Author Topic: ***Question for the eBay folks...***  (Read 228 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
***Question for the eBay folks...***
« on: June 05, 2005, 04:09:24 AM »
I know that Justin is a lot on eBay, so he might know this...

I was going through a Source magazine from 1999 (Q-Tip on the cover) and I came across an add for 50 Cent's album "The Power Of The Dollar". I know this album never came out, but considering 50's status right now, do you think I'd get a nice price for this if I put it on eBay? I know it's not that rare (after all, it did appear in The Source), but still...I don't think that everyone saves their Source issues, so I don't think a lot of people will have this...There must be some big 50 Cent fans out there who'd like to get their hands on this (well, that's what I'm hoping for at least, lol).

I also got 4 promotional Game posters + 2 Game stickers (were sent to me by the BWS camp 'cause I bought 2 shirts)...and I'm definitely holding on to these things. You never know that Game might reach some sort of "legendary status" and that some people will be willing to pay a lot of money for these Documentary posters. Let us suppose that Game reaches the kind of status in 2015 that Snoop now has...then that's like being able to buy a promotional poster for his Doggystyle album, right?

Hit me back...I'm curious to know whether I'll be able to make some money off this 8)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 04:18:21 AM by CRAFTY »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: ***Question for the eBay folks...***
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 04:13:18 AM »
i'm not sure man, like you say it's not really that rare so i wouldn't get my hopes up

as for the posters...you never know.  the way you've compared it with a promo poster for Doggystyle it does sound like something that could happen.  it may well be something people will pay a lot of money for in the future.
NO MORE WAR

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 08:36:43 AM »
Type in the item you have, see if anyone is selling the same thing.  Click on the "completed auction" link deal and see if the items you own sold in the past and for how much.

I knew my WC & Maad Circle cd always sells for big $$ so I put a $60 reserve on it.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 08:41:36 AM »
folks??? take your brothers dick out of your mouth please.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 09:34:38 AM »
I've never used eBay, so uhm...how does this bidding thing work? 'Cause I just noticed that someone is selling his Twinz album "Conversation", and the price is at $3.99...so pretty interesting.

Once I've placed my bid, am I forced to buy it then?

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 09:36:24 AM »
^ unless you get outbid yes

We Fly High

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 11:23:58 AM »
youre not forced to buy it if u bid on it. but if you get enough non paying strikes (like 2 or 3), they'll shut down your account.

but anyways in regards to the source ad for Power of the Dollar... I really do not think that would sell much....the ad isnt that old, and 50's stuff just aint as big as a commodity as 2pac or something. maybe once 50 died, it might be worth something, but for now, i doubt you would be able to sell it for much, especially since the ad was distributed in such a widespread fashion (eg. the Source).

The Game posters too are fairly common on ebay. you can find ones with dre, him in just the lowrider, or the one like the album cover. all different kinds. but yeah i dont think these will sell for much either. maybe 10$ top for each poster.. if you hold onto them long enough, im sure they will become rare. but thats going to have to wait another 10 or so years..

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 03:31:18 AM »
youre not forced to buy it if u bid on it. but if you get enough non paying strikes (like 2 or 3), they'll shut down your account.

but anyways in regards to the source ad for Power of the Dollar... I really do not think that would sell much....the ad isnt that old, and 50's stuff just aint as big as a commodity as 2pac or something. maybe once 50 died, it might be worth something, but for now, i doubt you would be able to sell it for much, especially since the ad was distributed in such a widespread fashion (eg. the Source).

The Game posters too are fairly common on ebay. you can find ones with dre, him in just the lowrider, or the one like the album cover. all different kinds. but yeah i dont think these will sell for much either. maybe 10$ top for each poster.. if you hold onto them long enough, im sure they will become rare. but thats going to have to wait another 10 or so years..

I see...thanks for the feedback Justin.

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 10:28:15 AM »
Hold on to them, I see loads of auctions on Ebay UK for Power Of The Doller, might be bootleg, not checked it out cos I dont like fiddy to much.
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 05:41:25 PM »
i saw that cd go for about $80 USD a while back...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 03:17:05 AM »
Another question about that Twinz CD that dude's selling: his price is at $3.99...so am I allowed to place a bid of $4.00? Or does the bid have to be more than 1 dollar?

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 03:30:48 AM »
Another question about that Twinz CD that dude's selling: his price is at $3.99...so am I allowed to place a bid of $4.00? Or does the bid have to be more than 1 dollar?

when u click on it, it should tell u wot u can bid

it'll say like "bid $4.10 or higher" or something  but if u bid that and it says "you've been outbid again" then u gotta bid more
NO MORE WAR

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 03:51:14 AM »
^^^^I see...thanks.
Anyone knows what "in MINT condition" means?

We Fly High

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 04:06:46 AM »
it means its in perfect condition , probably not played and probably unused.
mint condition usually means the item is brand new.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 08:59:35 AM »
^^^^Good to hear that.
One more question: if I place an "automatic bid", can the other people see how much I actually placed as the maximum bid?