Author Topic: Daz Dillinger will sign to Doggy Style Records!  (Read 1983 times)

themovie

Re: Daz Dillinger will sign to Doggy Style Records
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2002, 12:44:49 AM »
DAZ first release on doggystyle is scheduled for an october release,now there isn't an official release date.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Juice

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2002, 12:47:53 AM »
Daz Dillinger will sign to Doggy Style Records,why u wanna always talk about Makaveli n dillinger on every topic ? ? ?  :P

Oh.. actually i'm even happy that Daz acted so immature! LOL. So now he'll give tracks to Afeni and Afeni will be able to release them! And if Daz will release his version too (but i doubt it), i'll be double-happy!

I'm just saying that he acted immature. And that it's not so nice to promote all his DPG Recordz project and then to delete them all to join Snoop. But i'd rather like to see a Snoop-Daz album than a Daz & Ghetto G album!

It all started cause i wrote the other side of the story, but i aint the one mad at Daz. We are just "SPEAKING" about something. If it's boring, let's cut the discussion now.

DAZ first release on doggystyle is scheduled for an october release,now there isn't an official release date.

Let's hope Doggystyle is faster than Death Row! I'd like to see his album within 2002. But i doubt it. Doggystyle got other projects right now. They'll probably use Daz with Soopa to produce tracks for other members. Probably for the Eastsidaz cd. Or for the next Snoop album (hopefully), since Fredwreck said they'll change it.

Don Seer

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2002, 12:51:29 AM »
My point is about 2pacs estate/Afeni... i see them as the same thing.. since she calls the shots...... right?

They've fucked Bad Azz over twice.

and they've been playing games wit daz...

That shit about saying pac paid for the studio time when daz did.

You still dont seem to understand.... Daz hasn't *given* the tracks to Afeni.. he's letting her use the material *he owns*(but she controls the usage of due to performance rights or whatever they're called).

Basically.. she's blackmailed daz....... who was willing to cut her the rightful chunk of  profits from the sales.

Juice

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2002, 12:59:34 AM »
My point is about 2pacs estate/Afeni... i see them as the same thing.. since she calls the shots...... right?

They've fucked Bad Azz over twice.

and they've been playing games wit daz...

(that shit about saying pac paid for the studio time when daz did)

Man.. Tupac's Estate is not AFENI! It's tons of lawyers trying to make the most money possible from TUPAC's work! I'm sure Afeni doesnt even know who the fuck Bad Azz is! Or she doesnt even personally know Daz! To say that Pac paid for Studio time is a classical procedure to start a trial. You got your version, Daz got his version. Since Pac isnt alive to certify it all, it's up to Daz to prove he really paid for Studio time. And he did. But it's not a personal war with Daz. Daz wanna make money off Pac, and Afeni wanna make money off Pac! It's business, not a personal war! But the fucked up thing is that Daz didnt even phone Afeni to talk about his project. That's what i'm saying. In fact they found a soluction, but AFTER TUPAC'S ESTATE (again.. not AFENI) had to menace and sue Daz Dillinger! It was better and quicker for Daz to phone Afeni. Or to sell the tracks to Afeni, if he really was the owner. In fact he did it.

And to ask money when he didnt have authorization to release the track is dumb, IMO. A little bit immature.

TUPAC'S ESTATE = Lawyers, who probably didnt even know Pac, and FO SHO they didnt know Daz Dillinger or Bad Azz

TUPAC'S MOM = Totally another thing. She's a normal woman, not an expert or a lawyer. She got men driving her. Lawyers.

Bad Azz is cool with Tupac's mom, like he said. He's just pissed off because of business problems, and i feel him. It's not easy to have GHETTO STAR, a damn HOT track with Pac (at his best) and to have to renunce to it. Or to have a track with Makaveli and to not see your name in the booklet or cash in your bank account. But it's def not Bad Azz vs Afeni.

Daz fucked up Afeni's rights to chose which tracks to release. He's the one who made the stupid step.

themovie

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2002, 01:00:53 AM »
Daz MUST BE behind the boards for the new east sidaz album!
Other projects ?
Welcome To The house vol.1
Duces,Trayz and Foes (with 4 life)

Don Seer

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2002, 01:00:58 AM »
AFENI CONTROLS THE ESTATE!... dont be blind...

here it is broken down into simple logic.

1) Does Daz own the recordings?  

Yes

2) Does Afeni own the recordings?

No

3) Can Daz use the recordings without Afeni permission?

No

3) Can Afeni use the recordings without Daz permission?

No. Since Daz owns them. (see point 1)

Now the final facts on how this has been resolved.
1) Afeni disputed  '1' above by saying Pac paid for them. Daz proved he owns the recordings in a court of law.

2) Afeni won't let Daz use the recordings before her, since she thinks that by releasing the verses herself she will have an advantage/make more money.

3) Daz can't release what he wants without Afeni cooperation. and already paid a lot of money out to retain his rights in case '1'.

Therefor Daz + Afeni agreed that if Daz gives her the verses to use first Daz can release what he wanted later.  
This last portion is basically blackmailing Daz/

Juice

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2002, 01:05:00 AM »
You still dont seem to understand.... Daz hasn't *given* the tracks to Afeni.. he's letting her use the material *he owns*(but she controls the usage of due to performance rights or whatever they're called).

Let's make it more simple!
There are tracks made by Pac. Daz owes them, cause he paid for studio time. To release them, he has to ask authorization to Pac. Pac can refuse and use his lyrics for another track, if he wants.

Now.. just replace Pac with Afeni. And it's like that. Daz has to ask Afeni (Pac) authorization. Afeni (Pac) can refuse and use his lyrics for another track, if she wants. But in this case she has to pay Daz or negotiate with Daz, cause Pac cant sing the song again.

All clear?

Daz totally missed this step:
- Daz has to ask Afeni (Pac) authorization.

themovie

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2002, 01:06:40 AM »
WHY THIS TOPIC NOW IS ALL ABOUT MAKAVELI N DILLINGER ? :(

Don Seer

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2002, 01:08:06 AM »
He didn't have to ask authorisation, he just had to break her off the proper share.

She got greedy.. tried to claim total ownership!

Juice

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2002, 01:09:12 AM »
AFENI CONTROLS THE ESTATE!... dont be blind...

here it is broken down into simple logic.

1) Does Daz own the recordings?  

Yes

2) Does Afeni own the recordings?

No

3) Can Daz use the recordings without Afeni permission?

No

3) Can Afeni use the recordings without Daz permission?

No. Since Daz owns them. (see point 1)

Now the final facts on how this has been resolved.
1) Afeni disputed  '1' above by saying Pac paid for them. Daz proved he owns the recordings in a court of law.

2) Afeni won't let Daz use the recordings before her, since she thinks that by releasing the verses herself she will have an advantage/make more money.

3) Daz can't release what he wants without Afeni cooperation. and already paid a lot of money out to retain his rights in case '1'.

Therefor Daz + Afeni agreed that if Daz gives her the verses to use first Daz can release what he wanted later.  
This last portion is basically blackmailing Daz/

Yes. But everybody is trying to make their interests, man.

It's all clear, if you read my previous post. Afeni didnt give Daz the authorization (to sell an EP for 500$, lol. Or 40$. Or whatever. And to only 2000 guys), cause they probably dont have good tracks enought for a next CD, and she wanna keep them for his upcoming Pac cd.

Like Snoop said, if Pac was alive, Daz had no problems asking him authorization. But Pac aint alive, and Tupac's estate gotta do everything they can to make money off Pac, cause they paid to do that.

Still IMO the fucked up thing is Daz missing that step.

Juice

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2002, 01:11:52 AM »
He didn't have to ask authorisation, he just had to break her off the proper share.

She got greedy.. tried to claim total ownership!

Actually Daz wanted to release the tracks for 500$ or whatever without even paying TUPAC'S ESTATE!

It's not only Tupac's Estate to be greedy, man! I dont see it like that. Daz didnt want to share profits like he had to, by totally cutting Tupac's Estate! (dont call it AFENI! She's a crackhead! She doesnt even know what business means!)

Juice

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2002, 01:13:02 AM »
WHY THIS TOPIC NOW IS ALL ABOUT MAKAVELI N DILLINGER ? :(

Cause we are all happy that Daz joined Doggystyle and we all hope he'll work with Snoop asap. Since there are no news, why not? We are talking about the step: from DPG Recordz to DOGGYSTYLE.

Juice

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2002, 01:17:06 AM »

Call it what u want, but she can always refuse. Expecially if Daz wanna sell it without "breaking her off the proper share". I wrote it like that to make it more simple.

Don Seer

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2002, 01:18:04 AM »

Actually Daz wanted to release the tracks for 500$ or whatever without even paying TUPAC'S ESTATE!

It's not only Tupac's Estate to be greedy, man! I dont see it like that. Daz didnt want to share profits like he had to, by totally cutting Tupac's Estate! (dont call it AFENI! She's a crackhead! She doesnt even know what business means!)

naww he  just wanted to release it early to some people... he never said he wasnt going to pay afeni... only 1 person paid the 500 (german i think).. and a few paid 50

btw.. u  called 2pac's momma a crackhead  :o  (yeah i know she *was* one...)

Juice

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2002, 01:25:44 AM »
naww he  just wanted to release it early to some people... he never said he wasnt going to pay afeni... only 1 person paid the 500 (german i think).. and a few paid 50

I know it, but he CANT do it. Afeni gotta get paid even for those albums (not) sold. BTW I REMEMBER DAZ HIMSELF WROTE THAT HE SOLD ALMOST ALL THE 2000 COPIES OF THE CD. How is it possible that now Kronik's saying they sold only 1 500$ copy and "a few" 50$ copies? LOL. I dont have time to check the past news of DPGRecz, but you can do it. I'm 100% sure he said he sold a lot! Not.. a few! Naw.. holdon, it was when Kronik wasnt the webmaster yet. It was when the site was ghetto. Who's the lyer?

btw.. u  called 2pac's momma a crackhead  :o  (yeah i know she *was* one...)

Damn! Now she'll sue me!! ;D
Joking. I hope. ;D