Author Topic: concert review: common @ the house of blues sunset  (Read 93 times)

We Fly High

concert review: common @ the house of blues sunset
« on: June 07, 2005, 01:08:45 PM »
shit was aiite.. i expected a lot more since when i saw mos def last october, it was mos, talib, common, and kanye all four together...

but anyways common rocked the stage this time.. did all his cuts, i used to love her, the light, sixth sense, come close, a bunch of tracks off his BE album, testify, the first song on the album, Go, corners, etc..

jay dilla came out for one song... and then when common was performing a bunch of old school hip hop classics, MC Lyte came out and ripped a verse.

and then he left the stage for a minute, and then fucking dave chappelle and Chris rock both come out to reintroduce him in the same manner as the chappelle show, and common came out to perform Food, sixth sense and some other tracks..

I always hella liked sixth sense, def the strongest cut on like water for choc. but i never thought that he would choose it as his final song to perform.

mauzip

Re: concert review: common @ the house of blues sunset
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 05:08:14 PM »
sounds like it was a good show. he's gonna perform in holland soon, but i don't have tickets :(

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 04:59:09 PM »
Damn thats tite that Chappelle and Chris Rock were there.

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 05:43:44 PM »
yea thats dope chapelle and rock were there
means that chapelle is back in the states at least haha

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 05:48:54 PM »
They probly gonna show it on the new episodes (when he gets a rapper to perform)