Author Topic: Daz Dillinger will sign to Doggy Style Records!  (Read 1952 times)

themovie

Re: Daz Dillinger will sign to Doggy Style Records
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2002, 08:39:28 AM »

i wish warren could hook up with the twinz, dove shack, 5 footaz and foesum to bring back the gfunk music...they all under one label...but nah, better stop dreamin right here  ;D

Damn....i'd like to see another Twinz album.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

PLANT

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2002, 08:45:31 AM »
dawm, myrealname, i think u should close your  mouth a lil bit, man you postin about every 2 or 3 posts wtf, i think we understand what u sayin and we understand that u want cuzzinz first album. now pleez

LOL,

good point Slick ;D

themovie

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2002, 08:49:33 AM »
dawm, myrealname, i think u should close your  mouth a lil bit, man you postin about every 2 or 3 posts wtf, i think we understand what u sayin and we understand that u want cuzzinz first album. now pleez

Because i was high...

Juice

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2002, 09:13:10 AM »
Sorry for the dumb thing. I was just pissed at "ANTONIO DONT KNOW SHIT" thing and at themovie's posts.

1) you didn't know that only ONE fan actually paid up for $500... how many other holes are there in you information? (btw Kronik gave this information out)

2) Some of the projects have OBVIOUSLY had to CANCELLED be since they were to be done with Kurupt.  DUMMY how can he make projects with someone he doesnt work with anymore!?!?!

3) again HOLES in your DUMB POST!! daz has mentioned these projects many times in many different places. as we have PROVED you dont seem to know all the details DUMMY!!

1) Kronik is now all of a sudden a reliable source? I know some Pac fans claiming they was been so morons to pay 500$. At least 3. And i remember some others posted in the DPG Forum. Only guys asking for quick fame? LOL. I dont know. But it doesnt matter for real if they paid 500$ or 40$. It's the same. IMO Daz didnt even had to start asking money if he wasnt 100% sure that it was possible to release the album. That's the 1st rule if you are a seller/CEO.

2) Hold on, hold on..
The Life & Times Of Eazy E
Daz & Ghetto G
P.F.N.
The Gang
Greatest Beats & Rhymes
Goldie Loc
etc etc etc..

Where's Kurupt here? And btw.. Daz is still releasing Kurupt tracks! Just check THIS IS THE LIFE I LEAD.

3) What do you mean? And then? He mentioned them in various places and?

1) daz owns the tracks
2) you are correct daz does have to pay afeni if pac is on a track.
3) afeni claimed pac paid for the studio time. therefore claiming that she owned the tracks. meaning daz had to go to court with receipts to prove he paid for it. (this was the major cause of delay)
4) daz proved his case. BUT.. afeni refused daz clearance to release the tracks. thereby blocking daz's project. daz agreed with afeni that if she releases the verses first he can release his project after.
5) this means Afeni blocked it so she could make more money out of pac's tracks.

1) Daz owes the LYRICS and the BEATS, not the tracks.
2)
3) So i was correct. Afeni owes the tracks now.
4)
5) Obviously. What's wrong about it? I wanted to see you if you was Afeni.

STILL...
THIS ONLY PROVES HOW WAS BEEN A BAD MOVE TO ASK MONEY FOR MAKAVELI & DILLINGER, MAN!

Get it, pls. I'm saying that you dont ask money if you aint 100% sure you can release the album. And i think EVERYBODY in the world WAS SUSPICIOUS, AT LEAST! So?

btw maybe thamovie was right: who cares? Nobody from this board paid for Mak & Dilli and nobody cares about the other projects more than SNOOP & DAZ. So... it's cool. This is what the board wants, this is what we all was dreaming in the last months. It's happening. Cool. Peace.

Don Seer

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2002, 09:23:15 AM »
No!!

Afeni doesnt own the tracks!

Daz paid for studio time, they're his.. but they still need approval from the estate for usage.

Daz agreed to let her use them first so that he could release his stuff at all! He cant drop Mak&Dilli until Afeni has had the verses run by some lame pop-ass producers.

Basically she blackmailed his ass.

Juice

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2002, 10:01:41 AM »
No!!

Afeni doesnt own the tracks!

Daz paid for studio time, they're his.. but they still need approval from the estate for usage.

Daz agreed to let her use them first so that he could release his stuff at all! He cant drop Mak&Dilli until Afeni has had the verses run by some lame pop-ass producers.

Basically she blackmailed his ass.

Yeah, and she did it with other rappers too. I just find it arrogant how Daz thought to have the rights to release the cd without even asking it to Afeni, like Amaru said. Expecially for 500$. AFENI doesnt owe the tracks? Ok, that's some legal shit, but SHE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN RELEASE THEM! No matter if she owes the tracks or if she has to pay.

SHE OWES THE RIGHTS! That's what i mean. She's the last one who got the word to speak. She owes the rights of ALL THE TRACKS OF PAC, no matter where they from and who got the propriety of the tapes etc.

Daz owes the tracks recorded on tape (or whatever it is), and Afeni owes the RIGHTS OF THE TRACKS!

Like the judge said after the Afeni vs Death Row/Suge trial.

Afeni doesnt owe the tracks tecnically, but pratically she's the one who chose if a track can be released or not. Oh.. and one thing: she can use Pac's verses and lyrics without even adding Daz in the track.

Don Seer

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2002, 10:12:37 AM »
Daz wasn't being arrogant!

he paid for the studio time and the tracks were collabos for him and pac.
they were meant for a daz/pac album.

daz was going to cut in afeni for the right amount/points etc.

Daz owns the tracks! (how many times i have to say this?). Afeni just has to 'Ok' the usage of the material because it features pac. its like snoop giving dre clearance when they work together.. dre may own it.. but he cant use it if snoop dont like it.(ok u said technically she doesnt.. so we agree now)

i dont see any problem with this?

she's not the only one who can release them!
but.. she has to approve any usage of 2pac material.

she blocked daz releasing them first so she could make more money.

afeni has pulled sheisty shit in the past. like what happened with bad azz not being paid for krazy saying shit like "you should be lucky to have worked with pac at all" and fucking up his first album by blocking the use of the song "ghetto star" just before it dropped.. he had to remove pac's verses.

That last point about Daz is true.
I dont understand why the re-hash 2pacs stuff.. this shit was meant to be heard with daz, just like Ghetto Star OG they go back2back on that track.

(ghetto star OG intro)
bad azz : for all my low-life thug niggaz
2pac : for all my niggaz in the hood.. living the life of a ghetto star

its not right to stop this! the song seems empty without pac!

thank god for the makavelli bootlegs so we know how she's fucked and distorted his works.

Juice

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2002, 10:36:38 PM »
Daz wasn't being arrogant!

Hell yeah he was been! To ask for money when you know you gotta ask Afeni authorization.... and you didnt do it.. it's not only arrogant, but stupid, immature and ridicule! And to think to make a war with Afeni AFTER you asked money for the cd it's even more stupid! Expecially if you started to ask 500$ for the cd! What the fuck he expected from Afeni? To allow him to get a lot of money from an EP like that? Damn the more i think about it, the more i think Daz was been soooo stupid!

Daz owns the tracks! (how many times i have to say this?). Afeni just has to 'Ok' the usage of the material because it features pac.

LOL, so who's the boss? Afeni! Who can chose if it's ok to release the EP? Afeni! Who do you have to contact? Afeni! Ok, probably Afeni alone doesnt have the legal rights to release that EP (probably cause she doesnt even HAVE the songs), but damn.. how insane is to start asking 500$ for an EP you dont even have the rights to release? If i invited Pac in my studio in 1996 to make a track with me, no matter what, i cant release it if i dont ask authorization to Afeni! The judge doesnt give a fuck if it's "MY" track or "Pac's" track! It's still a track with PAC in it! And Afeni owes Pac's verses, voice, etc. So she got the rights to let me release it or to ask it for her upcoming cd.

i dont see any problem with this?

she's not the only one who can release them!
but.. she has to approve any usage of 2pac material.

she blocked daz releasing them first so she could make more money.

You wrote it well. I dont see the problem. She wanna make money. Daz wanted to make hella money. So? It's not that Daz wanted to release 6 tracks for free, lol!

afeni has pulled sheisty shit in the past. like what happened with bad azz not being paid for krazy saying shit like "you should be lucky to have worked with pac at all" and fucking up his first album by blocking the use of the song "ghetto star" just before it dropped.. he had to remove pac's verses.

Naw, man. It's a problem with Death Row. Afeni got nothing to do with MAKAVELI THE DON KILLUMINATI. It's totally a Death Row release. The trial about Pac's legacy wasnt even finished at that time, sorry.

That last point about Daz is true.
I dont understand why the re-hash 2pacs stuff.. this shit was meant to be heard with daz, just like Ghetto Star OG they go back2back on that track.

(ghetto star OG intro)
bad azz : for all my low-life thug niggaz
2pac : for all my niggaz in the hood.. living the life of a ghetto star

its not right to stop this! the song seems empty without pac!

thank god for the makavelli bootlegs so we know how she's fucked and distorted his works.

LOL. Let's make this example. Death Row owes a Snoop Dogg & Pac track. What they have to do? To ask Afeni authorization to release the track (and it's not a problem) and to ask SNOOP DOGG authorization to release the track! PROBLEM! Then they have to pay Snoop (PROBLEM!). Feel me? So it's better for them to replace Snoop with Crooked I.

Or Death Row got a tight as fuck track of Pac produced by Daz Dillinger. Do you think they'll release it with Daz's beat? Or that Daz will give DR authorization?

Think about it too.

Plus sometimes PAC recorded tracks without having asked authorization for the beats. For example WHEN THUGZ CRY. The OG got the same beat of a Sting track (Fragile). And Sting just didnt want to give authorization or asked too much. What do you do then? Spend all the budget you have for the cd just to buy the beat? (if it's possible?) or do you spend less to remix it?

Bad Azz made Ghetto Star? WHAT? Do you want Suge to promote him by releasing a track of him with Pac? Isnt Bad Azz the one dissing DR? (I dont wanna die, etc..). Think about it. What if they can change his verses with... i dunno.. Kurupt? Isnt it better for them?

I agree it's not good for Pac, but trust me.. Afeni and Suge doesnt give a fuck about his legacy and his tracks! IT'S ALL ABOUT BUSINESS!

Don Seer

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2002, 10:42:14 PM »
news story about the Bad Azz vs Death Row/Afeni

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=8961&cf=6251

Bad Azz sues 2Pac's estate and others for failing to credit and pay him

Los Angeles-based Priority recording artist Bad Azz is filing a $500,000lawsuit against Tupac Shakur's estate|, as well as Deathrow Records,Interscope Records, Joshua's Dream, Interscope Pearl Music, Suge Publishing,and Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp., for breach of fiduciary duty, LanhamAct violations, breach of implied contract, misappropriation of voice,accounting, and declaratory relief. In the US District Court of Californiaon Friday, August 20, Bad Azz alleged said parties failed to pay royaltiesor properly credit him for rhyming on, and co-writing, "Krazy," a songfeatured on 2Pac's 1996 album, Makeveli's The Don Killuminati: The SevenDay Theory.
The suit reads, in part, "As [Bad Azz] and Tupac were co-writers of thesong, Tupac and Afeni [2Pac's mother and estate administrator], owed [BadAzz] fiduciary duties of loyalty, trust, and confidence which required Tupacand Afeni to act in the best interests of [Bad Azz] and not to use theirfiduciary position for their own benefit or to the detriment of [Bad Azz].Tupac and Afeni breached their fiduciary duties by 1) not accounting to andpaying [Bad Azz] his share of revenue generated by the song; and 2) failingto take steps to assure [Bad Azz] received appropriate label credit as asongwriter." Bad Azz is seeking back royalties for his work on theMakeveli album, which Soundscan credits as having sold over 3.5million copies.

You have a lot of events and times mixed up.

The Ghetto Star thing was years before the later disses.

themovie

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2002, 10:44:19 PM »
Daz Dillinger will sign to Doggy Style Records,why u wanna always talk about Makaveli n dillinger on every topic ? ? ?  :P

themovie

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2002, 10:50:54 PM »
news story about the Bad Azz vs Death Row/Afeni

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=8961&cf=6251

You have a lot of events and times mixed up.

The Ghetto Star thing was years before the later disses.

That diss is in Personal business

Don Seer

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2002, 10:56:47 PM »
^ exactly..... antonio's trying to argue that a track on bad azz's FIRST ALBUM was affected by a diss on his SECOND ALBUM.. years later  ::)

themovie

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2002, 10:58:31 PM »
AH AH AH....what a moron!

Artist: Bad Azz f/ Daz Dillinger
Album:  Personal Business
Song:   Don't Wanna Die

(Bad Azz)
Who me? I mean death before dishoner
Find what corner they hang on so we can roll up on 'em
Jump out on 'em, click, pull the pump out on 'em
Whose the punk out of 'em, blast and dazzle, Bad mash 'em
Thrashin, heat on these decilous streets
Sayin shoot until I ruined all my enemies feats
Nigga fuck rappin, we into killin and scrappin
Over bullshit that happened, nigga duckin while we cappin
And FUCK you niggas, hatin little Pac imitators
Wanna be Outlawz, nigga Snoop the Top Dogg
Turn rappers into ??? , tell 'em who's the ?? Chronic
These slugs, for you wanna be thugs, we stay up on it
Nigga don't it feel good to be a D.P.G.
We escaped from Death Row, you're still locked in the click
I'm in Detroit with five niggas, two glocks in my mit
When you see us better pop 'fore you shot, what you thinkin

Juice

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2002, 12:16:19 AM »
Ok, ok.. i have to reply! ;D

First of all AFENI never said to Baz Azz what u wrote ("you should be lucky to have worked with pac at all"), but it was been Snoop to say that, in an interview. He was like: "they were like.." and i think he was referring to Death Row.

That's the interview btw.

VIBE: You've stolen the show on a lot of guest appearances. What are your favorites?

Bad Azz: I feel like I've been blessed to do some nice things in the rap game [but] I haven't done the "nicest" thing yet. I did a duet with the late great Tupac on that [Makaveli] album [entitled "Krazy"]. The song wasn't all the way planned. I fell into the studio one day. Him and the Outlawz was working, and he was like "What's up?" like he was rushing them. "Somebody got something? Drop something!" And he had two verses [of "Krazy"] playing, and I said "I got something for it." He was like, "Go drop it!" I vibed off that song.

It was crazy because … that rap I wrote two days before that. It was just a feeling. You know how you be in touch with yourself a certain way? It was just one of those down days.

VIBE: I heard a rumor that you had to get some lawyers involved to make sure you got paid for "Krazy." Care to talk about that?

Bad Azz: Yeah. Everyone keeps sayin' that I'm suing Tupac's mom. I ain't never took his mom to court, and I would never take no money out his mom's pocket. Me and him had a relationship that was friends and music. If there was any money exchanged, it was because of the love.

Snoop (talking to Bad Azz): But you know what though? If 'Pac was alive, you wouldn'tna went through that bullshit. But since bullshit muthafuckas running his, they felt like, "Nigga, 'Pac gave you a chance on this record, nigga - you don't deserve no money! You oughta be thankful." And that's what be the fucked-up mentality a lot of times.

[Turning his attention to VIBE.com] If 'Pac respected [Bad Azz] enough to let him rap on this shit, goddamnit, break bread with him, even if you give a nigga 50 cent! [They] wanna act like a nigga ain't got nothing coming. A nigga got to eat! [He] gave his all up on that song, and true indeed it was with 'Pac, but goddamn, [Bad Azz] did his damn thang too!

That's how the game go, but me personally, when I get down with muthafuckas, I don't do it like that. I break bread. Everybody that fuck with me done got chipped off. You'll never hear nothin' about Snoop Dogg not payin' a nigga! I pay muthafuckas - up front, behind the wall, under the table, it don't matter.

So, like you can see, Bad Azz doesnt have problems with Afeni, like he explained. But with lawyers (of Tupac's Estate) and with Death Row (it's a diss to them, if you read it carefully). The problem, like Snoop explained, is that Tupac is dead, so nobody can be 100% sure Pac wanted to release that track, and that he wanted to pay Bad Azz etc.. Bad Azz even said he wasnt supposed to be in the track!! It's not so simple!

Another proof: in the outro of the track Pac says "Killuminati, 3 day theory!". So it's obvious that this track wasnt supposed to be released in his next album, at least not like that, lol. So? THE DON KILLUMINATI was meant to be originally an EP. Then Death Row made it a LP, by adding this track and other tracks. And they didnt give Bad Azz credits. It's a problem of Death Row first, man!!! Why suing 2Pac's Estate? LOL. They get the money from all the tracks of Pac. But it's a Death Row thing to add Baz Azz in the credits and to pay him. Or at least to reserve a part of the money from the sales of MAKAVELI to Bad Azz.

Ok, Bad Azz's suing the whole world to get credits (suing Death Row) and money (suing Tupac's Estate), but:
1) You gotta wait for the reply of the judge before commenting it, and we dont even know if Bad Azz is still continuing with this shit or if somebody paid him etc..
2) You gotta see Afeni's reaction/reply. Not only the Baz Azz one. You are innocent till proven guilty.

The fucked up thing was been done by DEATH ROW, IMO.

Juice

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2002, 12:44:37 AM »
^ exactly..... antonio's trying to argue that a track on bad azz's FIRST ALBUM was affected by a diss on his SECOND ALBUM.. years later  ::)

DAMN, where in the hell i said that? You didnt get the point, lemme explain again. I wrote:

Bad Azz made Ghetto Star? WHAT? Do you want Suge to promote him by releasing a track of him with Pac? Isnt Bad Azz the one dissing DR? (I dont wanna die, etc..). Think about it. What if they can change his verses with... i dunno.. Kurupt? Isnt it better for them?

I meant another thing.. (i thought i wrote that, but i was in a hurry and i didnt explain it well). In the next 2Pac's DR album, there'll probably be released a track called GHETTO STAR (those are the rumors). I mean.. do you want Death Row to release NOW that track with Bad Azz? The same one who's dissing them? Or to replace him with another Death Row member (example Kurupt?). Obviously they'll not pay for Bad Azz's verses and they'll cut him. I was talking in general about DR/AFENI not releasing NOW tracks in the OG form. Check the whole post! I didnt mean that not giving Bad Azz the authorization to release GHETTO STAR was a revenge against Bad Azz. Who knows the truth? Maybe Afeni wanted to keep the track and the verses (one of the most spectacular ever) to make it the first single of a future album! I dont know the truth. Nobody knows. She said Pac made Dear Mama 2, but that she'll never release it. It's up to her to chose the tracks to release. You cant do nothing about it.

All i know for sure is that Bad Azz doesnt have problems with Afeni (like he said), that he's still repping Pac (Rest In Peace Mr. Shakur....  from the already quoted "I dont wanna die". And he made a tribute track too), and that he's down with the Lawz like nobody (the Lawz said he's the homie number 1, and he's in the DVD too).

So i'm sure it was been a business move or a Death Row move.