserves.

Bush also announced an African emergency famine relief initiative, with the United States to provide $674 million, the British to put in an unknown, but lesser, amount, and both calling on other nations to increase their contributions.

Along with debt relief, Blair wants summit participants to double current Africa aid levels, as part of a push to go beyond emergency relief in favor of more comprehensive, long-term help for the continent's problems.

Bush didn't retreat from his position against a doubling of American money, saying that the United States has already tripled its Africa aid during Bush's four years in office, to $3.2 billion in 2004, and that "we'll do more down the road." The president argued that calculating aid contributions as a percentage of national income, as Blair's proposal does, is the wrong way to look at the matter.

"There's a lot of things that aren't counted," Bush said. "Our country has taken the lead in Africa, and we'll stay there. It's the right thing to do. It's important to help Africa get on her feet."

But amid a global lobbying tour with four weeks to go before the summit, Blair suggested he still had time to win the support he needs.

"There is a real and common desire to help that troubled continent come out of the poverty and deprivation that so many millions of its people suffer," Blair said. "It's our duty to act and we will."

Bush and Blair remained farthest apart on global warming.

"I've always said it's a serious long-term issue that needs to be dealt with," Bush said. But he fell far short of Blair's call for "clear and immediate action" to address rising temperatures, saying, "We want to know more about it."

The president, who opposes the kind of government mandates contained in the 1997 Kyoto treaty ratified by 140 nations but not the United States, questions whether manmade pollutants are the cause of global warming. He said the focus should be on research into new technologies and clean-energy sources.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 04:20:00 AM »
I may have gone too far in my comments in the heat of the moment but you won't get an apoligy i'm still very dissatisfied with american support for any our policies

bush hasn't really given anything new, we had already agreed to write off africa's debt its just how we go about it, and there been no progress on increasing aid or climate change

US President George W Bush is set to pledge $674m (£350m) in aid for Africa as part of a joint initiative with visiting UK Prime Minister Tony Blair.
Mr Blair is in Washington to press for the president's support for his plans to get Africa back on its feet.
Mr Bush has already rejected several key parts of Britain's relief plan - but Mr Blair insisted there had been "significant progress" on a deal.
Aid groups criticised Mr Bush's cash pledge as a mere "drop in the ocean".
Jonathan Glennie of Christian Aid said: "If this is President Bush's only response to the crisis in Africa, we think he cannot be serious about alleviating poverty."
The $674m is destined largely for Ethiopia and Eritrea, countries threatened by famine, and for humanitarian needs in other African countries.
This money is part of the US aid budget that had already been announced but had not yet been allocated to a country

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 01:02:29 PM »
Maybe Tony Blair should watch Ali G Indahouse.

Keep...It...Real...

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 02:06:14 PM »
i hope you guys don't really wish ALL americans are killed, saying that america is some kind of "evil scheme" then you guys saying you wish a nuke will lay the whole country down is fucking more evil when you got about 10 million people on tv (americans) trying to get this whole african debt relief off the ground, a great deal of the country supports this shit and you wanna kill us. FUCK YOU....sheeeeit. then do you relize how much the world economy will hurt if there is no america/mexico AND CANADA (because that's what will happen if a nuke goes off in america. so good luck with that wishing, you'll be in the same looking shack along with those africans we're tryin to save.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 02:20:23 PM »
i hope you guys don't really wish ALL americans are killed, saying that america is some kind of "evil scheme" then you guys saying you wish a nuke will lay the whole country down is fucking more evil when you got about 10 million people on tv (americans) trying to get this whole african debt relief off the ground, a great deal of the country supports this shit and you wanna kill us. FUCK YOU....sheeeeit. then do you relize how much the world economy will hurt if there is no america/mexico AND CANADA (because that's what will happen if a nuke goes off in america. so good luck with that wishing, you'll be in the same looking shack along with those africans we're tryin to save.
if you took that as serious then your a fool, tony blair has sacrificed a hell of a lot at home (and in europe) it almost cost him his job but its certainly deminished his power by supporting bush. now it seems its all being thrown back in his (our) face. bush failed to sort out the israel palestine issue by not pressuring the israelis enough, he doesn't support tackling global warming and he didn't go far enough in support of the africa intiative. sucess in just one of them would satisfy me i don't think thats too much to ask.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 01:34:52 AM »
if you took that as serious then your a fool, tony blair has sacrificed a hell of a lot at home (and in europe) it almost cost him his job but its certainly deminished his power by supporting bush. now it seems its all being thrown back in his (our) face. bush failed to sort out the israel palestine issue by not pressuring the israelis enough, he doesn't support tackling global warming and he didn't go far enough in support of the africa intiative. sucess in just one of them would satisfy me i don't think thats too much to ask.

that's all fine and dandy but how does that justify wanting or "implying" that ALL of america should be nuked when most of america does support the african debt relief idea? plus didn't it take bob geldolf to convince tony blair to support this?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 01:37:09 AM by Fear and Loathing in Bakersfield »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 05:49:05 AM »
I want america to be punished for their arrogence and letting us down, al quaeda are the only ones in a position to be pusnish you, it doesn't mean i support them at all, because i wish they would all sponaniously combust this second.

no bob geldoff wasn't the one to convince tb, hes only gotten involved in the last couple of months blair has been talking about this for atleast a year, if your talking about influencing his policy you may want to look inside no.10 because its more likely to be mrs blair.

to be honest i think geldoff has been irrisponsible and is only trying create a legacy for himself, he called for a million peopel to march to edinborough for the g8 summit which is more people than have ever been there before (at one time) without contacting edinborough council, who also have lots of other demonstrations going on round the g8 summit. and holding a big rock concert doesn't really show solidarity for changing the rule book with africa, alot of people will be going for the headline bands and not give a toss about the cause, which i think the concert don't hold much weight.

J Bananas

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2005, 02:48:41 PM »
Europe should do more to remove the twist from their panties and let America do it's thing without constant bitching.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2005, 11:15:55 PM »
^ forget what europe should do, here's what you should do:

1. re read the sentence u just wrote

2. ask your self, who is "Europe"?

3. ask your self, what the fuck is "removing twists from panties"? Letting "America do its thing"??

Do you even know what youre talking about ? Do you have any idea about the topic? This goof thinks this shit is a headline ticker.
Let America do its own thing. Slaughtering people for decades is simply doin its own thing. Dumb fuckin posters in this forum are clogging up the place, and theyre growing at a rapid pace. But Im the Blade of this bitch, and whupping parasites aint no thang.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 01:21:55 AM »
the concert don't hold much weight.

lol okay buddy  a lot of money will be raised because of this