Author Topic: Anyone watch HBO's "The Wire" or "The Corner"  (Read 90 times)

We Fly High

Anyone watch HBO's "The Wire" or "The Corner"
« on: June 05, 2005, 06:26:17 PM »
i just ordered these two dvd sets. I already have The Wire season 1, so i ordered season 2.. not sure when season 3s going to be out.. Season 1 was fucking dope as fuck, up in baltimore, all about the dope game in the projects. better than any other HBO Series, oz, sopranos, etc..
The baddest character is Omar, got a fat scar on his face (from the Game How We Do video, comes on about when dj quik comes on). he plays a homo thug, but hes so gangstered out, that you totally forget his homo tendencies. fool straight lays down the murdergame. hes also going to be in the new movie with The Game called "Millionaire Boyz Club", you prob seen a trailer of it if u went to How the west was one... so yeah season one is all about the towers and the projects, and season 2 starts to focus on a a different kind of trafficking.. with human trade... like starts to focus on traffickin through the harbors and the ports, a different part of the whole game.

The Corner came out a few years ago a short miniseries, only 6 1 hour episodes. but its supposed to be real grimey, i ahvent seen it yet. but it was on HBO too, and produced by the same people who did The Wire, so i had to cop it.

so for those who have watched it? what do you guys think of the shows?

Acgrundy

Re: Anyone watch HBO's "The Wire" or "The Corner"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 06:32:48 PM »
I never watched the wire cuz I don't like those police shows like csi and law and order and all that.  sopranos is pretty much the only serious tv show I have ever liked, other than that its gotta be comedy for me.

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 08:42:13 PM »
you should check out the The Wire. its totally dope cos it shows you from the perspective of the dealers and the project  boys. not just from the cops angle...
i think this show is much better than sopranos, and leagues above law and order or CSI. law and order and cSI pretty much suck. the storyline for the wire actually comes out legit, and is thoroughly thought out, hella intricate, not some hella contrived and bs storylines that CSI always has.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 03:38:29 AM »
We have the Sopranos here in Belgium (which is pretty cool), but they don't show "The Wire" :-X Which is fucked up, 'cause like you said, I heard it's pretty good!
I think I'll order the DVD sets off Amazon or something...

How is OZ? We don't have that either...(from what I know it's about life in prison, right?)

ABN

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 06:30:36 AM »
^yea but i think they stopped making OZ in 2000 but it´s dope. Adebesi is on crazy mofo and aint Omar called Michael Williams or something like that? i know he´s gonna be starring in Game´s and Jimmy Henchmen´s movie that they got coming out this year. and the Omar in OZ is another crzay motherfucker.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 06:32:23 AM by Drink Away The Pain »

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 08:14:57 AM »
yeah oz is about prison. that shit was kinda too crazy for me though, showing hella prison rape scenes and danglin dicks and shit. from what i remember, they re-use one of the characters from the wire in oz. the bodie guy in wire. also carmella from sopranos plays a cop in oz so that shit looks hella weird, shes supposed to be wife of mafia don in one show, and plays cop in another.

i bet game wanted to be in a movie with this michael williams guy so bad after watching the wire. guys straigth up the most gangster fool i ever seen on tv.

ABN

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 08:24:09 AM »
yea OZ can be a little too weird sometimes like when they showed Adebesi fucking Peter Schibetta and shit like that. and showin Beecher shittin in Schillinger´s face and stuff like that.

We Fly High

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 09:57:52 AM »
yea OZ can be a little too weird sometimes like when they showed Adebesi fucking Peter Schibetta and shit like that. and showin Beecher shittin in Schillinger´s face and stuff like that.

haha i havent seen anything like that yet.

Method Man is actually in The Wire season 3 too.
man in just about every music video i see these days, all the wire actors are up in there. they were in the boyz n the hood one by dem boyz. dennis cutty and slim charles. bodie is in hella videos, all over. Avon barksdale plays the main character in Paid in full too.

305LIVE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 06:40:54 AM »
the corner ussed to be on years ago, it was some real-live baltimore shit!!!!!anybody been their!!!!thtas what really goes down !!!!
big-up to alll the bmore cats!!!!
AL  1