Author Topic: why I think westcoast rap doesn't get enough props  (Read 88 times)

budsmokeronly

why I think westcoast rap doesn't get enough props
« on: July 17, 2002, 07:34:10 AM »
This is my theory on why westcoast music and artists (Cube, Daz, Quik, etc.) doesn't get the props it deserves or the sales.

Westcoast music was pretty much started in the early 90's with NWA.  Sure there was WC rap before that but NWA really made it popular.  Then along came Death Row records and all their hits, and then 2pac.  All of this lasted untill 1996.  Well I really started getting into the music in late 94 when I was 14 years old.  Probably a majority of the fans of rap were probably somewhere near that age.  Well now it is 8 years later and all the fans are a lot older now.  I think a lot of people have grown out of gangsta rap.  I personally know a lot of people who were into it all throughout the 90's but now they are into all types of music and barely listen to rap.  Think about how gangsta rap is viewed by the public.  I mean how many of you can sit down and play songs like Bomb ass pussy, or Fuck you, or Bitch Please, or Daz, or spice 1 in front of your family.  Or in front of your grandparents, or your girlfriend, or your boss.  Are you gonna put Doggystyle on for your wedding?  Or are you gonna be blasting Daz for your little kids.  I just think a majority of the people who supported these artist back in the day just don't really listen to gangsta rap anymore.  It is sad but true.  Me, I will listen to it till the day I die.  I will quit smoking weed before I quit listening to Doggystyle or the Chronic.  Just my theory, post your thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: why I think westcoast rap doesn't get enough p
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 07:49:35 AM »
shit i had never seen it this way.. but i guess its the same for the eastcoast isnt it? it may not have as many GANGSTA influences as the west but still..
peace

lbc213

Re: why I think westcoast rap doesn't get enough p
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 07:57:08 AM »
Are you gonna put Doggystyle on for your wedding?

Sure do, i ll be sippin on gin & juice